Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Gimme the straight deal...

Ok, I've been a hardcore FF fan ever since the first one was released on the NES, but I have never gotten around to playing FFXI yet. I've always been intrigued by it (the game looks beautiful), but on the other hand, I've always felt like gameplay sounded a little too 'hardcore' for the amount of time I can put into a game.

So this is what I ask of you guys: Tell me all the cool stuff about this game, and the bad.

Is this a game I can get somewhere with if I only have 3-4 hours a night to play?

Is it really THAT hard to find groups in this game? (I hear that one soooooo much)

Thanks

Comments

• joshcojoshco Member Posts: 38
    If you only have about 30 minutes a night to play it you wont get anywhere, but with 3-4 hours you should be able to do stuff. About finding parties, Im a white mage so it takes me at most 15 minutes to get a party, all I know is that mages seem to find parties faster than other jobs. But parties can be hard to get. Don't know if that helped though.
  • ghostinfinitghostinfinit Member UncommonPosts: 552
    You'll get parties if you choose a job in high demand such as Ranger, Paladin, White Mage, Red Mage (level 41+) and so on.  FFXI is a decent game, with a good plot, history.  Other than that it's pretty average.  Unless you're hardcore FF, I'd weigh your priorities, what you want in your gaming experience.  You may want to look at World of Warcraft.  It seems to be geared towards the casual gamer in that you can exp until your character is fatigued, go rest in a town and get MORE exp if I understand it correctly.  Go check it out for more details.  Good luck!