Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I don't get it...

vega151vega151 Member Posts: 57

I don't fully understand the situation right now regarding Allods...

Let me explain: a couple of months ago I tried this game for maybe a week or two, and found it quite interesting, lots of potential. And it seems that it was the general opinion of people trying / playing it too. But then after that short trial I eventually left because real life was calling for other stuff. That was months ago.

Now I'm coming back, with the goal of putting more time in the game, to really get into it now. Thought I would read the Allods forums on MMORPG.com while the client is downloading, and all I found since yesterday are pretty much posts and threats mostly about the ''cash game shop'' or something like that going wrong in the game itself, and it looks like most of the people are pretty pissed off or disappointed about the game now... Seems like the devs did something to the game while I was gone but I can't put my finger on it exactly, just have a vague idea after reading multiple threats here...

What happened exactly while I was gone? Can someone enlighten me a bit ?

Comments

• jugfacejugface Member Posts: 41

As far as I'm aware they made some pretty useful items real expensive.  And paying for items in games makes people feel dirty. 

• IgorchtIgorcht Member UncommonPosts: 82

Basically, it was the item shop. Starting at level 15 you get a crippling debuff when you die. At 40, it lasts for almost an hour of in game time. You can pay gold at an NPC to remove it, but this will add up when you die a lot in PvP. Also, when you die in an instance, you'd have to leave to talk to the NPC, and if you leave the instance, you are locked out for 24 hours.

The solution to this is perfumes. You can get a single perfume from an aggravating daily quest, and you can get ONE stack of 20, ONCE from a level 15 quest. Otherwise, you have to buy them from the item shop. Each perfume will remove the death debuff and protect you from it for half an hour of in game time. A stack of 20 perfumes, 10 hours of protection, used to cost $13.50. This meant that even if you played very casually, say 40 hours a month, you'd spend $54/month on potions alone. The potions also provide you with a game changing buff based on patronage, up to an extra 90% HP, thus breaking PvP and probably high-end PvE encounters. I do not know how patronage works, so I'll let someone else handle that, but I believe it also involves buying stuff from the item shop.

Well, they received a ton of backlash, and significantly reduced prices in the item shop. Now a stack of perfume costs $3.00, which isn't as bad, but you still HAVE to buy them. Several other items from the item shop are still broken, but again, I don't know much about them so I'll let others handle that.

"I am the weapon that strikes/In the hearts of men I thrive/Feeding their fear with lies/I will devour/I will divide/I am the god of hellfire/inside every man there lives a liar/before their gods they cower/I will divide/I will devour" - "Divide Devour" by Iced Earth

• vega151vega151 Member Posts: 57

OMG this is 10 times worse than I thought!! O_o

Wow seriously, this is really ridiculous... Is that ACTUALLY live in game? Or something they are PLANNING to implement in a future patch or soon?

Urgh at this rate it will cost 2-3 times a normal MMORPG sub per month... o_O

• IgorchtIgorcht Member UncommonPosts: 82

yes, this is live. People are pretty unhappy, especially because Astrum Nival/gPotato had assured us time and time again that you wouldn't have to buy stuff from the item shop to be competitive; but as it is, it's ridiculous. A quick google search comes up with 21 hours per week average spent on MMOs, or three hours a day... 90 hours a month, 10 hours of protection per stack of perfumes, so 9x3.00 still equals $27/month, and that doesn't include any other items you might buy from the item shop. It IS a bit less if you do the daily quest, netting you 15 hours of protection per month, so I guess it's more like $21/month for the stacks, and then you'll still need ten individual potions at 25 cents a pop, for a total of $23.50. The point is, unless you play extremely casually, you're going to end up paying more than $15/month, possibly quite a lot more.

"I am the weapon that strikes/In the hearts of men I thrive/Feeding their fear with lies/I will devour/I will divide/I am the god of hellfire/inside every man there lives a liar/before their gods they cower/I will divide/I will devour" - "Divide Devour" by Iced Earth