Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why I quit AO

varnos7varnos7 Member Posts: 4

I have played many games, most of course were the free(Item Mall) type.  

This is probably the most fun, best graphics, most complex I have tried, however 

I got my character to lvl 122, and at this point the equipment prices rise astronomically. 

In order to have decent equipment, you have to spend money on item mall items for a 

random chance of getting a decent mount or such.  But for the months it takes you to get to lvl 120+ 

it is highly immersive, and quite enjoyable to play.

Also to keep up with the other players you will have to play several hours a day, but I imagine this is true of most games.

Comments

• Rockgod99Rockgod99 Member Posts: 4,640

How much would a person need to spend in the shop to enjoy the game at high levels?

How shop dependent is the game?

I don't mind spending the amount of a P2p mmo monthly on a shop of the game is good but from the amount of players crying over the shop in I quit posts its starting to sound like the shop is really overpriced.

Im asking you since you seem to have had higher level experience and you left due to the game being cash shop dependent.

Playing: Rift, LotRO
    Waiting on: GW2, BP

• CelebiCelebi Member Posts: 53

I think you must know the system well on how to make money in the game so you wont spending real money...in atlantica there are lots of ways to survive. it's easy to earn money in grinding and questing unlike other mmo.... and of course you can't be famous or strong one if you can't take any risk.

• AlastiAlasti Member UncommonPosts: 287

To be Honest...once you get to level 120+ you are going to need to spend at least $30/month on a warriors pack and Blessing Licence.  Now...you can buy this in game for gold, a LOT of gold, from someone who spent real money and is selling in-game to make in-game money.  Either way...equivalent to $30/month...after that, if you want EXTRA cash, you need to spend more....although this game has so many ways to make money, you really shouldnt need to spend more than the $30/month, which in my opinion is a bargain....$1/day??? please...id pay 5x that for as much fun as it is.

• ashbeeashbee Member Posts: 2

You can actually purchase the Blessing License by using in game currency. What you do is, you get someone to "gift" the blessing license to your account.

I had 2 characters with Blessing Licenses and never spent any real money on the game

I also quit as well for other reasons, that being, it was just too addictive and I was spending about 8 hours a day just doing dailey money "quests"

• dubistblaudubistblau Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 274

Well to bad  for people who quit Atlantica Online. Well to keepmy interest with the game, i tend to rest for a while then come back again. The item mall part is really painful but it is like spending for something that you really like. If you want better chance to get good equipments, the item mall is th short cut but there are other options that you can use to get enough money in game to purchase what you need. it is really hard but you have to do it if you really want to. :D