Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Closed Beta starts March 11th!!!

13»

Comments

• yayitsandyyayitsandy Member Posts: 363

I thought this was the Alpha test . ( is that any different from a cloased beta because it sounds it to me) .

• x3r0hx3r0h Member Posts: 186
    Originally posted by Shadus

Originally posted by x3r0hI would assume that the majority of the target audience, the young crowd that is, would generally want to put money on something they can play during their summer vacation.

You're looking at the wrong target audience. Most games aren't aimed at that target audience anymore they're aimed at 19-25 and 26-32. Demographically they're the largest purchasers of games. Most of the "young crowd" that would be off for "summer vacation" don't have enough money to purchase and pay for subs.

I'm talking about college students, not elementary or high school students. They  have the time and resources to play day in and day out during the summer, before they have to revert back to their normal school year and regular life. In my opinion, this is the target audience. And you mention that with the 19-25 age bracket. The 26-32 age bracket may or may not have this pseudo-unlimited time aforementioned. Unless the majority of them are living in their parent's basement and are still limited to only their father's checkbook.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
    "Your pride, good sir, far exceeds your worth." -x3r0h

Oldest mmorpg.com member with the least amount of post counts. That counts for something, right?

• Params7Params7 Member UncommonPosts: 212

I hope the beta ends soon and they release the game. FF14 for the upcoming Summer break would be a dream come true but it probably won't happen