Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

FF XIV on 360?

SutureXSutureX Member Posts: 2

Please say no.  But have they made any written in stone announcements as to whether its pc / ps3 only or 360 as well?

Comments

• Joker661Joker661 Member Posts: 36

Yes its for PC, Xbox 360 and PS3

• SutureXSutureX Member Posts: 2

Are all 3 platforms integrated into the same worlds like with ffxi or will each system be separate or unknown as of yet?

• Joker661Joker661 Member Posts: 36

I pretty sure it will all be on the same server but the PS3 and 360 versions will come out later than the PC release

• MartinmasMartinmas Member UncommonPosts: 239

If what they said at E3 last year is still their stance they will release the PC and PS3 version this year and then they will look at other platforms to release it on.  PS3 and PC players will be able to play on the same servers so if/when a 360 version gets released it more than likely will also run on those same servers.

• EunuchmakerEunuchmaker Member UncommonPosts: 204

Wasn't Age of Conan coming out for the 360 as well?

• grndzrogrndzro Member UncommonPosts: 1,162

If you plan on playing it on 360 then just get the PS3. it will be better on PS3 than the 360.

• unbrokenunbroken Member Posts: 57
    Originally posted by Joker661

Yes its for PC, Xbox 360 and PS3

I've looked all over for any announcement that it will be on the 360, but I haven't seen anything.  In fact, the latest info I can find regarding this says that Microsoft was trying to negotiate a 360 realease, but they won't budge on their XBOX LIVE policies, so Square won't develop it for the 360.

Also, Square announced, at E3 2009, that there would be a simultaneous worldwide release on the PC and PS3.

• mrcalhoumrcalhou Member UncommonPosts: 1,444
    Originally posted by Joker661

I pretty sure it will all be on the same server but the PS3 and 360 versions will come out later than the PC release

No. PS3 and PC will release at the same time. 360 might come later.

OP, why do you care so much against a 360 release?

--------
    "Chemistry: 'We do stuff in lab that would be a felony in your garage.'"

The most awesomest after school special T-shirt:
    Front: UNO Chemistry Club
    Back: /\OH --> Bad Decisions

• RajenRajen Member Posts: 689
    Originally posted by SutureX

Please say no.  But have they made any written in stone announcements as to whether its pc / ps3 only or 360 as well?

It isn't coming to 360, if it was then FFXIII would of included a beta/item code like it did for PS3.

There are no plans for it coming to 360, just PC and PS3.  Don't expect it to come to the 360 at launch. Someone earlier gave you false information, I would suggestion going and checking out the official website www.finalfantasyxiv.com for information.

• SimsuSimsu Member UncommonPosts: 386

Meh...

There are plans for a 360 release but SE is having problems with Microsoft sucking horrible and being greedy to boot (Xbox Live intergradation is the hangup).

So the answer is "No its not currently coming to Xbox" with the caveat that "We'll bring it when Microsoft sucks less"

• grndzrogrndzro Member UncommonPosts: 1,162
    Originally posted by Simsu

Meh...
    There are plans for a 360 release but SE is having problems with Microsoft sucking horrible and being greedy to boot (Xbox Live intergradation is the hangup).
    So the answer is "No its not currently coming to Xbox" with the caveat that "We'll bring it when Microsoft sucks less"

That wasn't the initial hangup when MS approached SE to make it for the Xbox. The initial snafu was SE wasn't willing to recompile all the code so it will run on an Xbox. Because the game uses a tremendous amount of Single precision in multiple threads to utilize the Cell processor. While that is easily ported to PC due to Cuda, openCL, and ATIstream. no such utility exists on the xbox . And the simple fact the xbox simply wasn't powerfull enough for the level of graphics they had in Alpha.

SE wasn't willing to take the programming $$$ hit to remake everything just so it will run on it. MS finally Ante'ed in to get it done, knowing it would be a serious feather in Sony's cap if it wasn't on xbox. it being late will be bad enough.

• zanfirezanfire Member UncommonPosts: 969

the reason FF14 is being held back is because of the lack of  (i guess the simple word is "portal") to the game. FFXI was fine because it used POL to connect and update the game, where as FF14 has no "playonline" type feature. This in turn makes MS use its servers to connect directly to the game and host its updates in a sence. So of course MS wants people to have to pay for XBL gold, where as SE wants i to be free because its an MMO that already has a monthly fee. MS would basically have to do SE a favor (though a smaller one then to most other online games, where as they purely run off MS servers) to make it part of the free silver membership.

I honestly think one side will end up giving in soon, because i don't see them waiting past a year after release to put this game on X360.