Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

RoM questions before I play

xFanaticxxFanaticx Member Posts: 68

I tried RoM some time ago and stopped around level 10, was Mage/Priest. I found leveling the 2nd class painful and boring and disliked the slow pace of the priest leveling, did not give it a really long time though and probably made a mistake trying to level it in the same starting town as my mage.

Would love to give the game another go, but have a few questions.

1. PvE or PvP - I don't have any time to raid or be on a schedule - so I will be solo. I have massive amounts of competitive PvP experience over the last 15 years, as well as major raiding experience. Would you recommend PvP to give me something to do solo end game?

2. If going to a PvP server solo - class combo for surviving and end game pvp.

Many, many thanks for any who answer.

3. Grimdall for PvP? Artemis for PvE?

4. Diamonds and cash shop - how much per month spend realistically to be engaged in the game as you would a dedicated P2P and be involved in end game?

5. How long to max level 1 class and 2nd class?

6. Can mobs drop rares, epics, cool items etc or is it all filtered through raiding/cash shop?

7. Can you craft/tier up the equivalent of end game gear?

In essence, can I be self-sufficient and enjoy the game to it's fullest in either PvE OR PvP solo?

Any other tips before I dive back in?

Comments

• LuiluLuilu Member Posts: 34

1. PvE or PvP - I don't have any time to raid or be on a schedule - so I will be solo. I have massive amounts of competitive PvP experience over the last 15 years, as well as major raiding experience. Would you recommend PvP to give me something to do solo end game? 

there is not very much PvP-Content for soloplayers in the game yet - so i would advise you to stick with pve

2. If going to a PvP server solo - class combo for surviving and end game pvp. 

XXXXX

3. Grimdall for PvP? Artemis for PvE?

XXXXX ( i am from europe)

4. Diamonds and cash shop - how much per month spend realistically to be engaged in the game as you would a dedicated P2P and be involved in end game?

you dont have to spend if you have enough time to go and farm money - with ingame gold you can buy the CS-diamonds in the auctionhouse.

5. How long to max level 1 class and 2nd class?

depends on your leveling speed - if hardcore you can reach 55 with both class in less than one month

6. Can mobs drop rares, epics, cool items etc or is it all filtered through raiding/cash shop?

No items from cashshop - you need to raid or to buy from AH to get "cool epics"

7. Can you craft/tier up the equivalent of end game gear?

no equal crafting but you can "pimp" your normalgear with drops from Instances or - right, go to the AH.

In essence, can I be self-sufficient and enjoy the game to it's fullest in either PvE OR PvP solo?

hm - ye :) but for the instances you surely have to find / search grps - on a pvp-server you can ofc gank and open-pvp alone.

Any other tips before I dive back in?