Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MMORPG.COM News: Star Trek Online Interview!

AdminAdmin Administrator RarePosts: 5,623

MMORPG.com has just completed an exclusive interview with Glen Dahlgren, the Lead Designer of Star Trek Online.  Here is a preview from the interview:

MMORPG.com: Ever since the realization of Star Wars Galaxies, many people have whispered about the hopes of one day having a Star Trek multiplayer game available to them. How long have you and your development team been in the "works" to make this happen?
Glen Dahlgren: For a number of years, Perpetual Entertainment has been in discussions with Paramount to bring Star Trek to the Massively Multiplayer Online landscape. The folks at Perpetual are died-in-the-wool fans of the franchise, and the Star Trek universe lends itself particularly well to an MMOG; it represents a galaxy ripe for exploration rather than a single, static, pre-established storyline.
MMORPG.com: There's been a recent debate about graphics in a mmorpg. Some like the extreme graphic realism that only a high end computer can yield while others like a cartoonish, colorful look that isn't so hard on a computer. Have you all established a graphic "medium" in which to work on? For example, are you going for a realism approach, a colorful approach, or a more industrial look?
Glen Dahlgren: Star Trek brings with it an established "look and feel" that is more realistic than cartoony. That said, I don't believe that the possibilities are limited to high-end realistic or colorful cartoony. We're focused on making the game as beautiful as possible without bringing your computer to its knees, and as WoW has proven, beautiful is as much about content and art direction as technology.

To read the entire interview, click here!

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

The dead know only one thing: it is better to be alive.

Comments

• SaranumSaranum Member UncommonPosts: 95

Very nice Interview ::::08::
    Thanks to the Mmorpg.com staff, for keeping an eye on this project. ::::40::

----------------------------------------
    Evil UO has doomed my poor soul and now I'm wandering restlessly through all MMORPG's, desperately searching for a place to rest in peace.....

• EffectEffect Member UncommonPosts: 949

Great interview. I can't wait for this game. The new race setup is good as well. I just wonder how they will handle, so many people on one ship. Having like 80 people on the bridge cause they have access to it might cause trouble unless there are tons of instance zones like in Everquest 2 and you get cut scenes during missions ala Final Fantasy XI and Guild Wars.

• JakletJaklet Member Posts: 244
    That was a fantastic interview, congrats!