Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anyone going to Green Day concert? (poll inside)

I am a huge Green Day fan and am very hyped. Right now I'm waiting because ticket go on sale in like an hour so I'll go play WoW for a while... but anyway I was just wondering if you like Green Day,

Jatez -- Question Everything -- Jate

Comments

• KiamdeKiamde Member CommonPosts: 5,820

We don't all live in your area...

"Whoever controls the media controls the mind..-'Jim Morrison"

"When decorum is repression, the only dignity free men have is to speak out." ~Abbie Hoffman

• punchlinepunchline Member Posts: 544

I "used" to be the biggest Greenday fan around... if you have ever listened to their old albums such as Nimrod Dookie Insomniac .. they are more ... lets say punkish. Now their songs consist of more pop. So Greenday has kinda switched their genre from punk to pop/rock. Starting with their 2000 release Warning. I think Greenday is trying to keep their older fans and pickup girls with the pinch of pop.

Older Greenday> Newer Greenday
    but they are making a ton of money with their new hits!

• sidebustersidebuster Member UncommonPosts: 1,712
    I used to like them a lot until i found out they are bush bashing liberals. I just dont listen to their american idiot cd anymore.
  • SerienSerien Member CommonPosts: 8,460

I only like one of their songs...

so no, lol

• EnigmaEnigma Member UncommonPosts: 11,384

I used to like Green Day until they started getting involved in Politics back in the 90's in the middle of their concerts

In my opinion, entertainers should not preach about politics at their concerts. Their there to entertain not to do politics.

Same thing with a couple other bands (Im not just pointing GreenDay out). Also, it isnt because they are liberal. If I go to a concert and a band started to yell out political propaganda whether its liberal or conservative, they just lost a fan.

People who have to create conspiracy and hate threads to further a cause lacks in intellectual comprehension of diversity.

• wootedgewootedge Member Posts: 122
    I agree- by the great committee of murt. The committee has now announced Greenday heretics and uncover terrioist bastard liberals. Death to the hereticimage

Originally posted by wootedge
    I agree- by the great committee of murt. The committee has now announced Greenday heretics and uncover terrioist bastard liberals. Death to the hereticimage

Can you not be prick?

"When decorum is repression, the only dignity free men have is to speak out." ~Abbie Hoffman

• wootedgewootedge Member Posts: 122

Originally posted by Kiamde

Originally posted by wootedge
    I agree- by the great committee of murt. The committee has now announced Greenday heretics and uncover terrioist bastard liberals. Death to the hereticimage

Can you not be prick?

I was just stating that Bush rocks!!!image
  • RJCoxRJCox Member Posts: 2,686

Originally posted by punchline
    I "used" to be the biggest Greenday fan around... if you have ever listened to their old albums such as Nimrod Dookie Insomniac .. they are more ... lets say punkish. Now their songs consist of more pop. So Greenday has kinda switched their genre from punk to pop/rock. Starting with their 2000 release Warning. I think Greenday is trying to keep their older fans and pickup girls with the pinch of pop.Older Greenday> Newer Greenday

LOL, "older greenday such as Nimrod Dookie Insomniac"...

They had 3 albums out before they ever got any radio play off of Dookie. Dookie is the first album of theirs most people know about, but its by far not their first nor really their "old stuff".

Richard J. Cox
    "There were much of the beautiful, much of the wanton, much of the bizarre, something of the terrible, and not a little of that which might have excited disgust."

• jayheld90jayheld90 Member UncommonPosts: 1,726

Originally posted by Kunou
    Originally posted by punchline
    I "used" to be the biggest Greenday fan around... if you have ever listened to their old albums such as Nimrod Dookie Insomniac .. they are more ... lets say punkish. Now their songs consist of more pop. So Greenday has kinda switched their genre from punk to pop/rock. Starting with their 2000 release Warning. I think Greenday is trying to keep their older fans and pickup girls with the pinch of pop.Older Greenday> Newer Greenday

LOL, "older greenday such as Nimrod Dookie Insomniac"...

They had 3 albums out before they ever got any radio play off of Dookie. Dookie is the first album of theirs most people know about, but its by far not their first nor really their "old stuff".

lol..."pwned"

I am surpised that Kunnie is the only one hip enough here to know that Greenday has been around longer than Dookie. Their indie material is quite good. It can be found on Kazaa.