Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

nexon might be on to something here?

drbaltazardrbaltazar Member UncommonPosts: 7,856

http://initiative.nexon.net/

i was surprised this is a great idea for rising stars of the gaming world!

Comments

• kaiser3282kaiser3282 Member UncommonPosts: 2,759
    Originally posted by drbaltazar

http://initiative.nexon.net/
    i was surprised this is a great idea for rising stars of the gaming world!

Yeah, i saw that yesterday too, sounds like a good idea, although looking into it in more detail, its not 1,000,000 for your idea, but 1,000,000 divided up between multiple winners. But hey at least its something to help out if youre hurting for funding, though having a good idea + money still leaves having the know how and tools to make it work properly. But that money could at least help you out with buying some tools, hiring a couple people who do have some know how, etc.

• RavZterzRavZterz Member UncommonPosts: 618

I have a good idea and there is no way I can make a game out of it by myself, but at the same time if I do somehow win and work with Nexon how much control will I have over my idea if we co-develop?

Anyways, I've been working on a 2d single player version for a little bit just to show off the setting and some of the gameplay mechanics at work.  Doubt it'll be done by the deadline though...

Make games you want to play.

http://www.youtube.com/user/RavikAztar

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332

I think this is just a tricky way to get a cheap game under their wing.I believe they take over ownership and you are submitting a game not just an idea.It is not hard for a publisher to see a decent effort and the little they will offer to take it over will be nothing by now a days standards.

This is probably something similar to another poster who wanted help in getting his idea out to a publisher but needed help to get a quick 2d version for representation before getting a 3d version accepted.This would be about the same route someone would need to follow here and it would still need to be a team effort but it would probably get your foot in the door for future prospects.

IMO if a guy has that much time and resources to get a decent quality game out and accepted by these guys,he is smart enough to not need these guys.I think the smartest move i have ever seen in gaming that is similar was the guys who basically modded Half Life and turned it into Counterstrike,that game i am sure has made millions.That mod however was made buy a guy working already at Valve so he had access to everything he needed,including support from various people at Valve,so it is definitely no easy task to make anything worthwhile.

I think Nexon is just throwing that out there on a whim that something brilliant might be floating around.I played that make something unreal contest winner mod,it was called something ball,it looked like a decent effort for a small team,but nothing i would play steady or buy,and Nexon is looking for something to make money on.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• RavZterzRavZterz Member UncommonPosts: 618
    Originally posted by Wizardry

I think this is just a tricky way to get a cheap game under their wing.I believe they take over ownership and you are submitting a game not just an idea.It is not hard for a publisher to see a decent effort and the little they will offer to take it over will be nothing by now a days standards.
    This is probably something similar to another poster who wanted help in getting his idea out to a publisher but needed help to get a quick 2d version for representation before getting a 3d version accepted.This would be about the same route someone would need to follow here and it would still need to be a team effort but it would probably get your foot in the door for future prospects.
    IMO if a guy has that much time and resources to get a decent quality game out and accepted by these guys,he is smart enough to not need these guys.I think the smartest move i have ever seen in gaming that is similar was the guys who basically modded Half Life and turned it into Counterstrike,that game i am sure has made millions.That mod however was made buy a guy working already at Valve so he had access to everything he needed,including support from various people at Valve,so it is definitely no easy task to make anything worthwhile.
    I think Nexon is just throwing that out there on a whim that something brilliant might be floating around.I played that make something unreal contest winner mod,it was called something ball,it looked like a decent effort for a small team,but nothing i would play steady or buy,and Nexon is looking for something to make money on.

They are also willing to help produce the game, not just publish it, but I do agree its for the sake of making money on the off chance someone has done real work behind their idea.

Make games you want to play.

http://www.youtube.com/user/RavikAztar