Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WAR Revisited

I've recently resubbed back to WAR after playing WoW for a while, and trying games like Allods online and such games like that.

I've come to realise that is a unique game, it truly is, with class mechanics and such. Now, back when it was released, its no surprise at release the game kinda flopped. They kinda screwed themselves with way to many servers, spreading the population out way to much causing the core of the game (realm vs realm) to be next to empty. If they only came out with fewer servers they may have retained alot more subs (but we will never know)

The games graphics take on a darker appeal to those of WoW, RoM and Allods (Popular WoW and WoW type games) Its pvp  is the main focus on the game as PvE is somewhat still decent. Public Quests are very unique, where groups of people can focus on a single quest for rewards that resets every few mins to be done all over again.

With there unlimited free play up to lvl 10, I encourage all people to try this game if they have not. If you were a player in the beginning I suggest taking another stab at it as well. The RvR lakes now come with influence for kills and objectives. Which lead to the best rewards for diffrent tiers, new badge and emblem system as well unlocks great weapon and great armour sets.

They did some good updates in the game. Check this out http://www.wegame.com/watch/warhammer-online-pvp-2/

This is a video of a Warrior Priest, for those who don't know its a hybrid melee healer, which means to be at its best you need to be actively fighting while healing. This is one of the most unique classes in any MMO, just try this game, unlimited play for the first 10 lvls, which means once you hit lvl 10, if ur still undecided you can keep playing it or reroll another char. Best trial out there imo.

See yas on the battlefront, and free to try, so why not?

Enjoy : )

Comments

• AethaerynAethaeryn Member RarePosts: 3,149

I think I will give it a shot again while I wait for other things. . or take a break from game hopping . . or should I say game "hoping"

AE

Wa min God! Se æx on min heafod is!

• obiiobii Member UncommonPosts: 804

I played WAR up to lvl 10 on a trial for fun, but I fail to see the point in a resetting pvp game where each day you can fight over the same territory. Maybe I am missing something..

• drbaltazardrbaltazar Member UncommonPosts: 7,856

unlimited free trial is a nice system for game maker!it brings in new player fill the game and before you know it everybody is in the unlimited free trial then your friends ends up saying hell might as well get the whole thing before you know it

ends up with lot of player in a game otherwise would have died .i think its a brilliant idea but we ll know the result of this idea in about 6 month since its almost end of gaming season!

• kingtommyboykingtommyboy Member Posts: 543

I downloaded WAR and played the unlimited trial. I had fun, but I dunno, I didn't get 'hooked' like, lotro, wow and gw did once, long ago, with me. It isn't just my game, the focus is on pvp, and I like pvp from time to time. But I'm just a pve player ^^. Although the pve in WAR isn't that bad, There are a lot of quests to do and the public quest system is something unique and a nice feature.

But the game is worth a try. I think a lot of people here will really like it.

-------------------------------------------------------------------
    waiting for ... nothing..

• KabaalKabaal Member UncommonPosts: 3,042

It's all well and good having an unlimited free trial up to level 10, but the game is deserted in the higher tiers. The most fun to be had is in tier 1 & 2, tier 3 the population starts to thin and by tier 4 you've got no chance of a scenario popping unless its slap bang in the middle of peak time.. and even then they can be few and far between.

If anyone is going to try it i'd advise just stick with the free trial, paying to have less fun is pointless.

• GregtheexconGregtheexcon Member Posts: 203
    Originally posted by Kabaal

It's all well and good having an unlimited free trial up to level 10, but the game is deserted in the higher tiers. The most fun to be had is in tier 1 & 2, tier 3 the population starts to thin and by tier 4 you've got no chance of a scenario popping unless its slap bang in the middle of peak time.. and even then they can be few and far between.

If anyone is going to try it i'd advise just stick with the free trial, paying to have less fun is pointless.

Actually, Tier 2 is populated as well, during the day day time (est) its a little quite, but around the afternoon to evening it really picks up, keep seiges and Battlefield Objectives are always flipping.

Tier 3 is known as the low population because people fly to land of the dead and pve grind to 40 (which can be done in less then a week or 2 from 25) thats why theres no action in t3, everyone goin for the max lvl.

Not sure about your tier 4 theory, 6 of 7 days of the week theres 2 or 3 city seiges a day. Scenarios pop every few mins as well, even at off times. and with the theory of telling people to not bother paying to go the distance doesn't help the cause of what you say is killing the game.

Enjoy : )

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,010
    Originally posted by obii

I played WAR up to lvl 10 on a trial for fun, but I fail to see the point in a resetting pvp game where each day you can fight over the same territory. Maybe I am missing something..

Well, it's more like guild wars in that you are fighting over an objective as opposed to fighting to maintain control over an area of land.

I"m afraid I play/played warhammer for the scenarios as the rvr stuff left me a bit cold. not that I don't enjoy it but I hate the idea of flipping objectives. I preferred the Lineage 2 sieges where you really did own the castle and got taxes from the players because of it.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • Rapture551Rapture551 Member Posts: 7

I played WAR all the way up to about 30, then bailed back to WoW. At first I thought the game was amazing but I just didnt stick to it. I missed WoW, so I went back. Now I'm done with WoW (again) and headed for either Fallen Earth, LotRO, or Darkfall.

• tehikktehikk Member Posts: 497

Fun combat, fun PvP, needs better crafting, needs better PvE... or at least, needs an X-Pac.

"The question that sometimes drives me hazy: Am I, or the others crazy?" - Albert Einstein

• vmopedvmoped Member Posts: 1,708

Having played the game for over 13 months in closed beta and six months post launch I recently went back as well. I realized in less than an hour why I left. All you do is run around and wait for timers. The combat was fun for about an hour or so, but that became stale as well. I know I have already put alot of time in the game, and they have made some improvements since launch, but honestly the game still has the same boring mechanics and the recent scenario weapons have just pushed more players from orvr into scenarios. To make it worse, most of the scenarios I ran were pug vs premade which was just a slaughter watching 32-newly 40's with less than RR40 getting pummeled by RR80's. They really need to do a better job of seperating the higher RR peeps from lower ones in T4. That has been said since late closed beta and they obviously still refuse to listen, or lack the resources to at this point.

If you are going back enjoy your 10 days if you can, or if you're new try the trial, but it really is the same game from start to finish, just changes in scenario and the boring dungeons.

Cheers from a jaded fan!

MMO Vet since AOL Neverwinter Nights circa 1992. My MMO beat up your MMO. =S

• PurpleCliffPurpleCliff Member UncommonPosts: 156

I've revisited WAR too, and I reckon it's definitely one of the best MMOs around today. They've certainly made a lot of improvements since launch.

Still, not good enough for a $15 subscription.

• MrTRiotMrTRiot Member Posts: 76

WAR is good. No doubt about that but......There isn't much more to WAR then PVP. It's inevitable.

It's Good. But not all the time...

This, coming from someone who just finished a 60 day card and isn't going to continue my second revisit.....

p.s. I know war does have pve but in every situation PVP is better then PVE for loot/exp

• Shatter30Shatter30 Member UncommonPosts: 487

WAR is still lacking in many ways.  It still has a horrible economy and that entire part of the game is vacant and useless including tradeskills.  I play to PVP and while it has that to some degree scenarios often still dont pop(especially during the day) and are sporadic at night.  They have made some good fixes but it still has a way to go before I would resub and I have a RR77 WH I would like to get to RR80

• tro44_1tro44_1 Member Posts: 1,819

why not make WAR into B2P format?