Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

An open challenge to Derek Smart

DarzinDarzin Member Posts: 46

I left a challenge for Derek Smart on the Gamasutra Comments. Essentially a no-holds barred interview. Since he seems more interested in dodging questions, putting up paranoid responses, and blaming David Allen for all the games problems I figured a real interview might shed some light on him.

Odds that it will happen? 0%!

Almighty Dollar 1, MMORPG.com members 0!
Blog

Comments

• dar_es_balatdar_es_balat Member Posts: 438

Honestly I wonder if anyone actually expected anything more than failure out of this game.  The name is unoriginal, and sounds more like a 12 step program than an MMO,  and the concept is a horse that has been ridden haggard, and then beaten to death.  Why the rider doesnt put down his bottle of whiskey and admit the horse isnt going to get back up is anyones guess.

Knowing the answer to that though would be like knowing the answer to why a fanbase can develop for shitty products like New Kids on the Block, Sideways haircuts, ShamWOW, and Alganon.

Crappy, petty people breed and raise crappy, petty kids.

• WraithoneWraithone Member RarePosts: 3,806

Originally posted by Darzin

I left a challenge for Derek Smart on the Gamasutra Comments. Essentially a no-holds barred interview. Since he seems more interested in dodging questions, putting up paranoid responses, and blaming David Allen for all the games problems I figured a real interview might shed some light on him.

Odds that it will happen? 0%!

At this point, what is to be gained? The wall of text over on Gamasutra was mind boggling enough.  Dragging it out even further would serve no real purpose. I was personally involved in the disaster that Horizons turned out to be. If Smart can even half way prevent that, then more power to him.  If not, then its another failed game.

"If you can't kill it, don't make it mad."
  • MMO.MaverickMMO.Maverick Member CommonPosts: 7,619

Lol! I actually came here to see what's being said about the game or any recent changes on it out of curiosity (yeah, I know I could check out the official Alganon forums, but I'm lazy, so I thought I just check mmorpg.com for that), then I see the top 3 threads is all about Derek Smart, or more like anti-Smart, and you're the main drive, Darzin :D

To be fair, reading up I see you're also harsh on David Allen.

I guess news about the Alganon game directors is more interesting than news about the game itself?! Hmm, think I'll do a checkup of their official forums, some time.

The ACTUAL size of MMORPG worlds: a comparison list between MMO's

The ease with which predictions are made on these forums:
    Fratman: "I'm saying Spring 2012 at the earliest [for TOR release]. Anyone still clinging to 2011 is deluding themself at this point."

• BrixonBrixon Member UncommonPosts: 259

I wouldn't put a lot of faith in Derek Smart. He has a rep for releasing buggy and unfinished games. He's as big a joke as David Allen.

• RednecksithRednecksith Member Posts: 1,238

Originally posted by Brixon

I wouldn't put a lot of faith in Derek Smart. He has a rep for releasing buggy and unfinished games. He's as big a joke as David Allen.

Yeah, but Alganon is already buggy and unfinished, so... nowhere to go but up, right? Right? image