Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Buying the expansion.

LexiteLexite Member UncommonPosts: 165

Hey guys im currently playing lotro with 2 of my friends, i am currently level 40 and looking forward to play in the moria. That said, with my work schedule and my unstable school classes, i have no idea if i could continu playing at anytime. One day i may woke up and not be able to play for the nesxt months. 

I was wondering, if i buy the moria expansion for 10 bucks, THENdecide to buy siege of mirkwoods, will i have to pay for the complete package w/ siege of mirkwood with moria?

Right now on the website only thing i can see is buy moria, or buy MORIA AND MIRKWOOD.

is there a way to pay 20 bucks for mirkwood only if i have the moria expansion already?

I7 920 @ 2.7ghz (8 cpu total)
12 gig DDR3 ram
Nvidia Geforce 560 GTX TI
window 7 64bit

Comments

• gavvinggavving Member Posts: 51

Here's a snippet of info taken from the Turbine FAQ.  You're only seeing the Moria only, and the Moria+Mirkwood because you're not eligible for the Mirkwood only upgrade.  If you bought Moria only, then you'd be able to buy the Mirkwood only upgrade and it would likely show up as an available option.

Also depending on which upgrade you get, you may get 30 days free play.  Price wise it's the same to buy the combo upgrade as it is to buy them seperately.  But if you buy them combo'ed together you're supposed to get 30 days free.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Basically there are a few different upgrade options.

1. There are the box upgrades, which always include 30 free days.

2. There is a digital Moria upgrade, which can be used to upgrade from an Angmar or Moria trial, or from an Angmar account. It includes Angmar and Moria access. This costs $9.99 and does not include any play time.

3. There is a Mirkwood upgrade for $29.99. This includes Angmar, Moria and Mirkwood, as well as 30 free days. It can be used to upgrade from any trial, or from an Angmar account.

4. There is a Mirkwood upgrade for $19.99. It only includes Mirkwood, and can only be used to upgrade a Moria account. It does not include any time.

trial-->Moria(digital) = no 30 days

trial-->Moria(retail boxed copy) = 30 days included

trial-->Mirkwood = 30 days included

SoA-->Moria(digital) = no 30 days

SoA-->Moria(retail) = 30 days included

SoA-->Mirkwood = 30 days included

MoM-->Mirkwood = no 30 days

• LexiteLexite Member UncommonPosts: 165
    Originally posted by gavving

Here's a snippet of info taken from the Turbine FAQ.  You're only seeing the Moria only, and the Moria+Mirkwood because you're not eligible for the Mirkwood only upgrade.  If you bought Moria only, then you'd be able to buy the Mirkwood only upgrade and it would likely show up as an available option.
    Also depending on which upgrade you get, you may get 30 days free play.  Price wise it's the same to buy the combo upgrade as it is to buy them seperately.  But if you buy them combo'ed together you're supposed to get 30 days free.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Basically there are a few different upgrade options.

1. There are the box upgrades, which always include 30 free days.

2. There is a digital Moria upgrade, which can be used to upgrade from an Angmar or Moria trial, or from an Angmar account. It includes Angmar and Moria access. This costs $9.99 and does not include any play time.

3. There is a Mirkwood upgrade for $29.99. This includes Angmar, Moria and Mirkwood, as well as 30 free days. It can be used to upgrade from any trial, or from an Angmar account.

4. There is a Mirkwood upgrade for $19.99. It only includes Mirkwood, and can only be used to upgrade a Moria account. It does not include any time.

trial-->Moria(digital) = no 30 days
    trial-->Moria(retail boxed copy) = 30 days included
    trial-->Mirkwood = 30 days included

SoA-->Moria(digital) = no 30 days
    SoA-->Moria(retail) = 30 days included
    SoA-->Mirkwood = 30 days included

MoM-->Mirkwood = no 30 days

thanks alot for the infos

I7 920 @ 2.7ghz (8 cpu total)
    12 gig DDR3 ram
    Nvidia Geforce 560 GTX TI
    window 7 64bit