Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Shoulder Armor ?

tro44_1tro44_1 Member Posts: 1,819

SHoulder armor now?

Comments

• LeononaLeonona Member UncommonPosts: 225

I hope there will be more seperate armor pieces, but perhaps they will make the shoulders a part of the arm or chest piece.

• SquishydewSquishydew Member UncommonPosts: 1,107

I think It's just a part of the gloves, or the chest armor.

Looks very nice though.

• tro44_1tro44_1 Member Posts: 1,819
    Originally posted by Agoden

Looks very nice though.

but its not on both sides tho. And the the Right arm has a gap between the two parts

• ZeroxinZeroxin Member UncommonPosts: 2,515
    Originally posted by tro44_1

Originally posted by Agoden

Looks very nice though.

but its not on both sides tho. And the the Right arm has a gap between the two parts

Like the Ranger and Warrior outfits in GW the shoulder should be part of the chest but since they are changing the way the armours work in GW2 we can't know for sure. But they definitely look attached to the chest with the leather straps.

This is not a game.

• someforumguysomeforumguy Member RarePosts: 4,088

It makes me think of Gladiator armour in GW. Where the shoulderplate on one shoulder is part of the chest armour.

This concept art looks nice, but at the same time quite bare for Norn. They are supposed to live in the coldest areas in Tyria. The style seems to be a mix of old world gladiator armour and a norse helmet.

• LeononaLeonona Member UncommonPosts: 225
    Originally posted by someforumguy

This concept art looks nice

I don't know if you can classify it as concept art? It's an engine render and these characters are featured in the second trailer.

• djazzydjazzy Member Posts: 3,578
    Originally posted by someforumguy

It makes me think of Gladiator armour in GW. Where the shoulderplate on one shoulder is part of the chest armour.
    This concept art looks nice, but at the same time quite bare for Norn. They are supposed to live in the coldest areas in Tyria. The style seems to be a mix of old world gladiator armour and a norse helmet.

Norn don't need armor ;-p

Look at Jora.

Edit: it's not concept art, it's an ingame rendition. And yes, it does look very similar to a warrior's gladiator armor in GW.

• AI724AI724 Member UncommonPosts: 249
    Originally posted by Leonona

I hope there will be more seperate armor pieces, but perhaps they will make the shoulders a part of the arm or chest piece.

If it is like GW1, it would be part of the chest piece.  But I sure too hope  that it will be seperated from the chest piece and that there will be more seperate parts to armors just so we have more fun playin around (dying..etc..) with them ^_^

• KenaoshiKenaoshi Member UncommonPosts: 1,022

i would rather have it attached to the chest piece but all armor parts cutomizable, neverwinter nights anyone? =p

now: GW2 (11 80s).
    Dark Souls 2.
    future: Mount&Blade 2 BannerLord.
    "Bro, do your even fractal?"
    Recommends: Guild Wars 2, Dark Souls, Mount&Blade: Warband, Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning.

• AseenusAseenus Member UncommonPosts: 1,844

If that screenshot is from Guild Wars 2 then it looks like pretty bad graphics :S

I'm expecting more from Arenanet.

• knighthonorknighthonor Member Posts: 96
    Originally posted by Aseenus

If that screenshot is from Guild Wars 2 then it looks like pretty bad graphics :S
    I'm expecting more from Arenanet.

gameplay > Graphics.

Dont turn this into another Age of Conan

• HochmeisterHochmeister Member Posts: 70

No, There is another GW 2 armor that looks more like gladiator than this one. And the shoulder thing is normal, it is either part of body or arm and even though it is not on the other side doesn't mean anything. take Ritualist Guild wars 1 armor for  example each arm is not thisame but they still come in 1 packageFile:Ritualist Seitung armor m.jpg

• HochmeisterHochmeister Member Posts: 70

Look at the armor in the middle, the man in red. That looks  more like gladi or vabbian to me.