Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Underrated underhyped game.. imo

will75will75 Member UncommonPosts: 365

As someone who doesn't play cashshop games, i gotta say the pvp in this game offers FFA if you want it, or faction pvp with relics that actually mean something, i think it's really going to surprise people unless they mess it up with the cash shop. If you havent downloaded this yet. it's 450 megs. get it now, and give it a try tuesday afternoon, it's worth a shot :)

Especially if you're a hardcore oldschool pvp'er

Comments

• Superman0XSuperman0X Member RarePosts: 2,292

Last time I checked, several of the PvP options were not yet available (castle siege, country warfare etc). Sure, all the articles tell you about them, but when you go to do them in game, they have not been added yet. Are they going to be added for OB?

• will75will75 Member UncommonPosts: 365

everything but mounts, auction house and cash shop were up in CB2. those will be up in OB (no idea when CS will go up though)

• drbaltazardrbaltazar Member UncommonPosts: 7,856

if they keep to the basic idea they ve had (1000 vs 1000 player)

this will be one on the very very short list of real mmo(since most game are just mo)

i bet lot of player cant wait to start playing this!

• fldashfldash Member UncommonPosts: 227

I'm so absolutely sick of single targeting and this art style.... I tried it, but couldn't get past those two things which bugged me constantly.

Former xFire user... I only wanted a game tracker and messenger, not a screenshot taker, video recording, broadcasting piece of bloatware.

• kingtofukingtofu Member UncommonPosts: 98

I'm really keen to try this game however the downloader program from the official site doesnt run at all on my windows 7 PC, does anyone have a work around? or a link to the full "English" client download??

it installed fine on my windows 7 64 bit .  just always right click and run everything as administrator

• farfanugonfarfanugon Member Posts: 419

ive had alot of download problems with the windows 7 i installed fire fox and open it for my downloads and case closed no more problems

wanna see the cash shop items today ? load your translator and google the  Korean Aika site  its the basic hadge-padge  dress up items ,nice shiny stuff , gear thats not really any better than that you can find or craft , heal and sp pots , the biggie Upgrade boosters "the only item ill spend money on " , and yes the exp boosters . and  the exp boosters for the good nation "the pvp powers" will be use less cuz we are gunna keep ALL the xp boost relics .

• kingtofukingtofu Member UncommonPosts: 98

i use Firefox and i did run it as an administrator, however it still wont launch, redownloaded it several times, same prob, wont start. maybe its cause im running win7 64bit?

Does anyone have a link to the full client download instead of the lame downloader which wont work for me?

ya always run has administrator when you use explorer 8 to go download something since adm is req for almost everything you download so nobody can sneak a fast one on you

so i stay regular and go adm only when i plan to download specific stuff like game!

• DubhlaithDubhlaith Member Posts: 1,012

I do not appreciate the idea of gender based classes. I thought we had moved past that mentality. Otherwise, the game seems like it might be okay.

"Gamers will no longer buy the argument that every MMO requires a subscription fee to offset server and bandwidth costs. It's not true — you know it, and they know it." —Jeff Strain, co-founder of ArenaNet, 2007

WTF? No subscription fee?

1000 vs 1000 warfare!YES!THIS IS A MASSIVE MULTIPLAYER ONLINE GAME!enjoy its one of the very limited few that will be a mmo in the gamer sense since most other release this year will be just regular multiplayer online game!

• unimatrix8unimatrix8 Member Posts: 107

I agree with Dub, gender base classes are not really needed in MMOs. I feel one should be able to play all classes not matter the gender. That's really the only turn off i can see with the game for me so far. Other than that it looks to be a great game, lets just hope they dont screw it up with a last minute patch, that changes alot of things for the worst (aka Allods FoD)or screw up the CS

The reasoning behind the low customization and gender specific classes is allowing the engine to appeal to people with lower machines and also handle lag better. Thus 1000 vs 1000. You know with the shit we are presented with the last few years. I am going in open minded, and i was one of the retards who grinded to aion cap. and then said now what? and quit,  Even if this sucks, it cost nothing but time. But, i'm actually quite interested in seeing how it turns out, it could be fun, There sure is nothing else to play.

Mortal online = ripoff trash

Darkfall = crappy ui, etc.. etc.. and gameplay.

At least here, it kinda goes back to old daoc.. Forced grouping... forced grouping is what made mmo's . Clerics=speed class and group speed class. Of course every group needs a cleric, but even if there was an alternative who would make a pvp group without speed? 

I think it's worth a shot

• ZixoZixo Member Posts: 15

I m not a real fantasy fun but what catch me in RPG fantasy games were the big battles ! I cannot wait just one question can I play this one from Europe ???

For some reason they are banning people from brazil. But europe is ok

• farfanugonfarfanugon Member Posts: 419

even warriors have party buffs i found that to be great when in a full clean balanced party everyone is 2X as strong as normal as soon as the buffs from each class are passed out

and id much rather play a female healer than have mega lag  in the sexy 1000 vs 1000 PVP matched . but honestly not everyone looks for the same thing in games . no one game will make every gamer in the world happy , if it did all other games would have to close down .

so if you were hunting for a game found Aika a figure its NOT for you i have this to say ......HA  HA HA YOU STILL HAVE NO GAME TO PLAY HA HA HA HA HAHA

thank you and have a nice day

im leaning towards warrior myself. i prefer group vs group anyway

• JacobinJacobin Member RarePosts: 1,009

How bad is the attack of the clones? Is there any decent variation in the classes, or does everyone look exactly the same?

Any word on cash shop? Can I pay2win and spend 1000 bucks to buy a nuke?

• HarabeckHarabeck Member Posts: 616
    Originally posted by Nihilist

How bad is the attack of the clones? Is there any decent variation in the classes, or does everyone look exactly the same?

Everyone is pretty much the same. The cash shop allows you to get awesome item upgrades among other things. This game is just as much hype as it deserves, it is by no means underrated or underhyped. Its grind is long and boring, the graphics are only so-so, the gameplay is average, and the PvP doesn't quite make up for it.

• IdesofMarchIdesofMarch Member Posts: 1,164

Variation visually isn't there, but the crafting brings a bit of variety to set yourself apart from the pack.

The cash shop won't have anything OP if gPotato stick to what's in the other versions.

• PlutonicwoesPlutonicwoes Member UncommonPosts: 343
    Originally posted by IdesofMarch

Variation visually isn't there, but the crafting brings a bit of variety to set yourself apart from the pack.

The cash shop won't have anything OP if gPotato stick to what's in the other versions.

After the Allods crap, I honestly don't see why anyone is giving gpotato a second look these days.  

I have no beef with f2p games, but gpotato has shown to be one of the worse in terms of "pay 2 win" ripoff games.

Originally posted by Plutonicwoes

Originally posted by IdesofMarch

After the Allods crap, I honestly don't see why anyone is giving gpotato a second look these days.  

I have no beef with f2p games, but gpotato has shown to be one of the worse in terms of "pay 2 win" ripoff games.

I thought the issue with Allods were the prices, not the content, which I am talking about.

gPotato could make big changes to the cash shop, but I don't see what they could add to make someone OP in a mass PvP game where you can get taken down in a matter of seconds.

• rushwindrushwind Member Posts: 6
    Originally posted by Harabeck
    Everyone is pretty much the same. The cash shop allows you to get awesome item upgrades among other things. This game is just as much hype as it deserves, it is by no means underrated or underhyped. Its grind is long and boring, the graphics are only so-so, the gameplay is average, and the PvP doesn't quite make up for it.

Grind? Quests are how you lvl in the game. Did you actually play it or just making declarative statements about the game without real firsthand knowledge of it?

• SlyLoKSlyLoK Member RarePosts: 2,698

This game aint that bad for a f2p.. There are some things that need to be improved though.. The chat system needs to be redone - the WASD movements need to be better and less ice skaty - combat animations could be smoothed out a bit - combat abilities need to fire faster..ect.

I was also under the impression that when playing on the PvE server you couldnt be attacked if you did not click the PvP button. I was either wrong or some have found a way to bypass that ( saw a couple people attacking afkers at the Zan Temple ).

Allods has the quality but the cash shop is just way overpriced and pretty much forcing people to buy those " get out of jail " potions is just pure greed.

Originally posted by SlyLoK

I was also under the impression that when playing on the PvE server you couldnt be attacked if you did not click the PvP button. I was either wrong or some have found a way to bypass that ( saw a couple people attacking afkers at the Zan Temple ).

You can still PK your own nation in the PvE channel (which I agree is inappropriately named), but the penalty is extremely steep so people who go on a killing spree will get to enjoy up to 24 hours of in-game time doing next to nothing. The differences between channels is the RvR aspect and being able to travel to the other nations, as well as a minor difference or two, such as mobs having 5% less HP in PvP, but I believe also have a 5% increase in attack or defense. I think the drop rate might be a hair different as well, but don't take my word for it.