Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

From Xbox 360 to the PS3

ThomasN7ThomasN7 87.18.7.148Member CommonPosts: 6,690

Ever since I bought my new pc 2 months ago I haven't even touch my 360 whatsoever. Why ? Well I do not play any 360 exclusives so I can play games like Dragon Age, ME,ME2, L4D1, L4D2, Borderlands, TF2, Dead Space all on my pc.  I think one of the biggest draws for me to get a PS3 is the PS3 exclusives like GOW, MAG,Demon Souls and Heavy Rain (which you can't play on the pc). I don't have to pay for online usage on my PS3 and I get a Blue-ray dvd player too. Lesson learned, if you do not play any 360 exclusives and you have a capable pc then there is no need for a 360 unless you really prefer a 360. So I can't wait to get my hands on those PS3 exclusives and may even consider FFXIV on there as well.

Comments

• Rockgod99Rockgod99 Member Posts: 4,640

We just had this conversation in the other PS3/360 thread didnt we?

Anyway... to keep myself on topic Ill just say i use my 360 90% of the time. PS3 has 5 good exclusives and I refuse to sit 50+ hours playing a sp game on my PC.

Different strokes yadda yadda yadda.

Addition: Gears of war 2 &3 arent on PC, Halo and recently Alan Wake was also canceled for PC. I wouldn't be tossing that 360 away anytime soon buddy, the Piracy on PC is making devs think twice about the PC as a gaming platform. These guys keep cracking Anti-piracy software and PCs library will be pathetic in the next couple years.

Playing: Rift, LotRO
    Waiting on: GW2, BP

• Merlin1977Merlin1977 Member Posts: 168

I upgraded from a 360 to a PS3 for pretty much the same reasons, i gain a Blu-Ray player and i have friends with a PS3.

I get the feeling that MS messed up big time by not adding an optional Blu-Ray drive, most people i know want value for money when buying things and the PS3 is the answer.  I also get the feeling that publishers are now getting to grips with the SDK for the PS3 and now that they understand how to make the most out of games they are finding that the PS3 is indeed much more powerful and in an age where games are being played on more and more hi-def tv's, publishers want to make their games look awesome!  FF13 for example looks like a manga movie when in fact its a game!

I only play 1 game on the 360 now and thats Pro Evo 6 - got some mates that love that game and we have some Friday nights in letting it rip!  If it wasn't for that game and the fact i don't see any point buying it on the PS3 when i already own it, i would have sold my 360 by now.  I don't really play online games except for FIFA on the PS3 and the online experience is absolutely fine on the PS3, can't complain one bit.

Anyway this is another person who has switched from buying games on the 360 over to the PS3.

PS. I'm not overly fussed on exclusive titles as some ppl are, soo i guess if you are a Halo or Gears of War lover - you need to have a 360.

Originally posted by Merlin1977

I upgraded from a 360 to a PS3 for pretty much the same reasons, i gain a Blu-Ray player and i have friends with a PS3.

I get the feeling that MS messed up big time by not adding an optional Blu-Ray drive, most people i know want value for money when buying things and the PS3 is the answer.  I also get the feeling that publishers are now getting to grips with the SDK for the PS3 and now that they understand how to make the most out of games they are finding that the PS3 is indeed much more powerful and in an age where games are being played on more and more hi-def tv's, publishers want to make their games look awesome!  FF13 for example looks like a manga movie when in fact its a game!

I only play 1 game on the 360 now and thats Pro Evo 6 - got some mates that love that game and we have some Friday nights in letting it rip!  If it wasn't for that game and the fact i don't see any point buying it on the PS3 when i already own it, i would have sold my 360 by now.  I don't really play online games except for FIFA on the PS3 and the online experience is absolutely fine on the PS3, can't complain one bit.

Anyway this is another person who has switched from buying games on the 360 over to the PS3.

PS. I'm not overly fussed on exclusive titles as some ppl are, soo i guess if you are a Halo or Gears of War lover - you need to have a 360.

What are we in year 5 of this console generation? you would think with all the price drops people would own every platform by now.

I hope your right with the unlocked potential of PS3 man. I would like to actually buy a multiplatform game on it.

As of right now you need to study the pixels with a magnifying lens to see the difference between FFXIII on the ps3 and 360.

I expect way better visuals out of the ps3 and I havent gotten that.

Its an utter failure on the part of multi-platform developers that the PS3 is equal to a inferior (tech wise) console like the 360.

Oh well until that day ill keep buying multies on my 360.

• ArndurArndur Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 2,202

Originally posted by Rockgod99

What are we in year 5 of this console generation? you would think with all the price drops people would own every platform by now.

I hope your right with the unlocked potential of PS3 man. I would like to actually buy a multiplatform game on it.

As of right now you need to study the pixels with a magnifying lens to see the difference between FFXIII on the ps3 and 360.

Its an utter failure on the part of multi-platform developers that the PS3 is equal to a inferior (tech wise) console like the 360.

The 360 is 4 years old and the PS3 and Wii are 3. Also many have bene buying games so not extra cash for a new console.

I'm making the jump to the PS3. The new "it only does everything' ads really sold me. Personaly I want SP and Heavy Rain, MGS4, GoW series, Uncharted 1 and 2, and Demon Soul's give me that. Plus Killzone and Restitance look cool.

Hold on Snow Leopard, imma let you finish, but Windows had one of the best operating systems of all time.

If the Powerball lottery was like Lotro, nobody would win for 2 years, and then everyone in Nebraska would win on the same day.
    And then Nebraska would get nerfed.-pinkwood lotro fourms

AMD 4800 2.4ghz-3GB RAM 533mhz-EVGA 9500GT 512mb-320gb HD

Originally posted by Arndur

Originally posted by Rockgod99

The 360 is 4 years old and the PS3 and Wii are 3. Also many have bene buying games so not extra cash for a new console.

I'm making the jump to the PS3. The new "it only does everything' ads really sold me. Personaly I want SP and Heavy Rain, MGS4, GoW series, Uncharted 1 and 2, and Demon Soul's give me that. Plus Killzone and Restitance look cool.

IM not in disagreement that PS3 exclusives are awesome. I mean I own a PS3 for the exclusives.

IM just saying I don't see this massive increase in graphics over the 360. Sure they got rid of multi disc games but other than that, nothing really.

Put yourself in my shoes. I don't like playing Games on my PC for extended periods of time, I have over 50 games on 360, fully invested in an amazing sized friends list(on live) and a good amount of gamer points.  Now if you were me what console would be the one you play the most? lol

I own a PC(mmos,Rts), I own a PS3 (exclusives), I own a Wii(Exclusives) along with my 360 for everything else.

Like i said different strokes for different folks. This whole 360 exclusives are on PC debate does not apply to everyone because most people do not want to sit in front of their PC that long.