Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Guild Reset at Launch?

rschaefer_1rschaefer_1 Member Posts: 47
Some members of my guild were thinking that the guild would be reset at game launch.  I've been looking for official articles that would support or disprove this thought.  Does anyone know of any official statement on this matter and can tell me where you found it?

Comments

• SulZeroSulZero Member Posts: 37
    hmm.. well if you attend almost all of the BWE then your account will be kept and i suppose also your guild, but its better just to buy the pre order it dont cost much and i reckon its well woth it.
  • SulZeroSulZero Member Posts: 37
    oh ny the way you xfire how do you get the avater in the actual xfire underneath?
  • XardasteoXardasteo Member Posts: 159

I think that all guild and players will be reset, coz u have 2 start over when u buy the game, still, this is just what i think ::::14::

Grtz,

Xardasteo

Leader of the MindRebels Alliance

Our Guild & Forum
    -----------------------------------------

• fnysfnys Member Posts: 88

What do you mean with "reset"?
    The guild points? ...or the whole guild will be removed when the release comes?

A server wipe appear for all players when the relesease date comes (I'm not sure about the alpha-testers characters and stats). All characters stats will be resetted... or even removed, I don't remember, so I think also the guilds will be removed.
    We'll see...

I will be happy if it will be the same for all, even alpha-testers.

Guildwars - WSC guild
    -> Ingame: Frigus Fnys
    -> Profession: N/Mo

• Gats2k6Gats2k6 Member Posts: 190

shoot, they better reset the servers and i reckon they would do it since where in the beta you can start at lvl 20 and if that was the case it would transfer over to release and i know for sure they are taking the lvl 20 option since it would kinda make players runaway faster and already with the vast amount of people in guildwars esp you took the lvl 20 ticket consider the possiblity of 75% of the game already at lvl 20 on day 1 O_O i can see 2-4 days but not first minute u log in :P

heck i got alot of good stuff for my char whose lvl 20 but i would like to start over again with every1 at lvl 1 but i think that they will do it like the past betas they will wipe but the guild information,friends, and names will be there (ahh reserved names so nice)

• cyrdaancyrdaan Member Posts: 60

Is the guild making requirement still to hold the hall of heroes? I think you can also buy that thingy you get for doing that, I am pretty sure thats what my guild did.

yes u can buy the sigil in lions arch but i do like the idea of holding hall of heroes but doing that is often hard unless u got an uber team and no noobs

• MalicusMalicus Member Posts: 307

Will my characters still exist when Guild Wars releases?

Yes, if you have played in a Beta Weekend Event, your character will carry over to the release version of Guild Wars.

Will my characters be wiped when Guild Wars is released?

No, your characters will not be wiped. That is, they will not be removed from the servers because if you have played in any of the Beta Weekend Events, your character names are reserved through the character itself. However, the characters will by necessity be reset to starting levels and they will possess starting skills and items.

http://www.guildwars.com/faq/default.html

i thought i said something like that :P the only thing you basically keep is your name :P

• Wsc_SleipnerWsc_Sleipner Member Posts: 40

Originally posted by Malicus

Will my characters still exist when Guild Wars releases?

Yes, if you have played in a Beta Weekend Event, your character will carry over to the release version of Guild Wars.

Will my characters be wiped when Guild Wars is released?

No, your characters will not be wiped. That is, they will not be removed from the servers because if you have played in any of the Beta Weekend Events, your character names are reserved through the character itself. However, the characters will by necessity be reset to starting levels and they will possess starting skills and items.

http://www.guildwars.com/faq/default.html

So what is the dif. from this and the Making of a New one (except the fact that the name is "locked" to you.

As they take ALL your items away,They set u back to lvl 1, and ALL guilds r gone...

Don't missread me here i LOVE the fact that the start is an "Even" start where everyone will have to work to get lvl and to start a Guild (and BTW HoH as a nOOb...How do u do that as u MUST get to Lions Arch to be able to enter "da Tomb" and by then u r no nOOb, more like lover midlvlish image.

But how fast wouldn't the Riftaz and the cursed Cleric make u join their ranks if u could enter as lvl 5 imageimageimage

i thought you still kept your guild information? but if you don't no biggie. couldn't help see your big signatures catch my eye knowing of your big guild is there someone in it called blue the healer or is it blue the monk? he is the best healer i have known in gw :P too bad he was in your guild tried converting him to the darksi... i mean the goodside

• DonavynDonavyn Member Posts: 71

Yes, the guilds as well as the characters will be 'reset' on game launch.

What this means is, that each of the characters that you've created in any of the BWE's will have a character 'placeholder' that looks like the warrior character.

Under that character you will have an additional button, named 're-create'.

This is how you will be able to have your character names saved for game release.

Guild will also be reset, meaning that at game launch, there will be no guilds at all, it will be up to the individuals to obtain another 'guild token' and re-create your guild and re-invite your members. So it will be ideal for your guild master to get information on his members so that he can contact them for guild invites once the guild is re-created.

• rschaefer_1rschaefer_1 Member Posts: 47

Originally posted by SulZero
    oh ny the way you xfire how do you get the avater in the actual xfire underneath?

Just edit your xfire profile and add it under the avatar settings.
  • rschaefer_1rschaefer_1 Member Posts: 47
    When I said reset I meant the guild would be destroyed and have to be recreated.  I still haven't seen anything official that said yea or nay to that.  Yes the characters will be set to level 1 for game launch and it would make sense that the ladder would be reset as well but I haven't seen anything official on that either.  The only reason that I can see for actually destroying the whole guild is to make people come up with the gold to register and buy the capes again.  I really don't see the point in doing that.  Also if you setup a great guild with a good name I'd hate for someone to steal that name for there own guild if a group has been using it for the BWE.
  • XardasteoXardasteo Member Posts: 159

What is the point in havin a Guild in wich all ppl are reset back 2 lvl1 & some members havent bought the game, and some will never do so....... pretty pointless, so once again i say YES ::::40::

Grtz,

Xardasteo

Leader of the MindRebels Alliance

Our Guild & Forum
    -----------------------------------------

• DonavynDonavyn Member Posts: 71

rschaefer_1, were you playing Guild Wars when we did the first 'reset' of our characters?!?

If so, then you should remember that the guilds were also reset to assure that everyone started off on the same level and there was no 'handicap' due to guilds remaining from alpha, or beta tests.

Honestly, it wouldn't be fair if folks who participated in those scenarios were able to keep their status and guild upon release.

Although there hasn't as of yet been an 'official word' on a guild reset prior to release, I'm sure it's a safe bet to say there will be.