Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

preorder

sdoughtysdoughty Member Posts: 149
wen u preorder guild wars how do u get the code to get into game for beta events??

Toughest rater in the world
Try to impress me, please, i dare u

Comments

• SulZeroSulZero Member Posts: 37
    the seller will send it to you by e-mail!
  • sdoughtysdoughty Member Posts: 149

any idea on how long it will take??

Toughest rater in the world
    Try to impress me, please, i dare u

• SulZeroSulZero Member Posts: 37

sorry i dont really know but i reckon in around 49hrs?? , where do you live?

• Wsc_SleipnerWsc_Sleipner Member Posts: 40

Once u preorderd u get "the Preorder box" that contain a Tiny Envelope with Your Preoredr code and a Friends Pass u can give to a Friend so he can join a Beta weekend (And ONE only)

Also u get a Poster and a CD with some Art and Music.

• DonavynDonavyn Member Posts: 71

Actually there are two ways that you can pre-order.

The first way is to purchase the per-order special pack, which was distributed to select retail outlets to be sold for $5, or $10 each. The special pack came with a CD that contained the client, music, artwork, and a Friend Pass. In purchasing this, you still need to purchase the game, which will be reserved for you minus the amount you paid for the special pack.

The second way is to purchase the game in its entirety prior to release. The beta information should be sent to you from the retailer so that you can particiapate in the beta events.

Make sure you know which one you want to do when you pre-order. =)

• cooldevocooldevo Member Posts: 371

Originally posted by Donavyn
    Actually there are two ways that you can pre-order.The first way is to purchase the per-order special pack, which was distributed to select retail outlets to be sold for $5, or $10 each. The special pack came with a CD that contained the client, music, artwork, and a Friend Pass. In purchasing this, you still need to purchase the game, which will be reserved for you minus the amount you paid for the special pack.The second way is to purchase the game in its entirety prior to release. The beta information should be sent to you from the retailer so that you can particiapate in the beta events.Make sure you know which one you want to do when you pre-order. =)

At the EBgames up here in Canada, the preorder is free. If you put a deposit to buy the full retail release, you get the preorder package. As long as you put down a minimum of $5, you get the preorder and deposit. You could put the full value of the game down if you felt like it, and then pick it up and not have to pay on release day. Then you bring in the preorder receipt and they credit that amount off the final retail purchase price. For example, I paid 10 dollars for the preorder. When the release comes out, I will bring my receipt in and get 10 dollars off the full retail price.

More or less similar to what you are saying, but a bit different. Unless I misread what you wrote. I have done all my preorders that way through EB.