Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Yeah, uh huh, I'm disappointed ... now gimme

Comments

• HashmanHashman Member Posts: 649

21st March image

Destroyable walls image

Vampires image

Hellhounds image

Content for lvl 30-45 imageimage

imageimage

Amazing!

• Mr_ManMr_Man Member Posts: 77

Why is this on a French site and not on SOE's site?

Or maybe it is and I'm too lazy to look.  Just wondering how reliable this is (and yes, screenshots certainly make it look credible :))

• NaelosNaelos Member Posts: 2

Some of the members of SOE went to paris for a convention this past week. Though still we don't know how reliable this is until SOE posts it.

• ShrubberShrubber Member Posts: 219

Amazing!!!! One of the first mmorpg to charage money for small content packs that are no better than a normal update!!!!!!!!!!::::08::

• BarryManilowBarryManilow Member UncommonPosts: 701

Originally posted by Shrubber

Amazing!!!! One of the first mmorpg to charage money for small content packs that are no better than a normal update!!!!!!!!!!::::08::

It reminds to be seen if its equal to a standard update or if its worth the 5 bucks.  It better be worth 5 dollars or there will be mad players about ;)
  • RoinRoin Member RarePosts: 3,444

Originally posted by BarryManilow
    Amazing!!!! One of the first mmorpg to charage money for small content packs that are no better than a normal update!!!!!!!!!!It reminds to be seen if its equal to a standard update or if its worth the 5 bucks. It better be worth 5 dollars or there will be mad players about ;)

Prepare to see alot of mad players then. ::::28::

In War - Victory.
    In Peace - Vigilance.
    In Death - Sacrifice.

• JodokaiJodokai Member Posts: 1,621

Right because you've played it of course...And which MMO was it that actually put out this much content for free 4 months after realese? Hell name one that charged for something like this 4 months after release...and that's after they've already added 2 new zones for free already.

• wootedgewootedge Member Posts: 122

WoW has quite a bit of content have not charaged one cent more the price. City of heroes has also released a massive update(far far bigger than this one) including pvp among others for free. Youll find very few games 4 months after release charaging you for more crap. It is unacceptable to charage money for cheapy updates. It is something that should not be incouraged in the mmorpg market.

• WickesWickes Member UncommonPosts: 749
    Yup WOW is doing amazingly on adding content ... including the content that was supposed to be there when it was released ...... http://patchtimer.org/ 
  • ShrubberShrubber Member Posts: 219

at least they didnt have to pay for it......

• VegalordVegalord Member Posts: 40

Lol, you guys are such haters. The content of a patch, eh? I'm glad you've played it already...

The basic plan is to just keep adding adventure packs for raids and raid gear so that every expansion they make doesn't follow the same premise: kill, loot, kill, loot. If you hadn't listened to any of the interviews, they did mention that they were going to be attempting to do something completely different with the expansion packs, unlike they had done before, and that the adventure packs were just a way of getting people their content fix. Things like PvP, which is a large content boost, were added because they were SUPPOSED to be added AT LAUNCH. CoH is crap and an awful comparison and WoW is a much different, but very good, i will admit, game. Why do you spend your time trolling other forums because you hate SoE? WHY?! Go complain about the things that are wrong with your game, on your forums, and maybe you will actually achieve something.

koto

• AldrethAldreth Member UncommonPosts: 79

I would rather pay for content now, than be given no option, other than to wait till my hair turns grey to get a patch. Using WOW as a comparison is quite funny :P

Don't get excited about a tax cut. It's like a mugger giving you back fare for a taxi.

• JodokaiJodokai Member Posts: 1,621

Let's comapre prices shall we?

I play EQ2 for $7.25 you play WoW for $15. I also play SWG, Planetside, and EQ1 for $7.25 a piece. Since I play all those games I also get FREE adventure packs. Not only that, but every time the add an adventure pack people that don't want to play the other 3 games to get the discount (or can't because they live in Europe) get free content too.

Let's recap shall we?

So for $22 a month I get to play 4 MMO's (which makes them $7.25 a piece) and a large chuck of content added to EQ2 a short 4 months after release, and a short 2 months after they already add 2 new zones for everyone.

Instead of that you want me to pay $15 a month to watch the log in server crash once a day, when I finally can get online, I get booted and then have to wait in an hour line to get back in and the only patch I see: Imporved server stability.

Now you tell me which is the better investment.

Originally posted by Jodokai

Let's comapre prices shall we?

I play EQ2 for $7.25 you play WoW for $15. I also play SWG, Planetside, and EQ1 for $7.25 a piece. Since I play all those games I also get FREE adventure packs. Not only that, but every time the add an adventure pack people that don't want to play the other 3 games to get the discount (or can't because they live in Europe) get free content too.

Let's recap shall we?

So for $22 a month I get to play 4 MMO's (which makes them $7.25 a piece) and a large chuck of content added to EQ2 a short 4 months after release, and a short 2 months after they already add 2 new zones for everyone.

Instead of that you want me to pay $15 a month to watch the log in server crash once a day, when I finally can get online, I get booted and then have to wait in an hour line to get back in and the only patch I see: Imporved server stability.

Now you tell me which is the better investment.

But what about the people like me that have tried PS and SWG, but found both not to be fun. Add in the fact I played EQ for 2.5 years and watched the game slowly fall into a pissing contest with UO for who can have the most expansions (At least since SOE took over it) before quitting.

For people that don't care about or want the Station pass. SOE's EQ 2 is the more expensive of the two games. As alot of stuff has been added to WoW for free. New Areas, Items, Weapons, Armor, Spells, Instances, Dungeons, etc.

In War - Victory.
    In Peace - Vigilance.
    In Death - Sacrifice.

Some of us will happily pay our five measly bucks and enjoy our new content.  Some of us won't.  Life goes on.

Originally posted by Roin

As alot of stuff has been added to WoW for free. New Areas, Items, Weapons, Armor, Spells, Instances, Dungeons, etc.

That's precisely what isn't happening in WOW, hence http://patchtimer.org/

I don't know why some of you say these things ... destroys any credibility you might otherwise have.

[quote]Originally posted by Wickes
    [b]
    Some of us will happily pay our five measly bucks and enjoy our new content. Some of us won't. Life goes on.

As alot of stuff has been added to WoW for free. New Areas, Items, Weapons, Armor, Spells, Instances, Dungeons, etc.

That's precisely what isn't happening in WOW, hence [url=http://patchtimer.org/]
    I don't know why some of you say these things ... destroys any credibility you might otherwise have.[/b][/quote]

Why don't you tell us how you really feel about WoW, Wickes. I've noticed alot of EQ2 players posting that very same link. I fail to see the point of it. ::::07::

In War - Victory.
    In Peace - Vigilance.
    In Death - Sacrifice.

• NihilanthNihilanth Member Posts: 1,357

roin, eq2 patches every day. we get free zones, weapons, items, and shit too. we get patches almost daily and this adventure pack is the FIRST thing ive EVER had to pay for outside normal subscription. However, it adds several new zones, some new items, new featres, lore, and some pretty damn cool stuff. its also only $5. i really don't mind payinh $5 twice a year for this much content.

Schutzbar - Human Warrior - Windrunner Alliance - World of Warcraft
    Nihilanth - Kerra Paladin - Blackburrow - EverQuest II
    XBL Gamertag - Eagle15GT

Why don't you tell us how you really feel about WoW, Wickes.
    Why?  This is the EQ2 forum.  EQ2 is what interests me.  I don't post in the WOW forum. I do, however, refute the endless lies that followers of WOW bring to the EQ2 forum, for some reason.
     I've noticed alot of EQ2 players posting that very same link. I fail to see the point of it. ::::07::
    Then you're even more of an idiot than it first appeared image

• HyoukanHyoukan Member Posts: 307

Originally posted by Vegalord

Lol, you guys are such haters. The content of a patch, eh? I'm glad you've played it already...
    The basic plan is to just keep adding adventure packs for raids and raid gear so that every expansion they make doesn't follow the same premise: kill, loot, kill, loot.

Wow, I gotta say I'm impressed, you put that into perspective pretty damn well. That's pretty awesome.

Thank you for not quoting the whole paragraph, including the part where i made note of how in the interviews they had exclaimed that the expansions were going to be where the real innovation came.

koto

Originally posted by Vegalord

Thank you for not quoting the whole paragraph, including the part where i made note of how in the interviews they had exclaimed that the expansions were going to be where the real innovation came.

I was trying to compliment you. Sorry I didn't quote the whole paragragh if that's why you have the stick up your butt :P.

My bad, I thought it was sarcasm, lol. *pulls stick from butt and inserts foot in mouth*.

koto

Yeah lol, it's funny right before I posted that I thought "Maybe I should put <not sarcasm> at the end" no worries

Originally posted by Wickes
    Why don't you tell us how you really feel about WoW, Wickes.
    Why? This is the EQ2 forum. EQ2 is what interests me. I don't post in the WOW forum. I do, however, refute the endless lies that followers of WOW bring to the EQ2 forum, for some reason.
    I've noticed alot of EQ2 players posting that very same link. I fail to see the point of it.
    Then you're even more of an idiot than it first appeared image

Ouch never thought you would stoop down to name calling Wickes. You should learn to relax a little. I was just joking when I asked that. As for the site it doesn't list everything added or removed during a patch. You really should visit the main WoW site instead of visiting a site with inaccurate info. You'd get a much clearer set of patch notes. *shrug* To each his own I guess.

In War - Victory.
    In Peace - Vigilance.
    In Death - Sacrifice.

Ouch never thought you would stoop down to name calling Wickes. You should learn to relax a little. I was just joking when I asked that. As for the site it doesn't list everything added or removed during a patch. You really should visit the main WoW site instead of visiting a site with inaccurate info. You'd get a much clearer set of patch notes. *shrug* To each his own I guess.

Yes, I saw the smiley in your post ... hence the smiley at the end of my comment.  You didn't expect to be called Einstein for saying you don't understand how the law of gravity relates to things falling to the ground, did you  image     <=== note smiley

As far as WOW's patching, it's not really in dispute.  People on this board don't criticize WOW no matter what, but that's not the case elsewhere.  Anyway, who cares.  As I keep trying to point out, this is the EQ2 forum, and WOW is irrelevant.  Unfortunately, some people continue to insist on injecting it into the discussion. It's odd, I don't see EQ2 fans doing the converse.  /scratches head