Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Terribly Disappointed With LCD's

13»

Comments

• noquarternoquarter Member Posts: 1,170

Originally posted by skeaser
    Originally posted by dfan
    Originally posted by drbaltazar mm first when you buy a screen always check two thing
    1 :buy an HD SCREEN(23 inch is native hd ,1920x1080 or such is HD!
    2:buy widescreen
    3:stay with big brand!
    4:dont buy acer even if its given to you !why?because they dont support their product with new driver ,software like other brand do
    want something from them ?send a check and they ll send you the stuff in a juffy(about 3 years!oups no need the warranty is finish lol!)

My last monitor (22") and my new monitor (24") are both Acer and both are good.
    I'm using reviews.cnet.com/lcd-monitors/acer-p243w/1707-3174_7-32569195.html

Bit better review:

www.digitalversus.com/article-357-3693-38.html
    Wouldn't say anything else good about it than cheap price.

Um, that review gave it 4/5 stars, the biggest markdown being they didn't like the fact that you can't pivot the monitor!

When you compare the monitors against top tn-monitors, it's lot worse in everything.

Right, when you look at the numbers, maybe I'm different but I personally can't see a difference.

Totally worthless to compare uncalibrated monitors and without knowledge how to look for differences.

If I have to look for the differences it doesn't really matter does it?

You can't fix a car either if you don't know how it works.

Right, but your saying my car runs just as well as any other car, but is inferior because of something that you can't notice.
    If you can't see a difference in two displays where's the issue? Just because one has higher numbers in some category that the human eye can't distinguish doesn't really matter.

There is difference, quite much actually. It's not about differences not able to see by human eye, it's about differences you might not be able to see.

That's what I'm saying, I can't see any difference, so why pay more?

You probably could notice the difference if they were side by side, but not as much as you'd notice the difference in your wallet.
  • dfandfan Member Posts: 362

Breaking up the quote monster. Calibrated, side by side, and with proper test softwares you would see it clear as day.

What I've been trying to say all along, is that you can't really compare them by "looking at desktop".

• noquarternoquarter Member Posts: 1,170

Breaking up the quote monster. Calibrated, side by side, and with proper test softwares you would see it clear as day. What I've been trying to say all along, is that you can't really compare them by "looking at desktop".

bah I only posted to make the quote bigger :)

• shepx22shepx22 Member Posts: 133

Originally posted by bronecar

So I thought I should upgrade my pc, by buying a new monitor, my old one was a second hand dating back from 1998.

Boy, was I eager in anticipation waiting for my 19 inch display Samsung LCD 4:3 format (square screen)

Fianlly, it arrived on Wednesday, only to realize that LCD's have a rather poor image quality compared to the old CRT monitors.

My model is Sync Master 943. The most annoying factor is the fact that you may not optimally view image from any angle, the top is rather dark and the bottom rather bright and the grid aspect which doesn't enable smoothness. And it's a 2010 model. After so many years you would expect they've made some improvements to the technology.

You sir bought a cheap LCD monitor, 99% of the monitors out save enegry and have a better picture quality over the old CRT Monitors. My 22" Acer is doing the job fine that I paid $100, but soon buying a High-Def Asus 27" 1080p which is onsale for $299 locally. Most LCD monitors coming out now are High-Def, and sad to see you didnt choose one of those if clerity is an issue.