Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Helppppp i dont know if i should get this game

r4nd0mh3r0r4nd0mh3r0 Member Posts: 7
ok, im sitting here looking at the game wondering if i should buy it , im wondering how this game is like in the items , is there a large variety or weapons/armor or is there a bunch of people that look the same and can you kill things or do you just go running around looking for stuff like a book or something lol i dno , plzz help me i dont know i should buy it image

imageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimage

Comments

• cyrdaancyrdaan Member Posts: 60

Yes without a doubt you should buy this game. Now many people say that it is "not like all the other MMORPG'S". Well, duh that is what its supposed to be. Arena Net is trying to stand out from the crowd and they have done a smashing job. THey have delivered a unique game that is fun as hell. People also say that it is "lacking in content". They should realize that what they have played up till now is a beta. It is not supposed to show the whole world. If ficty-million little fed-ex quests is your idea of content then go play everquest. Yes there are a few of those types of quests in the game but that isn't the focus. The focus is on going out there and having some fun killing monsters.

Sorry, I got off on a rant. Anyway, yes you should buy it. Yes you get to kill a lot of stuff. If you like pvp then get this game. If you like pve then get this game. If you like playing the best game out there, get this game. It is awesome.

• HieromancerHieromancer Member Posts: 282

Very Much So.

Why? Well because there won't be a game out there with this kind of "beautifull" game play. Basically im sayin that if your looking for a good game this is a MUST have due to so many different aspects, i dont like typing much but, this is an exception compared to whati usually type =D

BREAKDOWN:

Community - Havn't seen very much if at all any crap talking, thank god to guild wars methods of pick your team to fight with. And theres not random people out there looking to just piss you off so they can get a sick little laugh at home. You can go out with your guild and isnt hard to get to eachother (they have very nice traveling system).

PvE - Alot of people are saying that it lacks so much, but even in the BETA times, i think it rocks, i have played other games and PvE doesnt really change you go out and you kill animals, in here you kill animals to finish your mission, so you have a reason to PvE, you get to finish your mission and get more skills add onto your attributes. Besides there skills and antribute system and there "pick 8" method is really quite a challenge, you dont know what to pick, how to pick it and all you can really do is just test it out.

PvP - Well this is where all the praises are coming from, i havnt done much but i have doe a match or two here and there, i won alot and it wasnt too hard, i come from Asheron's Call and i wont find better PvP then that but thats beside the point, i love this game and PvP seems to be the "highlight" of this game.

GvG - Simply Put: I got smoked during my GvG match but i still had a blast, we kept on going back and wouldnt leave till we got the flag on this post thing, but unfortunely one of my team members had to leave =C... GvG is a blast with a good guild (if you asre planning on playing i would send me a PM and ill give you my guild information, we are really good!)

Well i really dont know what else to say but that this game "kills" any other game that ive ever player and its not even P2P (pay to play). It actually cheaper in the long run if u care to do the math, if you want i did it on "Guild Wars Freeeee" twowards the bottom.

I have to agree completely with Hieromancer. The pve is awesome. You can go out and adventure with your friends in the explorable areas that creates a map just for you and them. That means no 100 lvl charcters coming and beating the crap out of all the new people. There are also missions where you can get a group togther and play. Even after you complete a mission you can go back and re do it. The missions are just as much fun the second time around plus you can get some nice items in the missions, teh frops are different every time. And trust me where you get a good pve group together it is amazing.

Yes buy this game without a doubt.

• XardasteoXardasteo Member Posts: 159

So u Exactly know what is mean, view pic below

LOL, should be clear ::::20::

Grtz,

Xardasteo

Leader of the MindRebels Alliance

Our Guild & Forum
    -----------------------------------------

• sdoughtysdoughty Member Posts: 149
    im gunna buy this, 49 dollars for life is such a good offer for this game

Toughest rater in the world
    Try to impress me, please, i dare u

• RamadarRamadar Member Posts: 167
    The final version of this game is going to be better then what was played of the beta's, those off us who had played the beta can't find to much bad things to say about it, it's that good, people have been waiting for a game like this for awhile and it'll be here 4/28/05.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb....

• djlightningdjlightning Member Posts: 27

I might have missed it but I did scim thru the post rather fast. One point in PvE that i think was left out....Henchmen, Henchmen,Henchmen. If you go out and your party is a little shy of a few ppl, just employ Henchmen to fill the gaps. Wow, 3 of us and 3 Henchmen went and tore it up.  They are lvl 10 but man do the help out. You dont have much control over them and you are dealing with a NPC AI, but it was awesome to beable and do that.

After playing with a few other people, you may rather have Henchmen by your side considering who you may be playing with.

Yes, buy  the game. It will be worth it.

• Rapid-UKRapid-UK Member Posts: 3
    Definitely YES buy this game, well worth it.....Played the Feb BETA and i think this is one game you can't miss, i know i'll be getting it.... 
  • gsonoxgsonox Member Posts: 121

Played the feb-beta as well and fell in love with it. Now it´s in my thoughts, haunting my schoolwork concentration..

..So high recommendations from here.

Originally posted by djlightning
    I might have missed it but I did scim thru the post rather fast. One point in PvE that i think was left out....Henchmen, Henchmen,Henchmen. If you go out and your party is a little shy of a few ppl, just employ Henchmen to fill the gaps. Wow, 3 of us and 3 Henchmen went and tore it up. They are lvl 10 but man do the help out. You dont have much control over them and you are dealing with a NPC AI, but it was awesome to beable and do that.
    After playing with a few other people, you may rather have Henchmen by your side considering who you may be playing with.
    Yes, buy the game. It will be worth it.

U 4got 2 tell that Henchman Cut away a great amount of XP and reduce your drops, so....3 henchman, aint the best choice ::::07::

Grtz,

Xardasteo

Our Guild & Forum

• Gats2k6Gats2k6 Member Posts: 190

" come from Asheron's Call and i wont find better PvP then that but thats beside the point" i want to kiss you lol but not :P i loved ac1 til macros ruined the game to extinction but this is gw not ac. Gw i have played it since the E3 for everyone and have been hooked on it since. everymonth i crave it i crave it right now as well tho i play ut2004,total annihilation, war3(got some good custom games >:) ), also been playing some console games when i have free time esp xenosaga ep2 but every time i play these i get really bored of them then the erotic fantasies.... uhh i mean awesome fantasy of guild wars come rushing in.

I would kill to be playing guild wars right now.  image

*stabs himself.* image

Opps, how was that supposed to work? image

• rock_harryrock_harry Member Posts: 183
    this game is a must have played the beta for 2 weekends and its brilliant be playing this with my m8 in a team so should be realy fun i wonder what the expansions will be like add new races i hope evil v good and a place where PvP and just kick the hell out of each other a free for all lol now that be funimage

yes, i must say the beat's were brilliant, u could realy see the improvement as the beta's furtherd ::::02::

::::11:: * BECOMMING GW ADDICT !!! * ::::11::

Grtz,

Xardasteo

Our Guild & Forum

I am suprised no one has come here and told this guy not to buy it. Maybe a lot of the gw haters have cleared out or changed their minds.

• AnofalyeAnofalye Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 7,433

I will try it.

With no monthly fees it appeal to some of my friends who swear they will never paid monthly subscriptions, playing with those friends is appealing in itself, add a new game, new stuff, new designs.

They sound like they will repeat a few mistakes, yet, they are not repeating quite a few mistakes and that may prove a huge edge.

- "If I understand you well, you are telling me until next time. " - Ren

• AnofalyeAnofalye Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 7,433

Originally posted by cyrdaan

I am suprised no one has come here and told this guy not to buy it. Maybe a lot of the gw haters have cleared out or changed their minds.

They are bored with their current game and fighting inside demons to not cancel their subscription for ego reasons.

- "If I understand you well, you are telling me until next time. " - Ren

Originally posted by Anofalye
    Originally posted by cyrdaan
    I am suprised no one has come here and told this guy not to buy it. Maybe a lot of the gw haters have cleared out or changed their minds.They are bored with their current game and fighting inside demons to not cancel their subscription for ego reasons.

perfect quote :p esp those eq2 or wow people who haven't tried GW but always knocking it like on the hype called GW a game like war3 now i know that personally is stupid but alot of people just knock off GW since they don't want to deal with the fact eq2( eq2 is way worse than wow ) and wow people come here all the time with 99.9% of them coming here not playing the beta give crap like this game sucks or it won't stay free, the content sucks... they are pulling that crap outta their Butt

Some-one Voted NO ::::30::

::::27::::::26:: KILL HIM !!!::::26::::::27::

(j/k)::::18::

Grtz,

Xardasteo

Grtz,

Xardasteo

Our Guild & Forum

• wilsza0077wilsza0077 Member Posts: 5

I was reading that it was not going to be open to the public for a couple more weeks, but it is on the store shelves. From all the information i see sofar it looks like i am going to like it. If i buy the game now will i have to wait to play it or is there stuff to do while it is not started yet? Or am i reading it wrong and it is open now

Thank you for your help,

Wilsza0077

if your preordered it you will recieve a perm beta key and a friends beta key to play the next two betas and there is a smll chance that they will do more limited beta key contests

• wilsza0077wilsza0077 Member Posts: 5
    so i should not buy it off the shelves in the store right now?
  • KaylonKaylon Member Posts: 13
    I would suggest buying the pre-order package, just to give you a chance to be albe to check out the game during the next 2 Beta Weekends.  and to answer a previous question, If you buy the pre-order, then you will not be able to do much more than set up your account before next beta begins in March.  But having the keys from that pre-roder package can make you a very popular person, as their will be a lot of people looking to get their hands on a friend pass for either of the next beta's as there are not supposed to be many, if any key contests for them. 
  • Jacko5Jacko5 Member Posts: 6

I also think that you should by the preorder package and test out the game to see how you like it. Although you will only getting 2 weekends of play out of it, it is well worth it. The price is quite low, under 10 dollars if remember correctly, the graphics are great, gameplay is easy to pick up (yet still quite challenging), and the community are a great help if you're just starting out.

If it somehow turns out that you are disappointed by the game(which I highly doubt), keep in mind that this is only a sneak peak at the massive online world that is Guildwars and many more features will be added by time of release on April 28th.

• r4nd0mh3r0r4nd0mh3r0 Member Posts: 7
    lol, all this good feed back i think im buying thanks guys image , it looks like a really good game if u ask me i just pre ordered it from www.ebgames.com Thnx PEACE OUT image oh and one more thing is there a friends list or buddy list were u can chat with friends .

CYA

-Nate