Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Wanting to Come back but not sure?

PizziJQPizziJQ Member Posts: 140

I have been thinking about returning to the world of vana'diel. I'm very reluctant because of the direction the game took when i quit in the first place, The every sub job should be Ninja and the fact that lvl 66 Black Mage got the shaft and I was forced to solo.

I loved the game I completed all content up too Treasures of Aht Urhgan loved the game loved the community. It was by far the best MMO I had ever seen but SQ never wanted to admit they messed up and never tried to change somthing that they fucked up.

I just wanted to know is it wourth the 14 dollars to try again?

Lvl 75 Black Mage/White Mage ffxi
Lvl 80 Druid WoW
Lvl 34 Ranger Aion

Comments

• bishbashboshbishbashbosh Member Posts: 57

from what i have heard from a friend at work, FF is still doing great, they are merging some server, level is going to be raised to 99, abd another 3 expansions are in the work.

• Fuller82Fuller82 Member Posts: 13

I just rejoined yesterday.  I just can never find another mmo that I enjoy as much as this one.  Even if it is not what it once was it's still the best suited for me and is still very enjoyable.  Let me know if you join, it'd be nice to have somebody to level up with.

• Laughing-manLaughing-man Member RarePosts: 3,654

I'm having a great time just came back for my third time to this game, I have over 200 days played total and i'm still having a blast leveling new jobs and seeing all the new content.

If you are looking for people to play with and maybe progress through the storyline with please consider Diabolos as a server and looking up me and my friends if you want to find some people to play with, we'd be more than happy to show you the ropes.

Anyway if it sounds interesting enough PM me here or mail me or message me in game, my toon is named Xenda.  If we get enough people to join up we can all help each other out going through the storyline together ^.^

Hey laughing-man I sent you a message earlier.   I'm going to join diabolas if I can ever get logged back in.  It's been patching since I got home from work.  I was looking forward to playing too.  I only got about an hour in last night before I had to hit the sack.

Good to hear ^.^

Yep today was a patch day, kinda rare that the game would be down so long but they are doing the server merges today so its kinda a long one.

Servers should be back up around 11pm EST 10 CST

I'll be on with everyone and their mother to see all the nice shiny new things they added in today at 11 tonight, hope to see you on!

I'll be out by that time.  I should be on tomorrow around 4:00 and I'll try and find ya.  I'm really looking forward to digging into this game again.  I'm even putting it on my old laptop and taking it with me on my business trip next week to play on my off time, which should be plenty. :)

• pojungpojung Member Posts: 810

Earlier this year, I returned to Vana'diel after a 6+ yr hiatus. After having played more recent MMORPGs, it was personally difficult to find myself again. While I admire and enjoy the true-to-roots form that FFXI has kept, it was just a little too 'dated' after such a break.

Something to consider: FFXIV launches this year, and it has been explicitly stated that the main consumer focus of the game will be FFXI players.

That is exactly right, and we're not saying NO to save WoW, because it is already a lost cause. We are saying NO to dissuade the next group of greedy suits who decide to emulate Blizzard and Cryptic, etc.
    We can prevent some of the future games from spewing this crap, but the sooner we start saying no, the better the results will be.
    So - Stand up, pull up your pants, and walk away.
    - MMO_Doubter

I've played WoW a lot recently too, one thing I really hated about wow is how Progression ruined that game because the carrot kept gettin shiner and shiner, my Scorpian Harness on FFXI is still a really dang good piece of gear, 5 years after having attained one.

14 is coming out very soon indeed! 

This is our last chance to play through FFXI's storyline and experience its wonder and majesty before it might be gone for good, don't let this gem slip between your fingers.

• PradaPrada Member Posts: 3

I will join this weekend...hope to see u all

• Robdc84Robdc84 Member Posts: 156

i have always wanted to play this game but never got around to it. i guess i will try now since 14 is around the bend

IN THE FACE!

Wow it seems like people are actually rather interested!  How exciting!

If you are into reading about games before you try them or you're bored waiting for it to install or patch check out http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org  They are one of the foremost resources on FFXI information.

I myself am a San'dorian and so are a few of my friends, so if you don't care what nation you start at I suggest San'doria.  Nations are a storyline in their own right, each have ranks which you achieve through doing missions.  If you pick a different nation it will be hard to do all the storyline together so I strongly suggest San'doria.

Anyway if you have any questions please feel free to message me.

Hope everyone has fun in Vana'diel!

• Robdc84Robdc84 Member Posts: 156

if u got a good group of people i am down to party with u guys since i hear u need groups in order to move anywhere

IN THE FACE!

• deax9999deax9999 Member Posts: 1

I'm downloading/updating as well and am looking to get started with like minded people. I'll look you up on Diabolos. Thanks!

Glad to see there is some more people joining as well.  My handle on there Fuller.  Look me up. 

• LexinLexin Member UncommonPosts: 701

Originally posted by pojung

Something to consider: FFXIV launches this year, and it has been explicitly stated that the main consumer focus of the game will be FFXI players.

Well as a FFXI vet I honestly don't see this game being focused for FFXI players right now. If they would give us a shot at the beta instead of random people then yeah I could see it being more focused on us FFXI players. But the fact is everyone I know from FFXI who has signed up for the beta didn't even get in. I'm sure FFXIV will be a good MMO but right now from what I know not really looking forward to it.