Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Clouds!!

image FFXI has the best clouds ( this is such a random thread) of all mmorpgs, except DnL but its not out yet. Even EQ2 with its crazy good graphics has crappy clouds. In some games they don't even move. It's really quite immersive to have good clouds lol.

----------------Signature------------------
Can someone please make me a sig. I would like it to have something to do with an eagle(the bird) Somewhere near the eagle can you put the words "Global Defense Initiative". Could you also have the line "If you can't buff up, don't step up!". Thanks!

Private Message me about it!

Comments

• ianubisiianubisi Member Posts: 4,201

Funny how I rarely notice...

• RiotgirlRiotgirl Member UncommonPosts: 520

Reminds me of that awful Rah Band track, "Clouds across the moon". I don't remember clouds in EQ, but I am looking forward to the weather simulation in DnL as I would love for my monitor to momentarily darken due to a cloud obscuring the sun.

That said, I don't think I'll be laying on my back with a piece of grass in my mouth, hands behind head looking at the clouds going past! :P

I would like to see the fog of war (quite literally) effect used in games more.

Regards,
    Riotgirl

"If you think I'm plucky and scrappy and all I need is love, you're in way over your head. I don't have a heart of gold or get nice. There are a lot nicer people coming up. We call them losers."

• minkis18minkis18 Member Posts: 24

Originally posted by Riotgirl

I would like to see the fog of war (quite literally) effect used in games more.
    Regards,
    Riotgirl

me too!  i think that is the greatest thing in RTs's and could be just as great in an RPG.  Diablo uses it to an extent but it barely get to the last "t" in extent
  • XzaroXzaro Member UncommonPosts: 1,719

Originally posted by Riotgirl
    I don't remember clouds in EQ, but I am looking forward to the weather simulation in DnL as I would love for my monitor to momentarily darken due to a cloud obscuring the sun.l

That will happen ::::02::

• doobsterdoobster Member Posts: 736
    Toontown has the best clouds. Period.
  • madjakemadjake Member UncommonPosts: 233

My vote goes to Wish's clouds, they were damn nice.

• SarnathSarnath Member Posts: 74

Hmm... never played FFIX myself. Cool graphics are always nice. Yeah, EQ1 (and 2 for that matter) has clouds, just that most folk have to turn their graphics way down to the point where they can't really see the clouds, just so that they can raid.

Maybe its just me, but of all the things you can look at... seems like trees are what never really looks right. The tops of most look like two pieces of cardboard meshed together. Bushed are rarely better. Walls usually look good. Water has vastly improved in most games (thankfully).