Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hate Me If You Want

locfordlocford Member UncommonPosts: 28

I apoligize to all you EQ2 people who feel SOE can do no wrong. If you are enjoying the new expansion, then I am happy for you. My impressions are as follows:

While this game continues to be the best PVE game I can find, the lastest expansion totally sucks. For at least six levels, you are given FedEx type quests, the kind of quests one would expect in a noob zone, I just cant imagine a lvl 80" wanting to do these type quests, but wait, just like the previous expansions, you have little choice. Want to just kill mobs or do writs, sorry, you will be forever leveling. Worse still, you cant get get the next set of quests till you finish all the the previous ones. This game used to be

a lot of fun to play, level how you want, but know SOE tells you how you will level and if you dont  like it, spend forever leveling.

On a positive note, the instances are gorgeous, crafting quests for the most part are fun.  Unlike ROK, the mobs arent as tough, as most you need to fight leveling are one down or even.

This is a game, that, seems superior to anything out there, yet  they seem to make it their goal to alienate their core base, maybe hoping they can grab some bored WOW players?

LOC

Comments

• KilmarKilmar Member UncommonPosts: 844

Yes, the SF quests are totally crap. SoE finally gave up on telling stories. Too bad, since I loved the DoF expansion's stories. But I can understand them a little bit, why wasting time for thinking about stories, if almost no one reads them. Questreaders are under 1% of the players (IMO). I hope, the two signatures (Dartain & Lucan) will have some nice story line.

• drbaltazardrbaltazar Member UncommonPosts: 7,856

the fact is most experienced player cant justify the 15$ a month

you show eq2 game to the person watching expense and you show her or him allods and i bet you wont get the 15$ to play a p2p game ,be it your wife ,husband,brother etc the thing is f2p quality is so good  we just cant justify to our loved one spending 15$/month on any crappy game when f2p is =crappy and free .

that whats going on ,the economy is in the dumpster and with the bank and all related institution hidding their money

in fiscal paradise(sorry for bad translation)its no wonder; player are just getting out of p2p model.wow player  on xfire

went from 500000 hour last year to 250000 average

thats a big cut,all p2p game suffer this!and most realistic financial analyst say we still have 2 years of walking the line of finance

we re walking on the bubble created by canada and america right now will it be enough to jump start the economy ?

governement does lot of wishfull speach and say everywhere that crysis is finish that aint true

in 2 years it can go on the very successfull side and the crysis could be so big some country might have to go bankrupt

if one country go bankrupt it will be a domino effect!

so eq2 isnt the issue but player are just leaving p2p game

• NovusodNovusod Member UncommonPosts: 912
    Originally posted by drbaltazar

the fact is most experienced player cant justify the 15$ a month
    you show eq2 game to the person watching expense and you show her or him allods and i bet you wont get the 15$ to play a p2p game ,be it your wife ,husband,brother etc the thing is f2p quality is so good  we just cant justify to our loved one spending 15$/month on any crappy game when f2p is =crappy and free .

You realize Allods is not really a free game. Yeah you can log in and kill a few mobs but you won't be getting anywhere without some major cash. A basic starter bag in Allods will run you $40 then throw in a looting pet for $60 and you already spent $100. They also have something called a +10 rune or something or other and get this it costs $7000. No joke it is for real $7000 to play a video game. EPIC FAIL.

F2P games are like the phone companies who give away free phones only to hook you into some outrageous calling and texting plan that ends up costing $500/month in charges. Don't be a fool and fall for the f2p scam because that is what f2p games are a scam. There is no such thing as a free lunch.

I love eq2 to death because it is so much better than everything else out there and it is mostly p2p quality. However some of the recent changes in the game have really put me off. I might end up quitting the MMO genre altogether if this keeps up. But truth be told I would pay a couple $100 to relive the RoK experience. For me that was the peak of eq2 not this shard curency crap.

• ariestearieste Member UncommonPosts: 3,309
    Originally posted by locford

I apoligize to all you EQ2 people who feel SOE can do no wrong. If you are enjoying the new expansion, then I am happy for you. My impressions are as follows:
    While this game continues to be the best PVE game I can find, the lastest expansion totally sucks. For at least six levels, you are given FedEx type quests, the kind of quests one would expect in a noob zone, I just cant imagine a lvl 80" wanting to do these type quests, but wait, just like the previous expansions, you have little choice. Want to just kill mobs or do writs, sorry, you will be forever leveling. Worse still, you cant get get the next set of quests till you finish all the the previous ones. This game used to be
     a lot of fun to play, level how you want, but know SOE tells you how you will level and if you dont  like it, spend forever leveling.
    On a positive note, the instances are gorgeous, crafting quests for the most part are fun.  Unlike ROK, the mobs arent as tough, as most you need to fight leveling are one down or even.
    This is a game, that, seems superior to anything out there, yet  they seem to make it their goal to alienate their core base, maybe hoping they can grab some bored WOW players?
    LOC

I'm yet to meet a person in EQ2 or anywhere in the world that thinks "SOE can do no wrong".  Even the most die-hard fans of their games tend to think SOE is terrible.

I rather liked the way they structured the "dumb" quests this time around.  I didn't have to think too much when grinding them out.  Compare that to absolutely terrible solo quest progression in TSO (Moors), I'll take SF any day of the week and twice on sunday.  

There were never "meaningful" stories to "grind" quests.  Did you really find helping the gupta in Moors more meaningful than helping the pandas in SF?  Did you find helping the Fae royalty in Lesser Fae more meaningful than helping the Erudites in Paineel?  No way.  SF has just done a much clearer job in separating the "grind for xp" quests from the storyline quests.

Footsteps of Dartain is a great quest, tons of lore.  So is In Search of Lucan - although with Lucan, i wish it could have been a bit longer.    Then again, the TSO signature quest was awful for that, there were so many updates that you forgot what was going on in the two months between updates.  The several heritage quests are also excellent.

I agree 100% on it being lame that all the quest hubs are connected and have to basically be done in order.  (Though not all actually, but most). 

As far as leveling, I know tons of people that hit 90 without having ever done any of these quests.  All you have to do if find one or two other people and hit the Hole for a bit.   Many of the instances can be done at Mid 80s also, the problem here being that with Battlegrounds, the population is very split, so there are less groups than ever.  If it wasn't for BGs, I think the PvE of this expansion would be doing a lot better. 

It sounds to me is that your main issue is that you're trying to solo the entire game.  And unlike RoK which was a 100% solo-leveling expac, SF is back to being a balance between solo and group content.  And thank the gods for that -  If i had to do another "kill 8 swamp creatures" fens quest, I woulda stabbed myself in the eye with something blunt and prickly.

"I’d rather work on something with great potential than on fulfilling a promise of mediocrity."

- Raph Koster

Tried: AO,EQ,EQ2,DAoC,SWG,AA,SB,HZ,CoX,PS,GA,TR,IV,GnH,EVE, PP,DnL,WAR,MxO,SWG,FE,VG,AoC,DDO,LoTRO,Rift,TOR,Aion,Tera,TSW,GW2,DCUO,CO,STO
    Favourites: AO,SWG,EVE,TR,LoTRO,TSW,EQ2, Firefall
    Currently Playing: ESO