Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Collision detection ?

stayontargetstayontarget Member RarePosts: 6,519

I was watching a CB video of this game and noticed the player ran into another player and not ghost through him.

Video in question " watch starting at 6:25" :  www.youtube.com/watch

So does this game have collision detection or not ?  I could not find the answer in the FAX section.

thanks.

Velika: City of Wheels: Among the mortal races, the humans were the only one that never built cities or great empires; a curse laid upon them by their creator, Gidd, forced them to wander as nomads for twenty centuries...

Comments

• NizurNizur Member CommonPosts: 1,417

Yes, from what I've read it has collision detection. Some classes use this in some of their moves, like the Lancer.

Current: None
    Played: WoW, CoX, SWG, LotRO, EVE, AoC, VG, CO, Ryzom, DF, WAR
    Tried: Lineage2, Dofus, EQ2, CoS, FE, UO, Wurm, Wakfu
    Future: The Repopulation, ArcheAge, Black Desert, EQN

• AlienovrlordAlienovrlord Member Posts: 1,525

Collision detection is very important in PvP IMO.   It makes a huge difference in the game play. 

There seems to be context-sensitive collision detection Tera.  

Here is the ZAM interview originally posted by Kenaoshi that shows collision detection that seems to be active only part of the time.

www.youtube.com/watch

(Here's another link from the source in case Youtube pulls the above link :) )

www.zam.com/story.html

The character seems to be able run through friendly NPCs and some mobs at the start, you can see the character run through the crowd of mobs and their leader.

But against the big boss mob there clearly is CD.   I really liked how the character could still roll *under* the boss mob between its legs - that's a little piece of awesome right there lol

You really want a game that has context-sensitive CD.     You don't want to run into friendly NPCs all the time but CD it very important for PvP.  

The more I see of this game, the more interesting I'm getting in it.  

• stayontargetstayontarget Member RarePosts: 6,519

Cool thanks for the info, that is what I was hoping for.

Velika: City of Wheels: Among the mortal races, the humans were the only one that never built cities or great empires; a curse laid upon them by their creator, Gidd, forced them to wander as nomads for twenty centuries...