Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Diablo

Will there be Diablo III ????????

Comments

• lotharrlotharr Member Posts: 981

Originally posted by Fess

Will there be Diablo III ????????

I hope not.

Diablo = Horrible game.

• KiamdeKiamde Member CommonPosts: 5,820

Agreed. I hate that game. It is too overrated.

"Whoever controls the media controls the mind..-'Jim Morrison"

"When decorum is repression, the only dignity free men have is to speak out." ~Abbie Hoffman

• ZepeeZepee Member Posts: 947

Lol!!!!!!!!

Well evry1 is free to say its opinion but D2 is the best game I ever played.... Surely one of the best games ever

And I think Blizzard is trying to get new personel to work on a new title.... I read this on Gamespot rummor central and they considered it quite plausible to happen. However Blizz didnt make any statement regarding it. Is it possible weell see D3 announced on this years E3???

I surely wish!!

Btw, lotharr, MXO is a terrible game... :P

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Played- Runescape, Conquer
    Tested- EQ, RYL, Freeworld

• lotharrlotharr Member Posts: 981

Originally posted by Zepee

Lol!!!!!!!!
    Well evry1 is free to say its opinion but D2 is the best game I ever played.... Surely one of the best games ever

And I think Blizzard is trying to get new personel to work on a new title.... I read this on Gamespot rummor central and they considered it quite plausible to happen. However Blizz didnt make any statement regarding it. Is it possible weell see D3 announced on this years E3???
    I surely wish!!

I see, I see...

/flame

/slap

I just think it is too deep for the Diablo players.

At the top MxO looks like a CoH.

But deeper, its a whole new expirience.

I know, you gonna say that I just say, because I like it.

But thats the truth, sorry for hurting with my /slap.

Actually I never played MXO and I only saw a few screens... It was just to piss u off :P

Oh and Diablo isnt just hype, a game with hype is a game many ppl think will be good, another thing is a game that ppl say it will be good, say it IS good, and say it was good when its time will be over... I dont think a game wich is "only hype..." can still have thousands of players after 4 years or so of beeing launched. Diablo survived many newer games, and i will keep surving every other, the only game capable of making ppl leave D2 is D3 ::::08::

Actually I never played MXO and I only saw a few screens... It was just to piss u off :POh and Diablo isnt just hype, a game with hype is a game many ppl think will be good, another thing is a game that ppl say it will be good, say it IS good, and say it was good when its time will be over... I dont think a game wich is "only hype..." can still have thousands of players after 4 years or so of beeing launched. Diablo survived many newer games, and i will keep surving every other, the only game capable of making ppl leave D2 is D3 ::::08::

Once you play an mmo, diablo II is just obselete. Not to mention the game is boring. Killing the same mob literally 7000 times for for one item is so repetitive.

"When decorum is repression, the only dignity free men have is to speak out." ~Abbie Hoffman

Well at this point I must look like a fan boy, but thats what I am :D

But Kiamde, tell what RPG (not mmorpg) of this genre isnt just "kill the same mob"? And besides, here u try to get the best items and such :P And D2 has a bit of crafting if u can call it that. The horadric cube is a first of kind, and its still inequable! And yea, in MMORPGS u have a lot more to do, but thats why theyre MMO... ::::28::

Well at this point I must look like a fan boy, but thats what I am :DBut Kiamde, tell what RPG (not mmorpg) of this genre isnt just "kill the same mob"? And besides, here u try to get the best items and such :P And D2 has a bit of crafting if u can call it that. The horadric cube is a first of kind, and its still inequable! And yea, in MMORPGS u have a lot more to do, but thats why theyre MMO... ::::28::

No mmo I have ever played involves the basic structure of Diablo's mob killing. There are probably only 35 mob models, they are just different colors. Basically, there is no way to avoid the fact that you do indeed, kill the same mobs over and over and over.

AHA! U want facts! :P

Well 1st of all, there are exactly 62 types of mobs in the D2 game (mobs of D2). 2nd, a MMORPG is a MMORPG, its massive o_O as Ive stated before..... Theres a certain gap between RPGs and MMORPGs, some ppl prefer MM... others prefer RPGs, some ppl cant afford the MM... price, so theres lot of condicionants in this debate. If u want to argue, argue like a man! Man to Man, RPG to RPG

::::24::

• jayheld90jayheld90 Member UncommonPosts: 1,726

i wouldnt mind seeing a diablo 3, but i am thinking starcraft 2 will be out before they make that (i heard sc2 has a 2006 release date, i sure hope so).

Imo SC2 wont be out in the near future. W3 was launcehd 2 or 3 years ago and releasing another rts atm when evry company is releasing rts games wouldn't be a smart move cuz they could get less players. Also, they r still developing SC: Ghost, which has nothing to do with SC but still is SC franchise.

Thats why I think there will be a SC2 any time near, but sure there will be one ::::02::

• ScarisScaris Member UncommonPosts: 5,332

Lol!!!!!!!!Well evry1 is free to say its opinion but D2 is the best game I ever played.... Surely one of the best games ever
    And I think Blizzard is trying to get new personel to work on a new title.... I read this on Gamespot rummor central and they considered it quite plausible to happen. However Blizz didnt make any statement regarding it. Is it possible weell see D3 announced on this years E3???I surely wish!!

I will have to say Diablo 1 was excellent for its time, Diablo II was Diablo I again.

- Scaris

"What happened to you, Star Wars Galaxies? You used to look like Leia. Not quite gold bikini Leia (more like bad-British-accent-and-cinnamon-bun-hair Leia), but still Leia nonetheless. Now you look like Chewbacca." - Computer Gaming World

• FaintFaint Member Posts: 82

Blizz doesn't own the rights to the game. The people that make dropped from Blizz a long time ago. Damn that's old news.

Edit : By the way Blizz couldn't give a flying shit about Diablo when they have quite possiably the biggest MMORPG out there right now. (Don't start a flame war people about it. They have tons of people playing it and they're the biggest.)

Do they want to develop a new game for script kiddies or make a game with value? Let's do the math.

---------------------------

A Paid to Search that pays!

AMD Athlon XP 3000+ 2.2Ghz
    512MB of Ram
    NVIDIA GeForce4 MX Integrated GPU 64mb
    Realtek AC'97 Audio
    WinXP Home

Games playing : None. Please PM if you know any good games.

• zethcarnzethcarn Member UncommonPosts: 1,558
    Meh,  Diablo was fun in it's time.  Personally I'm waiting for the next Morrowind...which will probably be ages.

Originally posted by zethcarn
    Meh, Diablo was fun in it's time. Personally I'm waiting for the next Morrowind...which will probably be ages.

actually, the projected release date for the elder scrolls 4: Oblivion , (morrowind as you call it) which is the sequel to morrowind, is may of 2005. so only a few more months.

• RavenStJRavenStJ Member Posts: 309

personally, I enjoyed [past tense] diablo and its series....

the next d3 could be called guild wars.. due to the fact that most of the people there were from blizzard are now in triforce.. forge something.

::::07::

Originally posted by Faint
    Blizz doesn't own the rights to the game. The people that make dropped from Blizz a long time ago. Damn that's old news.Edit : By the way Blizz couldn't give a flying shit about Diablo when they have quite possiably the biggest MMORPG out there right now. (Don't start a flame war people about it. They have tons of people playing it and they're the biggest.)Do they want to develop a new game for script kiddies or make a game with value? Let's do the math.

WOW, you are not very smart. just because the original programmers of starcraft and diablo series left blizzard, does not mean blizzard doesnt hold the full legal rights to them (which they still do). those programmers left and created thier own company called arenanet, which is producing guild wars. if you think they wont do anymore starcraft or diablo just because those guys left then you are dead wrong (since they are coming out with starcraft: ghost, and i have heard things about SC2). you should do a bit more research before you go and type some dumb stuff.

• AnofalyeAnofalye Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 7,433

Althought Jay is right...

The peoples at Arenanet could start a serious lawsuit against Blizzard to enforce a selling of Diablo rights at a fixed price, they would have tons of cases to ''prove'' Blizzard was harming their product and remove the ''good devs'' from the project with unjustified act that seem ''demented''...such a case would give headaches just thinking about it.  The devs at ArenaNet are the real developpers behind the Diablo product, as long as they can prove Blizzard firing them was ''unjustified and robbing them'', they would win.  As employes, they also have rights.  This is why SoE never fired Brad, they wait for him to leave to Microsoft on his own terms, which mean Brad have no more claim on EQ, he was not robbed of anything, and he get a ''better job'' he want himself.  Blizzard would need to prove those devs where ''incompetants'', which they will never be able to prove.  Blizzard is extremely harsh and jumping the guns against their personnal, I would rather work at Wall Mart then at Blizzard, at least Wall Mart employees have some rights!

I doubt that ArenaNet care enought for it, and should they, I have no idea if Blizzard would hold the hard road or find an outside agreement and actually sell them.  I believe that Arenaet are builders, so they will rather focus on Guild War and play nice then go the ''Marvel ways''.  If both sides would show more open mind and goodwills, they could reach an agreement where a side would work on Diablo 3,4 or more, while the other would work on Diablo III, IV  or more...the confusion could turn to be a huge asset for publicity.  But Blizzard and good faith?  I will believe it the day I see it!

- "If I understand you well, you are telling me until next time. " - Ren

• RavenStJRavenStJ Member Posts: 309

wrong again ano, the said product belongs to blizzard, irregardless of who made it. The programmers could attempt to dispute it and will possibly lose. This was demonstrated with microsoft and several employees proclaiming intellectual infringement on several software creations. the justice panel decided that since they were active employees at the time, they gave up all developmental ideas.

There are also several other companies that went through the same route and won.

The bottom line is that the people pursuant to the intellectual property have to declare vested interest in the said property before hand as theirs and anything created afterwords via proxy, will be issued dividends in the form of shares or royalties.

So, when creating, making or sharing a company read the fine print.

• Originally posted by Anofalye

Althought Jay is right...

This is why SoE never fired Brad, they wait for him to leave to Microsoft on his own terms, which mean Brad have no more claim on EQ, he was not robbed of anything, and he get a ''better job'' he want himself. 

I do not know about how much water your point, with Blizzard owning or not owning the rights to the Diablo franchise, holds.... but I can tell you for a fact you need to find anohter example. Brad McQuaid never ever never owned EQ. In fact, McQuaid was not the only major force behind EQ. He was ONE of the forces behind EQ. Quickie history of EQ:

1. Smeadly was a cog in the wheel at Sony. He approached the CEO with an idea for an online game called EQ. He got smacked upside the head, and told to take a long walk off a short pier.

2. Sony gets a new CEO, and Smeadly approaches him with his idea for EQ. By this time Ultima came out and was doing increadible. The success of Ultima convinced Sony CEO Hideki Ideia (sp!) to support EQ. To finance EQ. To put up 5 million dollars to make EQ. At this point in time Sony owned EQ. Smeadly is in buisness, along with his crew including McQuaid, and those other few major guys behind EQ whose names I cannot remember right now.

3. Sony gets nervous, because EQ cost 5 million to make. Up to this point in history and time, regular PC, console, and arcade, computer games cost roughly 100k to make. Very rarely 1 million to make. Sony pulls the plug on EQ, Smeadly and his crew - including McQuaid, get fired from Sony. Smeadly forms his own company called Varant. He and his crew finnish work on EQ, and release it. At this point in time Varant now owns EQ. Technically Smeadly owns EQ. But the case can be argued that Smeadly and McQuaid were partners. EQ gets released, and does better than Ultima.

4. Smeadly approaches Sony and says "Hey! I'm tired of having a successful American product continue to be owned by an American company! Show me the money!!". Sony showed him 30 million! Verant was sold back to Sony for 30 million dollars.  As part of the deal, Sony kept Smeadly, McQuaid, and the rest of the EQ team, gave them nice job titles, nice pay, etc... EQ goes on to be as successful as ever. Sony forms SOE, and makes back its initial 5 million seed money to start EQ, plus the 30 million it spent buying out Varant.

5. As of right now Sony owns SOE, and SOE owns the rights to EQ. McQuaid before he left SOE had absolutly no claim to the rights of EQ, since Sony purchased EQ for 30 million long before McQuaid later left to form his own company and his own game the mighty VANGUARD. image 

SOE never wanted to fire Brad McQuaid. And they never did. Brad McQuaid left on his own. He choose to leave. On the EQ forums, and fansite forums, he posted (paraphrasing him): that he felt the company was too big, and he wanted to go back to a more "grassroots" level. That he could do more by having more control. To have more control, one must own their own company. Some EQ game DEVs left with him, some did not. Smeadly stayed on with SOE and continued working with EQ.

Sony still owns SOE. SOE still owns the rights to EQ.

SOURCE: Buisness 2.0 Magazine. Article "The Sorcerer of Sony". With personal interviews with Smeadly, and other mmorpg game DEVs.

• JohnarkJohnark Member Posts: 901

With World of Warcraft... and the amount of money Blizzard is making with it... it would not surprise me if Diablo 3 became a MMORPG.

World of Diablo anyone? ::::40::

(OKay I don't care if I'm spoiling it for any of you, if you didn't already finish Diablo 2, SHAME ON YOU)

But at the end of the game, the world can't end. Everything was saved, the world is back to normal, so there has to be more to it! There has to be a Trilogy of this game.

___________ ___ __ _ _ _
    Stealth - Ambush - Hemorrhage - Sinister Strike x2 - Cold Blood - Eviscerate - Vanish - Preparation - Cold Blood - Ambush - ... you're dead! :P

• ScarisScaris Member UncommonPosts: 5,332

Originally posted by Johnark
    With World of Warcraft... and the amount of money Blizzard is making with it... it would not surprise me if Diablo 3 became a MMORPG.World of Diablo anyone? ::::40::(OKay I don't care if I'm spoiling it for any of you, if you didn't already finish Diablo 2, SHAME ON YOU)But at the end of the game, the world can't end. Everything was saved, the world is back to normal, so there has to be more to it! There has to be a Trilogy of this game.

Never finished it, I could stand to see what color of the rainbow was next for them friggin bat things, and the other what, 6, 10, whole models they had for mobs.

- Scaris

"What happened to you, Star Wars Galaxies? You used to look like Leia. Not quite gold bikini Leia (more like bad-British-accent-and-cinnamon-bun-hair Leia), but still Leia nonetheless. Now you look like Chewbacca." - Computer Gaming World