Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Earth and Beyond

Does any one know if theres still an active message boards for the old Game Earth and Beyond? as i'm doing my best to try and bring it back image

Comments

• SarnathSarnath Member Posts: 74

Not seen anything like that... although I think they used to have one on this site. If you sweet talk the admins enough, they might bring it back. :)

Don't get your hopes up about bringing it back though. Last I heard, EA was made an offer on E&B and turned it down (that is just a rumor btw... haven't heard anyone reliable confirm that). In fact, EA got out of every single MMORPG project they were involved in.

• 0UTL4W0UTL4W Member Posts: 21

Except UO of course =P I've tried e-mailing EA to bring back E&B but all I got was crappy Auto-Responses and other such crap things like "Please fill out our Customer Helpline Report" I never did got a reason on why they close down E&B they say "Oh sorry we are not subjected to confirm such rumors" these are some of the reasons why I hate EA =P image

also I doubt i'll be able to bring the E&B Forums back here as I only just started talkin here =P

• KnightblastKnightblast Member UncommonPosts: 1,787

As an organization EA seems to have decided to pull back from online computer-based games, and focus on its console business (which includes online console games and computer ports of console games) where it has many lucrative franchises. It didn't make that much sense for EA from a profit perspective, given the meagre profits it got from its online offerings as compared with what it gets from, say, Madden very single year. The Sims Online is an exception to that, but my guess is that the only reason EA has kept that one alive for as long as they have (with fairly low number of subscribers) is the importance of the "Sims" brand to EA overall relating to the sales of the offline Sims and Sims 2 franchises.

Still they could've atleast give the Westwood company E&B back so they can bring it back online. or unless westwood was made by EA?image
  • Blitz_StormBlitz_Storm Member UncommonPosts: 47

The only active forum for EnB that I know of is EnBhaven
    There is some talk there of trying to make an emulator of EnB plus some EnB mods for freelancer.

Other than that the best EnB forum was EBportal but it's been offline for about 2 months and I don't know when or if it will be coming back.

Good luck.

• DesalusDesalus Member UncommonPosts: 848

Originally posted by 0UTL4W
    Still they could've atleast give the Westwood company E&B back so they can bring it back online. or unless westwood was made by EA?image

Westwood Studios was bought out by EA in 1998. Just a few years ago they merged Westwood Studios into EA, so today Westwood Studios is no more.

---------------------------------------------
    Killer 86%, Socializer 53%, Explorer 33%, Achiever 26%

thoose bastards!!!imageimage I heard about EB portal it looks likes they're still screwed with there servers =/

(From now on I shall never by an EA game EVER!image)