Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

battlestar galactica

TexxyboiTexxyboi Member Posts: 9

has anyone heard anything recent about a possible battlestar galactica mmorpg? i think i remember hearing some rumors about it a while back, but it's been a while. personally, i'd love to be a viper jocky lol

thanks in advance!

Comments

• DracheSCDracheSC Member Posts: 83

In April of 2008, MMOsite.com posted an article stating that a BSG MMO had been announced. Then-Sierra online was to be publishing the title. However, in 2008, Sierra parent company Vivendi Games Universal, which had since been renamed Vivendi Games in 2006, merged with video game publisher Activision to form the Activision Blizzard holding company. Vivendi Games ceased to exist and ownership of Sierra was transferred over to Activision. Later that year, Sierra was closed down for possible future sale.

I doubt we'll ever see it.

Edit:

The game was being developed by Auran Games. Here's some info from their wikipedia entry:

On December 13, 2007, Auran Developments, the team behind Fury, went into voluntary administration.[1][2][3][4] Auran Games (the developer of the Trainz series) will continue to operate, although the majority of staff was laid off resulting in a development team of just three individuals.

True mages don't die. They strategically miscalculate.

• TexxyboiTexxyboi Member Posts: 9

yeah that was the last i had heard of it too... i was kinda hoping someone would pick it up and run with it sooner or later. preferrably sooner.

• DracheSCDracheSC Member Posts: 83

You and me both.

It may find life again some day, but I honestly don't think it will be any time soon.

True mages don't die. They strategically miscalculate.

lookie lookie!!! i know nothing it guaranteed until it hits the shelves (so to speak)... but this is good news if you ask me. i think the article said that NBC is the parent company now... :D

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/27569/GDC_Bigpoint_Announces_Battlestar_MMO_Unity_Partnership_San_Francisco_Office.php

• illanadanillanadan Member Posts: 314

Hate to burst the bubble but MMORPG just did an article on this. There is a BSG game in the works but it will be a browser based game.

Just a heads up.

- Case: Thermaltake Kandalf Black Chassis
    - CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition 3.2GHz (OC'd 4.2GHz on Water Cooling)
    - Memory: Mushkin 8Gb (4x 2Gb) DDR3 1600Mhz
    - HDD: Dual Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB 7200 RPM
    - GFX: (2) XFX Radeon HD 5870 in CrossFire - New upgrade! :)

"I like wow, I like aion and I like AoC all for different reasons.....the later cause i get to see boobs, but still its a reason!!" - Sawlstone

noooooooooooooooooo frak that's DUMB! :(

edit: can anyone link or show me where the MMORPG article regarding this is? i've been searching, and yes used the search (searched battlestar). only thing that popped up was battlestar reloaded, and two old articles. thanks!   nvm, i found it. man that sucks /shrugs back to dreaming about being a viper jocky lol