Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

KOTORO = action game with RPG features only?

A long time ago My MMOG career started with SWG. In 2005 the game fall apart when LucasArts and SOE decided to kill it with the still most stupid NGE - New Game Enhanchement - which turned out to be the most horrible thing a game company have produced in my opionion. Not to mention how the horrible treatment the players where met with when they cried out. Anyway. This is history.. But the history comes back with this new SW game. Although its a different game company who produces the game, LucasArts stands behind it.

Now, I am currently a avid EVE online player, playing on my 5th year, and as such I am not all that much looking for a new game to playy. But I am always interested in new experence, and although the history of the SWG:NGE taints the KOTOR MMORPG per today for me, i am interested in learning more about it.

Some questions:

1. Now, i have been reading ther webpage, and my impression is this game is totally different from SWG: classic. First, half the classes are Jedi/Sith inspired on both sides. Of 4 classes to each side 2 of them are jedi inspired. My questions is, will there come more classes? And dont you think this is too much jedi/Sith classes?

2. Are this to be a strongly action based game only? I see no form of crafting like which where so darn popular in SWG until they messed up the game. One of the charm with that game was the partly playerrun market with its player made products. Are we here speaking completely NPC player provided products? Eve online scores very large on its player based market, although maybe a little too complex for KOTOR, it would be nice to have a player product market to some degree!

3.  What about socializing tools? IN SWG we had the highly popular entertainers. The arcitects with its buildings which could be used for socialzing: here in KOTOR its all action based it seems to me. Would it not be prudent to give the players some form of socializing tools? EVE online are doing that now with Incarna.

For me KOTORO seems very much like the single player version KOTOR - which where great enough. But for a MMORPG I feel this is not enough. Or not for me that is. Why are game companies failing with the social aspects, when history tells us the players really enjoy these features; many players simply log on to have a good social time with their online friends!

The game graphics and sound are extremely important, but it seems to me that in modern game making history and gameplay are being neglected, while in online game socializing is too.

Comments

• Toquio3Toquio3 Member Posts: 1,074

Self Edit - screw it. I cant be assed with SWG vets posts anymore.

Oh and mmorpg staff, well done for fixing what wasnt broken. Posting here is now officially a PITA.

If you stand VERY still, and close your eyes, after a minute you can actually FEEL the universe revolving around PvP.