Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Starvalt Stock since March release announced

TJ_420TJ_420 Member Posts: 224

http://www.aktietorget.se/QuotesInstrument.aspx?InstrumentID=SE0002149369&Language=2&Graph=6

Looks like they announced the "March release" around the 14th or 15th - Look at the stock take a nosedive since that time.

Before that it has been steadily up an down (seems to have peaked in 08) but since the 15th its been a huge downward trend.

I suggest even the investors realize the game isnt close to ready and are selling off to cut their losses.

Comments

• JakdstripperJakdstripper Member RarePosts: 2,410

we now have a professionaly made chart showing how much MO still sucks....news at 11.

• TJ_420TJ_420 Member Posts: 224
    Originally posted by Jakdstripper

we now have a professionaly made chart showing how much MO still sucks....news at 11.

Roflmao  =P

Actually this could be a blessing for the game in disguise... If the devs realize a percieved March release has already caused a stock drop- Perhaps its not too late to get back to "its done when its done" and maybe put in some overtime and weekend hours (I know, that evil Swedish law, lol) and fix their shit.

This is (after all) crunch time and it seems the investors are not real happy.

• rlmccoy1987rlmccoy1987 Member Posts: 1,722

[Mod edit]

Henrik, Henrik's father, Mats Person and a few others trading stock

Today

1 week

1 month

3 months

1 year

3 years

Originally posted by rlmccoy1987

Pretty bad    I mean... 

they will tell the investors to "Stop QQing and invest in WOW" lol - OR- "Quit your whining. We only want HARDCORE investors"

• madnagashmadnagash Member Posts: 33

I was appaled when I heard they wanna release in March. I would love the game to succeed and a quick launch will make it a fail.

HOWEVER, you guys really need to learn reading such charts - on the stock exchange such fluctuations are normal - just look at the braader picture. You have the option to see a longer history than just one week, you know:P Showing data out of context just means you want the game to fail for some personal reasons.

If after a week the curve will be still going down however... well then SV needs to start worrying:P

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    Originally posted by TJ_420

Pretty bad    I mean... 

they will tell the investors to "Stop QQing and invest in WOW" lol - OR- "Quit your whining. We only want HARDCORE investors"

I guess the investors simply got killed as well. They weren't hardcore enough!!

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• rlmccoy1987rlmccoy1987 Member Posts: 1,722
    Originally posted by Malickie

Pretty bad    I mean... 

Simply this:

(11:23:19) HenrikNystrom: Like I said in the thread, all noobs leaves after they died and quits the game...

• viddsterviddster Member UncommonPosts: 220

Not defending the MO mess, but I also do not see this huge nosedive, all I see is a drop of 0.2 in share price since release was announced. I think it is too early to see a huge downfall anyway.

I imagine after release and low sales, then you will see a huge dowturn in share prices.

Originally posted by madnagash

I was appaled when I heard they wanna release in March. I would love the game to succeed and a quick launch will make it a fail.
    HOWEVER, you guys really need to learn reading such charts - on the stock exchange such fluctuations are normal - just look at the braader picture. You have the option to see a longer history than just one week, you know:P Showing data out of context just means you want the game to fail for some personal reasons.
    If after a week the curve will be still going down however... well then SV needs to start worrying:P

Actually I know how to read charts and even mentioned the peak during 08 - I am merely making a coorelation between the announced March release and the stocks continued dropping since- Coupled with the fact that the overall market isnt having a 3% drop per day...EDIT:WEEK

No. I think they need to start worrying NOW. Had this happened just from normal market fluctuation IS a possibility- BUT considering the huge drop off since the "announcement" and the firestorm on their official forum- I see the two being linked as a very big possibility.

IF I were an investor, I too would have sold with that announcment and taken a loss rather than lose it all (and I do some day trading- as a hobby more than anything else)

I am curious what the CEO makes in salary and stock options- Couldnt easily find that info (granted I didnt look very hard)

• broemanbroeman Member UncommonPosts: 25
    Originally posted by viddster

Not defending the MO mess, but I also do not see this huge nosedive, all I see is a drop of 0.2 in share price since release was announced. I think it is too early to see a huge downfall anyway.

I imagine after release and low sales, then you will see a huge dowturn in share prices.

Yup, it is always easy to manipulate with graphs, here is one with the furtherst overview:

www.aktietorget.se/QuotesInstrument.aspx

Stocks represents that, if the long term investors believe the project will eventually pay off. But when you look short term, there is always day traders, trying to make a buck.

As I see it, it still can go either way: either they fix the desync with help from Epic (China) and implement the rest of their promises before launch, or they will fail very much (not hoping this, though). On another side, would this not also be bad publicity for Epic's MMO engine? Maybe they have an invested interest, at least in the desync issue.

• NeoptolemusNeoptolemus Member Posts: 242

Originally posted by Malickie

Pretty bad    I mean... 

Simply this:

(11:23:19) HenrikNystrom: Like I said in the thread, all noobs leaves after they died and quits the game...

I'm assuming that's from their IRC channel, if that's really what he said then it just blows my mind. Imagine if Bill Gates had seen the mess he made with Windows ME and said "all the noobs leave when their PC crashes" and tried to make out like it was a good thing that everyone except technical experts with the patience to work around crashes were leaving in droves. We'd all be on Linux and OSX by now as standard.

Does SV not realise they need as many customers as possible to be successful and be able to build upon what they've started, or are they happy spending 5 years developing a mediocre game that only a handful of people will remember or care about in 12 months' time?

It's hardly a surprise if their stock crashes sometime in the next few months, who in their right mind would invest in a company that just attributes their low customer retention to QQing noobs in such a childish way rather than investigating ways to improve it?

• TorgrimTorgrim Member CommonPosts: 2,088
    Originally posted by danJ188

There hasnt been a decent sandbox this entire generation of games..what makes you think some basement built game will turn the tables?

Becuse it has happend before.

Besides in todays MMO market it dosent mean anything if you are a indy developer like SV or a well known one Like Funcom or Mythic to produce a crap game.

Atleast Indi developer tries to break a trend while bigshot MMO producer throw out crap products one after another.

If it's not broken, you are not innovating.

• GdemamiGdemami Member EpicPosts: 12,342

Originally posted by Torgrim

Atleast Indi developer tries to break a trend while bigshot MMO producer throw out crap products one after another.

The fact that it is indi developer does not make the game great nor does your opinion make the game crap.

• NeoptolemusNeoptolemus Member Posts: 242

I'd argue that companies like starvault are not doing the indie dev scene any good at all. I'm not saying that SV are harming the indie development scene exactly, but by overshooting themselves and trying to play with big boys without proper financial backing or prior experience they only serve to highlight the gulf that currently exists when it goes down in flames.

Originally posted by Gdemami

The fact that it is indi developer does not make the game great nor does your opinion make the game crap.

I sead TRY learn to read before posting .

• TraxexTraxex Member Posts: 31

after seeing these i would probably laugh my ass off if i would see darkfalls stocks before release xD it doesnt look that unusual, i think u guys lack some knowledge in stocks

1) 'Breaking the trend' does not add any value and it is irrelevant wheter the game is developed by indi company or market leader.

2) Wheter you consider something crap is most likely your affiliation to the game and does not count as truth.

Did I misunderstood something?

2) Wheter you consider something crap is most likely your affiliation to the game and does not count as truth.

When i sead crap i mean active accounts.

When i sead crap i mean active accounts.

That is again only your opinion.

Truth is, once the game can pay all the bills and make some profit, it is not crap - it is a success.

• qazqaz123qazqaz123 Member Posts: 123
    Originally posted by Neoptolemus

I'd argue that companies like starvault are not doing the indie dev scene any good at all. I'm not saying that SV are harming the indie development scene exactly, but by overshooting themselves and trying to play with big boys without proper financial backing or prior experience they only serve to highlight the gulf that currently exists when it goes down in flames.

wait playing with what bigboys?

Eve-online and WOW isnt the boys they playing with at all.

And for financial backing, its hard to find a company that would do that, publishers like Sony, Codemasters, EA etc. is all nutroious for destryoing mmos by pushing release even more! and wanting changes to make it more (sry for word abuse here) Wow-alike,

Its supposed to be a niche game, and i agree, they could use more time and financial backing, the problem is the mordern world dont allow for that kind, as the ppl with the money thinks, fast release is better than decent release! 

• osmundaosmunda Member Posts: 1,087
    Originally posted by danJ188

I do so love these threads. Watching the fanboys defend this game to the death it seems.

There hasnt been a decent sandbox this entire generation of games..what makes you think some basement built game will turn the tables?

What makes people think that a bunch of grungy punk kids recording music in their garage would affect real commercially viable music?

Originally posted by osmunda

What makes people think that a bunch of grungy punk kids recording music in their garage would affect real commercially viable music?

Because The Beatles never happened.

• osmundaosmunda Member Posts: 1,087

1) 'Breaking the trend' does not add any value and it is irrelevant wheter the game is developed by indi company or market leader.

"Atleast Indi developer tries to break a trend while bigshot MMO producer throw out crap products one after another. "

I get the feeling that the two of you are talking past each other. Torgrim is saying that indie developers try to break the trend whereas the big production houses are looking for a new way to retread formulas that have proven success.  Going against the trend does not add value but it may appeal to a neglected portion of the market that has a very different sensibility.  Grunge music and punk music  are good examples of this.  Neither achieved the level of commercial success of pop music, but they did change the music scene.

• KroxMalonKroxMalon Member UncommonPosts: 608

Omg, how low will some people go to try there hardest to run a game down? I mean come on, stocks and shares charts, lol.

Dude if you dont like the game or have faith in it. Leave it well alone.

Here it comes, blah blah bla, fan boi this fan boi that. Yes I do like the game and hope SV keep working as hard as they are to fix the issues.

Originally posted by osmunda

"Atleast Indi developer tries to break a trend while bigshot MMO producer throw out crap products one after another. "

I get the feeling that the two of you are talking past each other. Torgrim is saying that indie developers try to break the trend whereas the big production houses are looking for a new way to retread formulas that have proven success.  Going against the trend does not add value but it may appeal to a neglected portion of the market that has a very different sensibility.  Grunge music and punk music  are good examples of this.  Neither achieved the level of commercial success of pop music, but they did change the music scene.

Yep this is what i mean, thanks for clearing that up :)