Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

12 Levels in... I'm impressed

will75will75 Member UncommonPosts: 365

So yeah, the game is dead on here. But who cares right? Hype doesn't mean it's a bad game, even though this game is at 8.29 which was 8.14 before release. Nonetheless the game is impressive for a free game. The pran is actually interesting and i found myself entertained... and i'm a pvper.. i am kinda pissy she's still a fairy. I want my Siobahn to be running behind me! Anywho, i recommend you download this and give it a try. It's the best game i've played in awhile, i played aion.... Which was not bad, just implemented horribly. This game so far seems more interesting to me then that did. This isn't gonna jump out and lick your ass like the TERA candy(graphics) is, i mean. It's a free game, the graphics are not bad, but not great either.  What you won't find in this game.

Aoc's linear design

That new star wars lobby game that's always on the top of the list here. ya know the one where everyone meets in a lobby and then enters an instance ala old guild wars 1 release?  but pve's instead? lol

Or TERA'S shiny graphics...

All those games are pve first, pvp afterthought. Including TERA.

This game is MADE for PVP. It's not ffa loot, it has 7 factions which almost makes it ffa..Which is awesome. Now maybe 40 levels from now and a cashshop anal rape later it'll suck.But for now, it's gold

Just my .02 

This game is way under pimped by the people here, and mmorpg.com in general.

Comments

• FyendiarFyendiar Member UncommonPosts: 250

I had never heard of this game untill I got an email yesterday that the game would go into open beta a few hours later. I went to the website to check if it was purely a pvp game or not. I am what most would call a carebear type of player, I prefer pve over pvp. Don't get me wrong I like pvp as well, I just want pvp to be a choise and not be forced upon me. Once I saw you could choose between a pvp server and pve server I decided to download it.

Hours later the open beta had started and I started playing. The first thing I noticed was the way the chat worked, or should I say how it doesn't work? Within minutes it was clear that the chat was mostly there to just be ignored, ah well maybe this will be fixed soon so on I went.

Auto-attack gone mad! I'm sorry, but the way auto-attack works in this game is a bit too much for my taste. Select a certain type of attack and watch your character repeat it. No need to even press the button twice. Ah well, at least the world looks nice and the characters half decent.

I wanted to disable the floating name above my character and couldn't find a way to do it so went back to the forums. After some searching (without luck) I stumbled on a few pvp related topics so decided to read them. To my huge surprise I found out they invented an entire new meaning of pve!

I can honestly say I have never been so surprised about mmo "logic" as I was last night when I found out!

In the world of Aika Online when you choose a pve server instead of a pvp server it means you can't be attacked by the enemy, but your own faction can gank you all they want! Who needs enemies with friends like that? I don't mind this type of gameplay, there is an audience for this type of thing and more power to them. However I felt cheated, I decided to play this game because I saw there was an option to choose to play on a pve server. Silly of me ofc that I didn't consider the fact that some company might re-invent the meaning of pve servers alltogether! My bad, I should have known...

pvp = both enemy factions and your own can gank you (all clear, makes sense)

pve = your own faction can gank you, but at least you are safe from other factions (ehm...that's not pve, that is just another pvp variation!)

Ah well, at least it is a f2p game so I only wasted time and no money.

Next!

• drbaltazardrbaltazar Member UncommonPosts: 7,856

cant say i cant download the game ,i closed betaed first time loved the game then booted it waiting for this open beta

now i cant redownload it stay retry restart! lol

so a lot player are like me they just cant download the god dam game it stop where it should download!

Originally posted by Fyendiar

I had never heard of this game untill I got an email yesterday that the game would go into open beta a few hours later. I went to the website to check if it was purely a pvp game or not. I am what most would call a carebear type of player, I prefer pve over pvp. Don't get me wrong I like pvp as well, I just want pvp to be a choise and not be forced upon me. Once I saw you could choose between a pvp server and pve server I decided to download it.
    Hours later the open beta had started and I started playing. The first thing I noticed was the way the chat worked, or should I say how it doesn't work? Within minutes it was clear that the chat was mostly there to just be ignored, ah well maybe this will be fixed soon so on I went.
    Auto-attack gone mad! I'm sorry, but the way auto-attack works in this game is a bit too much for my taste. Select a certain type of attack and watch your character repeat it. No need to even press the button twice. Ah well, at least the world looks nice and the characters half decent.
    I wanted to disable the floating name above my character and couldn't find a way to do it so went back to the forums. After some searching (without luck) I stumbled on a few pvp related topics so decided to read them. To my huge surprise I found out they invented an entire new meaning of pve!
    I can honestly say I have never been so surprised about mmo "logic" as I was last night when I found out!
    In the world of Aika Online when you choose a pve server instead of a pvp server it means you can't be attacked by the enemy, but your own faction can gank you all they want! Who needs enemies with friends like that? I don't mind this type of gameplay, there is an audience for this type of thing and more power to them. However I felt cheated, I decided to play this game because I saw there was an option to choose to play on a pve server. Silly of me ofc that I didn't consider the fact that some company might re-invent the meaning of pve servers alltogether! My bad, I should have known...
    pve = your own faction can gank you, but at least you are safe from other factions (ehm...that's not pve, that is just another pvp variation!)
    Next!

the auto attack is mentionned out of context

when you meet battle 1000 vs 1000 then you ll see it make sense

i felt the same before but in 1000 vs 1000 too much hpenning to fast this is a nice system!

• HarabeckHarabeck Member Posts: 616

Also, on the killing of your own faction, there is a major penalty for doing so which includes an XP penalty and loss of devotion from your pran.

• will75will75 Member UncommonPosts: 365

Let's see

#1 You could turn it off.. see down there by your exp bar? says auto ... autorun  and pvp?  turn off auto attack... finished/

#2   Chat can be confusing, was for me too... they could of done a better job, it's beta. But maybe it wouldn't matter   use the characters     !@#$ prefacing your typing and you'll see in the corner it changes to where you're going to type to.. kinda like the old eq stuff where it would say @guild...  basically it's saying you're typing   "@" a certain place. it's weird, i will say that.. it needs a bit changing, id love to make the font bigger. iom old i cant see.

Played like 6.5 hours tonight at work. made it to 19... i havent chosen a nation yet. so its interesting. i still like it, i can't wait till pvp happens

• HarabeckHarabeck Member Posts: 616

I'm already tired of it. The grind is boring. I'd rather go back to War and grind through pure PvP.

• FraxtureFraxture Member UncommonPosts: 121

Next!

WOW! What a faboulous greifing tool. I just create a toon for both sides. And I can run around and kill within that faction for the otherside.

Ingenious!

Like killing your own family to befreind the enemy...I like it....in a sort of screwed up twisted "I love to hit myself in the head with a hammer because I enjoy the way it feels when I stop doing it" kind of way.. 

• BetrayalFiveBetrayalFive Member Posts: 75

Still debating if I will play this game. I dated a girl named Aika who gave me the runaround too many times, lol.

• fldashfldash Member UncommonPosts: 227

Originally posted by Harabeck
    I'm already tired of it. The grind is boring. I'd rather go back to War and grind through pure PvP.

My thoughts exactly... not enough here to keep me interested even if PvP at max levels is 1000 vs 1000. That's not going to be tactful PvP, it's just going to be a huge zerg.

Former xFire user... I only wanted a game tracker and messenger, not a screenshot taker, video recording, broadcasting piece of bloatware.

Someone will always hate something, if you think you must zerg at 1k vs 1k you're kidding yourself, not that you care. You're not interested in playing the game to start with.  1K VS 1K means people die, and have to run back or groups come to the fort, am i zerger? nope... i will be the group that's ganking other groups on their way to the siege, i;ll be the 6 man running through your nation starting trouble,killing your carebear duelers.. etc.. etc...  

The penalty for ganking your own side is pretty bad if you haven't figured it out already, and you haven't you just quit because you figured "asian grinder"  

There's already people in the mid 40's. this isn't an asian grinder, are those people in their 40s no lifers? or 3 manning a character? probably but the point is,  you can still cap quickly, and powerrleveling works in this game... 3 days of powerlevel  grind and you're 50.  If you have a guild, but all these things take efforts, and it's obvious why mmos suck these days, because everyone wants their wow clone. sorry it's not in this game. the game's not perfect, but it also doesn't cater to those that started in wow, and that's why some dislike it. if you love pve and hate pvp? dont play this game

oH and im solo, level 25 and haven't picked a nation yet.   I work 40 hours a week, have a girlfriend, went out to dinner last night. and as i said im 25, half way to cap in what 2 days?

• tsuranotsurano Member Posts: 52

Level 15 and I've played a total of 6 hours.

• IdesofMarchIdesofMarch Member Posts: 1,164

Chat isn't the most intuitive thing in the world, but it works just fine for me.  

See, I personally like that I don't have to hit a key for my default attack a million times.

While I agree that it is misleading and stupid that they added the terms PvE and PvP to the title of the channels (I've read they are not present in the other versions), I can't possibly disagree more about the "your own faction can gank you all they want" comment. Killing a member of your own nation debuffs you, and if you kill enough it'll basically cripple you by removing all EXP gain, not allowing you to speak to any NPCs, etc. And at full effect it's an incredibly long in-game time debuff, which god bless anyone who's willing to endure that at the expense of an hour of all-out ganking fun. So while yes, there are some who will do it anyway, most players are interested in fighting the other nations and not with their own.

Besides, people who try to kill you and fail only for you to kill them five minutes later while they're trying to kill another hapless player is a damn good time.

• farfanugonfarfanugon Member Posts: 419

the PVE isnt there as a grind you can go from lvl 1 - lvl 46 in about a week and never grind you just have to follow the quest lines

the PVE is there to teach you how to fight . it takes a bit of schooling to learn 1000 vs 1000 pvp if your using auto attack all the tme you are going to fail if its a low cool down spell its also a low damage spell some spells have up to a 1 min cool down are you gunna run in circles for 1 min befor next cast ?

the auto attack is good to save you in the case of lag hit a lag spike no worries your still attacking even if it is a crap low damage spell its better than nothing and maybe your not dead at the end of the spike

• ZixoZixo Member Posts: 15

How many  F2P realm vs realm or nation vs nation games are out there focused specialy on that ? Well I played one Regnum Online for about a half year and if you get ganked then find a good guild to have dudes to protect you, also there will be most on the community if you will ignore all the nation wars or fight cuz you wish. I mean  this game will have good pvp only if the community will like to fight. I remember in regnum there were days when realms were ignoring each other or one realm was killing everyone and people complained how the game suck etc... It will be on us not on the game.

If I look back in games I have played in my past it wasnt Diablo or Obvilion I m not a fantasy fun but if the word Massive Multiplayer Games means this I m playing. Some lame arenas or 10vs10 .... I can play Counter Strike. Just sayin...

The bad for me is some wierd graphic bugs and I m not sure if its on my side, looks like any settings I make in CCC are not affect the game the distance drawing is wierd, somethimes the texturex just gone. Also dunno if the pvp will be not like charge and die or charge and pwn if yes then I know few bettter games I m lvl 20 and a lvl 40 will kill me in 2 hits or less... but so far after trying many common cabal,runes,allods etc this one is definetly worth of grind atm for me. Lets just hope they not screw the CS.

sorry for bad english

mm!graphic wise i havent had your issue i think you might need to tweak your computer!

as for pvp only thing unbalanced right now is the alliance system it favor spicific nation some are already rerolling to

be on the winning side

so unless they change this alliance thing ,we all know where those item will go

as for castle siege ?everybody is a noob not many were ready !everybody was searching!

but the game is good 1maybe they ll tweak the issue that stood out saturday!we ll see next saturday now everybody is

leveling leveling leveling!guild character etc!

• farfanugonfarfanugon Member Posts: 419

im not Lvling im playing in forums ., i can own ez with out any more grind