Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Armors

freddifreddi Member Posts: 143

Whats the point of getting new armors?
Isnt the armor u get when u start in lvl 20 has +20 to all physical dmg? all the other armors do the same or less.
I dont get it why should i get diffrent armor? only because its looks better? or ismaybe it has to do with the lvl of the armor plz share ur knowlage with me cuz i tried figguring it out myself and i didnt get it.
did u see the "knight armor" how expensive that is? and its do the same +20 to all physical dmg....
I realy gave it alot of thought and i couldnt see the reason of buying those amors....

There are 2 facts i want to share with u:
1) Doesnt matter how hard u try, u cant lick ur ellbow.
2) 90% of the people who read it try to lick thier ellbows :P

Comments

• talesintalesin Member Posts: 113

All armour is different

There are all kinds of different armour that protect you im different ways. not all armour is the same and on top of that there is more than i place to buy armour and where you get it from will change the stats and cost of the armour. at the moment the best available is in ventari refuge in ettin's back. all armour made there costs 150 gold plus crafting components. so it pays to look around all the crafters and see what armour you need.

• freddifreddi Member Posts: 143

Yeah i read in GWonline about the armors but i didnt see any change between one and other rather than the look of it.
    they all seem to protect u the same from physical dmg.
    So i dont see whats the insane prices of armor for? get my point???

umm, sorry not really no.

difernet armour protects you from different things and can also bosst some of your energy / health making it worth the expense. to illustrate my point check out the difference between studded leather armour and rawhide armour for rangers on gwonline.net

• Invincible37Invincible37 Member Posts: 172
    the armors do have differences.the starting chainmail i got for my warrior all had like 20 armor less than the stuff i could get at lions arch.they also give special stuff,like 1+ magic defence and 1+ speed and such.
  • HieromancerHieromancer Member Posts: 282

Exactly,

For my ranger if i were to get fur lined boots, my feet would have special protections twowards cold damage. If i wear Druid Gloves, i will have better armor against (i think its all physical damage).

Pretty easy to understand bro.

cheers, i just found more information anyway i got it now....

• fnysfnys Member Posts: 88

One more thing...

...do you think, when the release comes, you can choose a lvl 20 guy to start with?
    You can make thousand combination of differend armors, and I like GW cause it has a very big range of armors (and what i heard it will come more armors later).

Remember that Guild Wars is still in alpha/beta testing. Much new things and updates is coming from day to day ingame.

Guildwars - WSC guild
    -> Ingame: Frigus Fnys
    -> Profession: N/Mo

Originally posted by fnys
    One more thing......do you think, when the release comes, you can choose a lvl 20 guy to start with?

god i hope not, half the fun of the game is starting from scratch and developing the skill you want to use at lvl20. i had more fun trying to reach the temple of ages and fishermans haven than i did using the skills i found there

• Wsc_SleipnerWsc_Sleipner Member Posts: 40

Well if you chose a Premade u had a Chainmail Armor with the same stats as a Plate Armor (80 i think it is)

Correct me if im wrong but i think this is the way.

• Gats2k6Gats2k6 Member Posts: 190

yea but that armor ca only be used by that premades (premades suck imho) and this beta they fixed it but if your were to create a pvp only char and give him a name like Ninja Axer (my ingame name :P) and then have someone hold that armor and delete that pvp char and make a roleplay char and start a lvl 20 and then get that armor transferred back to ya it would have would but it look they fixed that last beta =/ well good job arena net :P the glad and the knigh armor is 80 armor and then +20 against physical damage where as the premade armor is just 80 and buffs on the armor

• Invincible37Invincible37 Member Posts: 172
    i hope they dont have premades at launch.i mean if they keep them severly limited in where they can go like in the beta.but i would like to at least have a choise of what type of weapon i use(axe,sword,hammer,staff etc.)and what skills i have equiped
  • HieromancerHieromancer Member Posts: 282
    i think i heard somwhere that there wont be premades during ths launch
  • RoinRoin Member RarePosts: 3,444

Originally posted by Hieromancer
    i think i heard somwhere that there wont be premades during ths launch

Yep it's a Beta only thing. You won't be seeing them come retail.

In War - Victory.
    In Peace - Vigilance.
    In Death - Sacrifice.

Of course there wont be any premade chars to choose from in retail. otherwise what would be the point of the game? why would someone speand 20 hours + orking on a character and if they could jusr pick 1 off the shelf?

From what i heard ingame and here at the forum u would be able to start from lvl 20... some 1 mentioned it in the first page...
    cuz the idea of the game isnt grinding.... its not like other mmorpg! its a new genration of mmorpg.
    So the idea is that every 1 will start from the same lvl
    after all its Guild Wars not npc wars :P

• devilman9889devilman9889 Member Posts: 24

Yep it's a Beta only thing. You won't be seeing them come retail.

Of course therre will be premade lvl 20's, but IMO they are not as strong as making your own char, but yes, the same lvl 20 premades from the BWE will be around at release.

• SulZeroSulZero Member Posts: 37
    the armor thing is abit dope i had to make around 2000g just to make full knight armor which iam really proud of but buying the materials and paying 150g just to craft is redicoulus!

You bitch! :P u have the full knight armour???????
    Meh!
    Its looks great
    But i dont know what does it do :P
    On Gwonline it doesnt say can u link me to a place where i can get information for every armour?
    And another question:
    Do u get some kind of bonus if u have all the armour parts?
    cuz if u dont isnt it better to build the armour from all kind of armours? like ascalon armour and knights etc...?

• XardasteoXardasteo Member Posts: 159

Originally posted by fnys
    One more thing......do you think, when the release comes, you can choose a lvl 20 guy to start with?
    You can make thousand combination of differend armors, and I like GW cause it has a very big range of armors (and what i heard it will come more armors later).Remember that Guild Wars is still in alpha/beta testing. Much new things and updates is coming from day to day ingame.

Uhmmmm, i am absolutely positive that this wont be the case, coz u would see who is a newb and who is not, for instance. and u would be stronger, so i think all ppl would start a lvl 20 charac wich F**ks up the fun, i think. i dont think the will be this unwise::::27::

lol, no i aint mad::::18::,

grtz,

Xardasteo

Grtz,

Xardasteo

Leader of the MindRebels Alliance

Our Guild & Forum
    -----------------------------------------

• SulZeroSulZero Member Posts: 37
    and it only took me one beta to do it all, lol i was well chuffed. only in the last beta i got it
  • cyrdaancyrdaan Member Posts: 60
    i think that the farthest they will go with premades in release is the pvp ones. Now they may start out as good but iirc they can't gain any more skills or anything and can't use any other armor. There will be better stuff and the people who choose those charcters will in time will have to create new characters to get the new stuff.
  • DonavynDonavyn Member Posts: 71

Your character will have basic, beginning armor when it's created. No matter if you make it a level 1, or a level 20.

There are different levels of armor that will provide different levels of protection. For instance, a set of level 5 armor, which has an AF of 30 has 2 different sets. The lower end set will cost less materials to make, however will also provide less protection. The higher level armor will cost higher material cost and gold to make, and provide better protection/resistance.

This is parallel with the different levels of armor that you can obtain for your character as they level.

I dont understand why everyone is getting so hung up about premade character in the retail game. the whole point of the premade lvl 20 guys is to allow people to test the pvp areas during beta whilst still being reasonably competitive.

there should not be any premade chars in the retail game as using 1 in the real game is basically cheating . Why should have to spend time & money and gold building up my char if some noob can walk in and take 1 right off th shelf. the game would be unbalanced if that were allowed to happen, therefore there will be no retail premade chars

• ShumpShump Member Posts: 116

maybe if u werent a gay lil permade 20 u would relize some stuff

• Gats2k6Gats2k6 Member Posts: 190

Originally posted by talesin
    I dont understand why everyone is getting so hung up about premade character in the retail game. the whole point of the premade lvl 20 guys is to allow people to test the pvp areas during beta whilst still being reasonably competitive.there should not be any premade chars in the retail game as using 1 in the real game is to basically cheating cheating . Why should have to spend tim monry and gold building up my char if some noob can walk in and take 1 right off th shelf. the game would be unbalanced if that we allowed to happen, therefore there will be no retail premade chars
    im for no premades but premades suck any ways to begin with so it shouldn't be that hard the only thing that i see affecting this is healers.... sicne they are so scare and taking a lvl 20 premade healer would be...