Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Alive and kickin at (ding!) 25.

2»

Comments

• ScarisScaris Member UncommonPosts: 5,332

Ty Elek, next time I have a group I will hit the nek dock and talk to her. I got anice suprise when I started teh Zek quest, 3 orcs outta nowhere, ugh!

- Scaris

"What happened to you, Star Wars Galaxies? You used to look like Leia. Not quite gold bikini Leia (more like bad-British-accent-and-cinnamon-bun-hair Leia), but still Leia nonetheless. Now you look like Chewbacca." - Computer Gaming World

• PyyrhusPyyrhus Member Posts: 6

I get where some people are coming from when they say the game ends at 20, to an extent.

When I got to 20 I thought, "Well now there's no more sub-classes for me too earn, this sucks", but then I continued playing and the game got 100 times better at like 22, mainly because I could fight in TS

HO's I prefer my teamates not using, generally because me being a Paladin I'm usually tanking, and I don't want aggro leaving me. Of course when another Pally or other finishes their HO they take aggro which sometimes pulls off me, and sometimes it can mean debt. However, if I am in a good group they can be extremely effective considering that they are smart enough to know to let me finish the chain. Some just don't know about cross HO'ing.

The AQ's were great, but truthfully the best quest for item I've come across is Ghoulbane one, can't wait till I'm able to use it. Unfortunately for me I found out about the Sword of Thunder quest a little too late and now there is nothing in SH that can drop chests on me :-(

Generally when another is tanking I let them take the last action on the HO IF its a taunt action. Otherwise I don't worry about it too much and I am fairly impressed with taunt in EQ II, a tank can hold aggro very well. Aggro swapping when you don't have a healer is pretty easy as well.

- Scaris

"What happened to you, Star Wars Galaxies? You used to look like Leia. Not quite gold bikini Leia (more like bad-British-accent-and-cinnamon-bun-hair Leia), but still Leia nonetheless. Now you look like Chewbacca." - Computer Gaming World

• NoubourneNoubourne Member Posts: 349

You can't cancel HOs anymore, so there's no waiting around not using other skills while the HO is completed. They are easy as pie and you just have to coordinate the big ones to get done in under 10 seconds from trigger. It's a much more efficient system and it's still exciting and fun imo.

The being able to cancel an HO and having to wait stuff was changed a couple patches ago. That's when they switched it from 30 seconds to 10.

As a necro I've hit a bit of a slow spot here in my mid 20s. I don't get my real necro nukes till 30 and I've only got a few pet upgrades and other fluff spells coming in the 20s. The 20s are rough. Every necro I've talked to says you'll know it's worth it when you hit 30 and up, so I'm not concerned that every single moment isn't perfect. There are plenty of other things for me to concentrate on.

Most of my play now at 26 has been solo. I only group to get quests done here and there. I have no problems killing mobs that give decent XP at my level, and it's not that hard to find them either.

In EQ1 monks were barehanded essentially yes. They have historically done better damage with fists than most weapons, because monk fists are so fast. That changed in EQ1 aftera patch, changed again, and so on and so forth. If you find your fists get great damage, then use them. It will save you cash. If you are not having problems soloing and your damage is on par with other monks then keep using it. WHen you find you are falling behind, ask around and find a slightly higher monk or two to give you advice.

Don't be afraid to do a /who all monk 20 30 and see if any of them is willing to chat with you a bit. Most often it won't take many tells to get all kinds of advice.

Habit is not to be flung out the window by any man, but coaxed down the stairs one step at a time. - Mark Twain

• xminatorxminator Member Posts: 306

The tier decides horse speed.

- Starter Mounts (2.5pp) - 24%
       - Standard Mounts (5pp) - 32%
       - Best Non Status Mount (8.2pp) - 40%
       - Flying Carpets/Undead Mounts (50pp and status) - 48% (lvl 30 guild)
       - Crusader Mounts - 10%
       - Totem buff - 24% with a 30 minute duration

Not sure what the % refer to. Think its compared to "regular" run speed.

thats exactly what I have been wanting to know xminator, thank you.

- Scaris