Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is this game solo or group?

AlysenMinaseAlysenMinase Member Posts: 361

I just started my 14 day trial a few days ago, and right now I'm a level 12 Illusionist, with 13 Outfitter and 10 levels in AA. Leveling has been pretty good so far. I've been keeping my AA near my main level and crafting new gear every few levels. Can you go all the way to max level by doing what I've been doing so far? Or do players start grouping up later? I've never been invited to a party yet, though I've seen a few.

Playing - EVE, Wurm

Retired - Final Fantasy XI, Anarchy Online, Mabinogi

Waiting - ArcheAge, Salem

Comments

• bambookbambook Member UncommonPosts: 180

it depends on what play stile u like. the game is designed for both, groups and no groups. Without groups it will be just more annoying i find to level. If you find a group you will do alot of dungeons and daily+weekly instances which give crazy xp but are very challenging. a group of 5 including cleric will be needed to clear out some dungeons which have best rewards.

• DasterdlyDasterdly Member Posts: 30

You can solo your way all the way to the end if you like.  There is plenty of content that you wont need grouping for.  Obviously, you will be missing out on quite abit however if you never group.  

Keeping your AA near your adventure level is fine in the lower levels, but you will struggle later on if you only solo.  I would suggest locking your aa at 100% and then doing all the content you can find at your level.  You can sock away quite a few AA this way.  You can probably solo stuff up to 3  levels higher than you with ease.  4+ levels higher and your leveling speed will start to decline as you need to rest more often and for longer periods.  Put your slider back to adventure experience and get a couple of levels, then go back to 100% AA exp.  Alternate like this and you will never have an issue with AA points.

You probably do not need to update your gear but every 10 - 12 levels.  If you can Mastercraft every new tier, you will get by just fine..

• AlysenMinaseAlysenMinase Member Posts: 361

Thanks for the info. How are groups found in game? I've tried using the in game group thing but it can't find any groups...

Playing - EVE, Wurm

Retired - Final Fantasy XI, Anarchy Online, Mabinogi

Waiting - ArcheAge, Salem

• DasterdlyDasterdly Member Posts: 30

the lfg tool is decent but not used frequently it seems.  Your best bet is 

1.)  Join a good guild

2.) Use the general chat level 1 - 9 channel.  *Most* people just hang in 1 - 9.   Just shout out there "Level XX Warden LFG" and see who bites.

• RavingRabbidRavingRabbid Member UncommonPosts: 1,168

TY for posting this thread as I was curious myself. I will keep looking for more rplies.

(BBBBBBBBBBWWWWWWWWAAAAHHHHH dances with dark elf chicks!)

All my opinions are just that..opinions. If you like my opinions..coolness.If you dont like my opinion....I really dont care.
    Playing: ESO, WOT, Smite, and Marvel Heroes

• ariestearieste Member UncommonPosts: 3,309

The best (and in many cases ONLY) path to 80 or so is soloing.  You get a lot more AA this way and level up pretty fast. 

Once you get to 75 or so, grouping really begins, but truly it doesn't bloom until you hit the cap (currently at 90)... grouping in EQ2 tends to be around completing hard quests (rare) and doing group instances for fun, profit, loot, AA and quest (Very common).

So the majority of the game is solo until cap while the majority of it is group (or raid if you want) at the cap.

Don't be disappointed if you don't get any groups early on.  Enjoy the world and explore.

The "LFG" tool is generally not used.  Most people find groups via "90 defiler lfg for quest/zone" in the appropriate level channel. i.e. (10-19 channel, 70-79 channel, whichever one your highest one is)

"I’d rather work on something with great potential than on fulfilling a promise of mediocrity."

- Raph Koster

Tried: AO,EQ,EQ2,DAoC,SWG,AA,SB,HZ,CoX,PS,GA,TR,IV,GnH,EVE, PP,DnL,WAR,MxO,SWG,FE,VG,AoC,DDO,LoTRO,Rift,TOR,Aion,Tera,TSW,GW2,DCUO,CO,STO
    Favourites: AO,SWG,EVE,TR,LoTRO,TSW,EQ2, Firefall
    Currently Playing: ESO

• KnyttaKnytta Member UncommonPosts: 414

Unfortunately people are not grouping much anymore best advice is to somehow find a leveling buddy, advertise here, on the official server forums and so on. If you are 2 you will have much more fun, you can do a lot more contents and best of all you have the start of a group. If you are two you can use the LFM tool (the other tab on the LFG tool or announce), if you have the time it is usually also possible to get a group by simply going to the popular dungeons like Stormhold, Ruins of Varsoon, Runnyeye, Cazic Thule and sit and wait until you get a group.

Chi puo dir com'egli arde é in picciol fuoco.

He who can describe the flame does not burn.

Petrarch

• drbaltazardrbaltazar Member UncommonPosts: 7,856

solo!(some day specific player group but its hard to know the schedule)