Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New Sword Mercenary: Valkyrie Morrighan

CelebiCelebi Member Posts: 53

This new melee mercenary is inspired the by the legendary Valkyries

Valkyries use to be represented as flying fighters, wearing a spear (or sometimes a sword) and a shield.

The Atlantica graphic designers drew her as a beautiful flying female warrior (even though technically, she isn't a "flying" mercenary like the witch), geared with a sword and a shield.

Players were expecting a new tank, a kind of improved Lady Knight.

The truth is subtly differing: her tanking ability are clearly present, but not "so" superior. However, her offensive power is much more higher, similar to the Pirate (a bit inferior).

Her stats are clearly impressive:

• Best raw strength with the Druid (but Spartan's spears & Pirate's swords add more Str than her shield)

• Best melee dexterity, useful for criticals

• Best vitality after the Druid. But with best sword + shield she can catch him up.

• Best melee magic defense, even better than the exorcist (who is particular, as a "magic" melee) with a good shield.

• Best Action Power (average: 86), but just 1 more than the Pirate and the Lady Knight (average: 85)

• Her critical rate is among the bests too

Like the Empress Himiko who is the perfect/flawless archer, Valkyrie looks like the new perfect/flawless single-target melee, mixing tanking & offensive abilities.

For more info check out this link:

www.atlantica-db.com/forum/upcoming-content-f6/new-sword-mercenary-valkyrie-morrighan-t213.html

Comments

• ChuckanarChuckanar Member UncommonPosts: 210

What lvl can we quest for this merc?

• CelebiCelebi Member Posts: 53

Well in their preview you can recruit her at level 95... but still there would be some changes if the release comes for sure..

• ChuckanarChuckanar Member UncommonPosts: 210

Awesome my main is only 98 so would be nice for the added melee merc.

Yeah.. but this merc is kinda weird because she's a flying tank... ahahah how can we tank her if she's flying? well although her Def and MDef was the highest compare to lady knight and Druid still she's flying..  >.<

• trancejeremytrancejeremy Member UncommonPosts: 1,222

Unfortunately, like the Druid, she will be beyond the reach of all but the richest players...

At least with the B-class mercs, you had a (small) chance of earning them doing reasonable things (the guild/nation dungeons). 

R.I.P. City of Heroes and my 17 characters there

Originally posted by trancejeremy

Unfortunately, like the Druid, she will be beyond the reach of all but the richest players...
    At least with the B-class mercs, you had a (small) chance of earning them doing reasonable things (the guild/nation dungeons). 

Yeah.. and almost all has been disappointed because we can't tank her in the front line.

• l0wrydal0wryda Member Posts: 47

Originally posted by trancejeremy

The latest i've heard was that she would be B class.

• MizakoMizako Member Posts: 31

B, A grade mercs require lvl 100. I don't know why must they make an exception for valk.