It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!
Okay so I recently played LOTRO and got to level 7 in the free trial. Yes i got the trial but didnt actully start playing it till i had 2 days left. Go figure, anyhow, I wanted to know if LOTRO pvp or more specifcally PVM is a part of the game that players utilize, or is it just a feature added and fell by the way side?
I am a hardcore pvper, however, my hardcore pvp is spent in Eve online. Im trying to find a secondary mmo to play when theres nothing to kill in EVE... even if its a more relaxed PVE type of game. My brother is begging me to play WOW with him, but I am really against it... just because the WOW endgame is such a gear ladder.
From what I understand LOTRO has alot better PVE than wow, and most similar themepark type online games. In my short time playing I really felt a better atmoshhere, and couldnt help but admire lotros combat and graphics on my system. My nvidia geforce gtx 260 with dx 10 makes WOW look like a cartoon from the 80 s in comparison
Okay for the questions -
1) How casual friendly is this game? Can i play odd ball inbetween eve and still accomplish stuff? How is the endgame ? Lots of raids? Gear ladder grinds ?
2) How is the LOTRO PVP , known as monster play. Do people actully participate in it? IS it a popular feature, or is just like meh. Is the population in MVP equal or does evil usually trump good, or good always trump evil? Is it fun???/
3) whats up with these skirmishes, if I sub to the game do i need this mirkwood thingy? Or is it high level content only.
4) how is captain in PVE and MVP, are they good at soloing? useful in groups? my captain is only 6 but feels kind of like a paladin from wow, so far I like it..
5) what is the most populated server.
Thanks for your replies