Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

My money-saving LOTRO scheme

Could anyone tell me if this will work?

So, I heard LOTRO gives 30 free days with every box expansion purchase. I've got 3-4 friends interested in playing, so I came up with this scheme....

The original boxed game can be bought on Amazon for $5. Mines of Moria (the collector's edition, even!) can be bought on Amazon for $10. The new deal with ALL the expansions can be bought for $10, and comes with 30 free days. So...would it be possible to buy all of these, adding the product keys to our accounts in order, and get the game, with all the expansions, AND 90 free days, for $25?

Comments

• DreyzzynDreyzzyn Member Posts: 40

better yet is to trade ingame resources for time card. did that in wow. i'm prepayed til dev 2012

• ExclamExclam Member Posts: 72

Originally posted by Dreyzzyn

better yet is to trade ingame resources for time card. did that in wow. i'm prepayed til dev 2012

I guess that's always an option....but I'm really just wondering if this would be possible. Can anyone confirm that it is? I don't want to buy all that stuff only to find that I won't get any extra game time.

• HarkerTempesHarkerTempes Member UncommonPosts: 13

i believe you can old register a game once for each account, and the free 30 days it tied to that registered copy.

• demarc01demarc01 Member UncommonPosts: 429

No.

Well not quite.

I believe you can get your 30 free days with the initial box, and EITHER 30 free days with the MoM expac or the MoM + MW expacs. You cant claim 2x 30 free days from both though.

So you could get all the expaxs and 60 free days .. not 90.

At least thats how I understood it to work from the FAQ thread on the LotRO official forums.

• leinad312leinad312 Member UncommonPosts: 319

I doubt it would work, I'm sure they've forseen such a scenario. As Harker said, the free month is likely tied to the SoA key, and you can only input that once. That's also how it seemed to work with the FFXI collections also.

Playing - FFXIV,  ESO
    Played - FFXI, WoW, Lineage 2, Guild Wars, Aion, SWToR, LotRO, GW2, TERA, Rift, ArcheAge, TSW

• A while back when the SoM expansion pack came out they offered a few deals like this for preorders. However with none of my expansion packs did I get a free 30 days. I didnt preorder so thats probably why. Unless something has changed I havent read or heard about, there isnt a free 30 days with getting the expansion packs, it should just be buying the base game.

• rznkainrznkain Member Posts: 539

You could get the mines of moria collectors(was some on amazon other week) for 9.95.Use the 14 day trial key (comes with 3-4) Then use your 30 day key after that times up would give you 45 days the 60 may be possible not sure but I know 45 days is for 9.95 collectors edition and the trials in the MoM collectors don't have any of the other trial restrictions.

• AzurealAzureal Member UncommonPosts: 235

All this to save what, like $3.50 a week?

PAST: UO-SWG-DAOC-WOW-DDO-VG-AOC-WAR-FE-DFO-LOTRO-RIFT-GW2
    PRESENT: Nothing
    FUTURE: ESO