Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

News is news I guess

KwintpodKwintpod Member Posts: 262

http://www.tentonhammer.com/node/81024

No gameplay info yet, it's an interview about lore. Not much news, but they did reveal three playable factions(Durmand Priory, The Order of Whispers or the Vigil)

Comments

• HerodesHerodes Member UncommonPosts: 1,494

Maybe they don´t want to go the same route pre-release as WAR did.
    The WAR marketeers shouted out loud the gimmick of their game far ahead of game´s release and BAM! WoW implemented achievements and siege warfare before WAR even was released. ^^

• djazzydjazzy Member Posts: 3,578

This is pretty much the mo of Anet though, they don't release much information until it's ready. Remember, the founding core of ArenaNet came from Blizzard, and they are famous (or infamous) for not releasing news.

• LeucrottaLeucrotta Member Posts: 679
    Originally posted by arenasb

This is pretty much the mo of Anet though, they don't release much information until it's ready. Remember, the founding core of ArenaNet came from Blizzard, and they are famous (or infamous) for not releasing news.

Not true really as they released tons of info on GW 1 and betas in early stages, they do it the other way round this time

• ZeroxinZeroxin Member UncommonPosts: 2,515

They are building hype, and its what they need to do. I'm excited, are you?

This is not a game.

• miceinblackmiceinblack Member Posts: 122

Meh. I like what I've seen so far and I can understand not releasing concepts until its finish. However, GW had a pretty big world and I'm sure GW2 will be just as big so it couldn't hurt to release a few more screenshots or video footage of some of the more common areas we will encounter.   I hope the character customization will be a bit more in depth than GW1 was. GW1 was pretty generic for creating your character. The big plus is we will be choosing from 1 of 5 races.

• KwintpodKwintpod Member Posts: 262

http://www.incgamers.com/Interviews/250/guild-wars-2-developer-interview

A new interview, some interesting parts:

*There are multiple racial skills, which are weaker than profession skills. An example of a human skill is "Prayer to Kormyr," which "removes a condition but is a fair bit weaker than comparable skills provided by a profession specializing in condition removal."

*The original norn spirits remain (wurm, owl, etc.), but Bear, Wolf, Snow Leopard, and Raven have emerged as the most prominent.

*Asura live 5-10% longer than humans. Vekk is dead, as "physics choked back."

*Multiple professions will have access to the same weapons (e.g. bow), but weapons are restricted by profession.

*The Flame Legion elected one of their own, Gaheron Baelfire, as "God."

*Building a player community while incorporating persistence is a goal.

*Guild membership is based a the character, not an account.

• illyanaillyana Member UncommonPosts: 614

Kwintpod, this is a great nterview abt game mechanics desrving a new thread
    unfortunately its 3am where im at and i need togoto bed
    pls make a new thread ;)

Have fun storming the castle! - Miracle Max

• AseenusAseenus Member UncommonPosts: 1,844

I can't wait till the release date is a little closer so that we can get some proper news about the game.