Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Movement speed and kiting in Tera

Timberwolf0Timberwolf0 Member Posts: 424

I noticed in the Tera Fans Wiki classes decription that the "The lancers are considerably slower than other classes due the sheer weight and size of the shield" and additionally that the slayer will also be slower than other classes. This is worrisome to me, because in PvP ranged classes could kite these poor fellows endlessly. Thoughts?

Comments

• zereelistzereelist Member Posts: 373

They will most likely have skills to make up for the speed,  like a charge or leaping attack.  The weapons they use also have a giant reach which should help.

• KilorTheMeekKilorTheMeek Member Posts: 260

There must be some form of equalizer to compensate for the added defense the lancer would get from having a big shield, and the long reach. 

I really think combat is going to be interesting, especially if they stick to the idea that dodging and parrying (even blocking perhaps?) are a result of player movement, not stats.  Adds an element of difficulty because not only do you have to aim your attack, but you must watch your opponent and try to anticipate where the next attack is coming from to try and move out of its way.  AoC tried to do this, but failed miserably (I cannot count how many times I died in AoC when I was 20 yards away from a barbarian winding up his combo and it still hit me).

Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, then beat you with experience.