Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

playonline viewer?????

blix2006blix2006 Member UncommonPosts: 415

did this thing get anyone elses blood boiling??? i have never had to jump through so many hoops just to play a game.

Comments

• skeaserskeaser Member RarePosts: 4,181

Wait until you try to cancel!

Sig so that badges don't eat my posts.

• blix2006blix2006 Member UncommonPosts: 415

i just kinda want my money back i still havent figured out how to add the key i have..what a fucking joke.

• BloodaxesBloodaxes Member EpicPosts: 4,662

Never bothered me much it was only like 3 clicks to enter the game but 1 thing surely frustrated me a bit to find! after you install the expansions unless you go some were in playonline to activate them (I forgot now) you wouldn't be able to enter the maps and do the quests from them.

i bought it on steam today...i open it go through 1 million different things including putting my key in...i finally get to some play screen where it tells me i dont have a content id or some shit.

Yes now "purchase" an ID the first one costs 0 it should show then after you buy it you can play.

[Edit]

AND if you intend on playing with keyboard and mouse go search on how to change the menu to compact or you will rage again.

ok i think i got it now...whatever happened to go to web site,make account,add key,profit??...this make a membership name..then id..the content id...password...log on password...security password...this is retarded,this game better be half ass decent for all this lol

Can be a bit boring the first time but when I played I never saw bots or gold spams hehe.

Although when I tried it again few months ago I got a whisper or 2 from botters so they found a way into the game =/

yea not worried about spammers just bored and saw it for 7 bucks and thought why not..i loved final fantasy back in the nes days all the way up to 7..then the company lost its way and hasnt put one out that was worth more then a coffee table coaster,and 13 is up there as the worst i have seen yet after watching a buddy play it.

• SilokSilok Member UncommonPosts: 732
    Originally posted by skeaser

Wait until you try to cancel!

Cancel is easier, all you have to do is click on cancel id, enter you ID and pass chooose which id you want to cancel and voila. I dont see what is the challenge in that.

I know playonline is not the casual login and may be a pain in the ass at first but when you know it this is easy.

I have to agree with you with FF series after the 7 they lost they way. Anyway in FFXI at start find somes guide to help you, because the first time can be a turn down, but when you manage the control and imerge yourself in the gameplay this game is fantastic.

wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Main_Page

Floow this link for info about the game and if you can play with a gamepad if not follow what the guy before had already told you.

Hope you like it :)

I didn't find the single players bad (ff9 fav) excluding blizzball who wants soccer in an rpg? I have to live with it already in real life hate it so much xD

FFXI has a slow paced combat and is somehow similar to ff12 menus to attack just to tell you from advance hehe.

Originally posted by bloodaxes

I didn't find the single players bad (ff9 fav) excluding blizzball who wants soccer in an rpg? I have to live with it already in real life hate it so much xD
    FFXI has a slow paced combat and is somehow similar to ff12 menus to attack just to tell you from advance hehe.

For me there are not bad, there are just not  a FF. FFX9 was the last of the old way. I mean i want turn based combat in FF i dont want these king of  fast combat.... (dont know how to describe them). I want lvl and job i dont want (like in FF12)  these ability grid where a mage can wear plate armor... anyway that my view of it and i cant accept all these stupid change. They dont improve gameplay they just change it.

Originally posted by Silok

Originally posted by bloodaxes

For me there are not bad, there are just not  a FF. FFX9 was the last of the old way. I mean i want turn based combat in FF i dont want these king of  fast combat.... (dont know how to describe them). I want lvl and job i dont want (like in FF12)  these ability grid where a mage can wear plate armor... anyway that my view of it and i cant accept all these stupid change. They dont improve gameplay they just change it.

To each their own I guess ff12 combat was not bad for me personally it was inspired by vagrant story and the grid was not bad too it added some time investment to open your character and this way you could make your main character with a "class" you want to not what SE made it you must use.

If you used plate as a mage you would be lose many stats that would make your character better in magic so while you could you would be a half mage instead of a mage.

• VysceVysce Member Posts: 26

I got this on steam last night and, this process was insane! Make a Square Enix Account, Make MEMBERS account, sync both accounts, download Play Online, go through the registration, (1 hour later) Log in, doesn't work. Finally figure out you have to sync Square Account with Play Online Account. Finally works, then this Content ID crap.

What about a free trial? Square Enix sent me a 14 day trial key via email, where do I use it? All tech support does is define what a free trial is? And this content ID, it says it's 12.95 then $1 per month for each new character? So does that mean if I want two more character's it will cost 14.95 a month? I'm not trashing this game here, but I want to figure this out pls!!!

Originally posted by Vysce

I got this on steam last night and, this process was insane! Make a Square Enix Account, Make MEMBERS account, sync both accounts, download Play Online, go through the registration, (1 hour later) Log in, doesn't work. Finally figure out you have to sync Square Account with Play Online Account. Finally works, then this Content ID crap.
    What about a free trial? Square Enix sent me a 14 day trial key via email, where do I use it? All tech support does is define what a free trial is? And this content ID, it says it's 12.95 then $1 per month for each new character? So does that mean if I want two more character's it will cost 14.95 a month? I'm not trashing this game here, but I want to figure this out pls!!!

Yep this is exactly like that, 1 character 12.95$ and 1$ foreach more character. but you should know that the only real reason to have more than one character is for a bank for your items. In FFXI you can play all job with the same character simply by changing job in your mog house.eve For the trial i cant help you i nr use one. But i will assume you use it the same way of a original key.

Here the link where you can download the;

* FINAL FANTASY XI 14-Day Free Trial Instruction Manual (English)

For europe:

support.eu.square-enix.com/manual.php

For North America

support.na.square-enix.com/manual.php

Hope it will help.