Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Ring

EnigmaEnigma Member UncommonPosts: 11,384

I watched this movie for the first time tonight. I know, I know....I didn't get around to it for awhile

However, the ending puzzled the hell out of me.

Her son's father died but she didn't....her son was a lot like the girl who died in the well...

there was so many holes in this movie.

I loved the movie but they did not explain a lot of things. Like

1. While I understand the tape just "appeared out of nowhere", why the hell does it kill people? The little girl was pissed at her parents, not everyone else.

2. Who was responsible for the killing? Obviousily it was the girl...but the mom was more whacked than she was. Wasn't her fault she was murdered by her mom; why would she take it out on other people

3. Why was the little boy drawing pictures like the little girl did? Was there a connection? He was drawing those pictures long before he viewed the tape so the little girl didn't tell him to draw the first set of pictures.

4. Why was she spared and her "boyfriend" wasn't? Was it because she had the copy and he had the original? If making a copy saves your life, then it was she who was suppose to die and not the guy because the guy was the one who made the copy.

5. While I understand that she had her son make a copy to save his life, why the hell would she put it in a video store so a crap load of people would watch it?

6. There's more holes in this plot than there are stars in the sky...

People who have to create conspiracy and hate threads to further a cause lacks in intellectual comprehension of diversity.

Comments

• lotharrlotharr Member Posts: 981

You like freaky things, eh?

I just remeber that "Fraky Things" topic, or what was it.

• SerienSerien Member CommonPosts: 8,460

bah, all those questions are unanswered...

it was Hollywood's poor attempt at making more money

the ring 2 is coming out soon, This one should be very interesting.

• lotharrlotharr Member Posts: 981

Look Matrix.

You can spend your whole life by thinking the things in it.

Heres questions what you can start with:

Is the oracle exile program?

Is Neo dead?

Why Operator dont delete agents code?

Is Neos skills just a patch program?

Can you cheat Oracle?

Why Mr. Smith wants away of the Matrix if hes a program?

• zethcarnzethcarn Member UncommonPosts: 1,558

Originally posted by Serien

bah, all those questions are unanswered...
    it was Hollywood's poor attempt at making more money
    the ring 2 is coming out soon, This one should be very interesting.

As far as I know this movie is originally from China, not "Hollywood".
  • kel11kel11 Member Posts: 1,089
    I think they just did some of those things to just freak you out. I watched that movie and thought the same thing.  It was a good movie too but confusing.  I personally think it was just to freak people out cause its a horror movie you know?image

Change my mind so much I can't even trust it
    My mind change me so much I can't even trust myself

• KiamdeKiamde Member CommonPosts: 5,820

Originally posted by En1Gma
    I watched this movie for the first time tonight. I know, I know....I didn't get around to it for awhileHowever, the ending puzzled the hell out of me.Her son's father died but she didn't....her son was a lot like the girl who died in the well...there was so many holes in this movie.I loved the movie but they did not explain a lot of things. Like1. While I understand the tape just "appeared out of nowhere", why the hell does it kill people? The little girl was pissed at her parents, not everyone else.2. Who was responsible for the killing? Obviousily it was the girl...but the mom was more whacked than she was. Wasn't her fault she was murdered by her mom; why would she take it out on other people3. Why was the little boy drawing pictures like the little girl did? Was there a connection? He was drawing those pictures long before he viewed the tape so the little girl didn't tell him to draw the first set of pictures.4. Why was she spared and her "boyfriend" wasn't? Was it because she had the copy and he had the original? If making a copy saves your life, then it was she who was suppose to die and not the guy because the guy was the one who made the copy.5. While I understand that she had her son make a copy to save his life, why the hell would she put it in a video store so a crap load of people would watch it?6. There's more holes in this plot than there are stars in the sky...

1.She wanted to be heard :P

2.She was an angry **** and ANGRY ****.

3.She apparently likes the boy and the boy may be a reincarnation of the girl.

4....you are right. He was the one who pushed the button...what?...

5.The bonus ending? Well she was sorry for the girl since she thought the girl just wanted to be heard.

6.Yep, onto the matrix.

"Whoever controls the media controls the mind..-'Jim Morrison"

"When decorum is repression, the only dignity free men have is to speak out." ~Abbie Hoffman

• KiamdeKiamde Member CommonPosts: 5,820

Originally posted by lotharr
    Look Matrix.
    You can spend your whole life by thinking the things in it.
    Heres questions what you can start with:
    Is the oracle exile program?
    Is Neo dead?
    Why Operator dont delete agents code?
    Is Neos skills just a patch program?
    Can you cheat Oracle?
    Why Mr. Smith wants away of the Matrix if hes a program?

The Oracle is the higher power and you cannot delete a program as important as her. She is the "mother" of the matrix. She is not an exile program, she is just an early model. :P

YES DAMMIT, YES. My guess is that his "spirit" remains in the matrix limbo..

Probably because there are too many other them.

His ability to control the supposed "real world" suggests either that he is supernatural or that he is in fact controlling another program. It could be the real world, and these machines could just be the figments of the imagination.

The oracle is somewhat of a codebreaker. It is probably good that you don't cheat her.::::39::

He knows it has changed. He wants the matrix to be gone so it can be rebuilt back to its former self.

"Whoever controls the media controls the mind..-'Jim Morrison"

"When decorum is repression, the only dignity free men have is to speak out." ~Abbie Hoffman