Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Guild Wars: What do you lot think of it?

2»

Comments

• SulZeroSulZero Member Posts: 37
    all the expansions will be downloaded to your compuet from the client if there are any you wont need to buy them, like an automatic update
    what do you mean yo cant interact with others players are you on dope there were over 7,000 ppl playing in the last beta, cant interact with other players wat do you know go back to playing POKEMON idiot
  • semanticsemantic Member Posts: 122

Originally posted by Jorev
    As mentioned earlier, GW is not a real MMOG where you can interact with everyone.
    It is more like NWN, basically a combination of single box meets lan, playing with a small circle of friends.

That's actually a pretty good description. It's a LAN party game without having to set up the LAN. And you can connect your LAN to thousands of other LANs around the world and compete with anyone else playing it.

So far at least. We haven't seen the whole thing yet.

what are you on about LAN it aint a local area network its purely online connected to the servers wich ppl over the world can access and are able to playt have you even bloody played the game? ive met frikin every1 from america to japan on that game, LAN stop tryin to be sumink your not a computer wiz.
  • fnysfnys Member Posts: 88

I voted Amazing, I really love thing game, ArenaNet is doing a great job, I can't wait for the release date...

I like the new idea for the interfaces this beta weekend, the new missions, exploring areas, new crafing things, some new emote command animations AND I played PvP & GvG, THAT WAS AWESOME!!!!!!

You guys who voted another option JUST BEACUASE the game have a lot of bugs, DON'T FORGET! It's only in a early beta stage. I'm not saying that you all guy have to vote for "amazing", but I want to see other reasons than "much bugs" & problems ingame.

Guildwars - WSC guild
    -> Ingame: Frigus Fnys
    -> Profession: N/Mo

• MalicusMalicus Member Posts: 307
    Myself I find very minimal bugs and absolutely no lag which is definately amazing. However I hope by release they have deepened some aspects of the game such as more items to craft,more challenging bosses as compared to mobs etc(all very minor issues imo). Seems like a real smart dev team so I think they will. No complaints love the game
  • ratsnackratsnack Member Posts: 2

its free after $50. Its a lot like diablo, its totally action. And its really all about mutliplayer deathmatch. So its a bit different than the other insane 20 bux a month RPGs with new maps and units every week.

What I liked when I tried the beta was that it is nonstop action. The beta I played had no implimintation of item crafting or much trading involved, but you could tell it will be fun and a big part of the game. You will find different items to craft in Quest areas. These are levels that are really fun to play with a group of people, probably your friends and guild members. You fight awesome monsters in amazing graphics that run on even a 1998 gamer machine. I had an nvidia geforce 2 and it was totally teats.

So then the real point of guild wars. You finally build up your character, find some friends, and travel to the arenas. Where groups of people battle each other. This is really fun, unless you lag. Then the game is very pointless. The game runs a lot better in Quest areas where you battle AI, but peer 2 peer connections inside arenas, was very laggy in the betas.

All in all this is the best action time waster imho

regards

fantastic

• Acees88Acees88 Member Posts: 132

Guild wars is a pretty good game, at least when i tested it but there is one catch. The game might not smash the other "big" MMORPG game.

And the worst thing that can happen to the game is that it will not be as good as everybody would hope it be. Lets hop that wont happen. But anyway

Guild Wars is a great game, great graphic and have a good game feeling. Many of you guys have probebly already played the game more than i have, and im pretty sure that some of you know more then me.:)

If you whant to change anything in the game, use the debug mode and write what you whant to change..:)

• KaylonKaylon Member Posts: 13

I really like the game so far.  It has element in it for the simple single player rp types, and also those that want to work with 0ther actual players and not be limited to only having NPC's to work with.

As to comments about no real interaction, that is basically true, in missions and explorable areas.  However, in the citys, you can find all the interaction you could want.  I started my first BWE knowing absolutely no-one who was playing, and by the end of that first weekend, had my friends list nearly half full, and have completely filled it in the last 2. 

Not everyone is intended to be impressed by this game, or inclined to make it a main MMO, but for those, like me, that don't want to have to pay a monthly fee to play a decent game online and make new friends in the process, this was a perfect solution.

I have only seen 2 possible downsides to the game thusfar.  First is that you will basically have to start your characters all over at the full release, so if you spend too much time in Betas working on one, it will probably be very disheartening.  Second is that you will invariably run into those that expect for everyone else online to have done everything in the game at least once and already know what needs to be done and when.  Those types make it hard for newer players, or those that have not been on as much as they have and not aquired all the necessary intel on a particular mission, quest, etc.., to really be able to enjoy working within a team structure.  After all, the whole point of a team is working together, and not berating the other members becaue they have a slower connection than you, or because they have not quite gotten the hang of their characters and abilities yet.

On the other side of the coin, you can choose to spend the betas working on finding the best classes and skill arrangements for your own particular style of play, thus allowing you to begin at the full release with a great idea of how and what you will be playing.  This and the fact that I have found many helpful and friendly people online during the betas as well as those described earlier.  In that respect, the cooperative missions and team battles can be very fun, and can make for some great gaming experiences compared to the same battles or missions with only NPC's to back you up.

All in all, I believe I will enjoy this game for a very long time.  AS for those that don't like it for whatever reason, all I can say is that you are entitled to your opinions, and I salute you for giving them them.  :)  *just wish you could do so in a more constructive, or at least less de-contructive manner as some of the posts I have seen on here*

• XardasteoXardasteo Member Posts: 159

Well, i must say for the only costs of $50 dollars once, its the best u can get in the MMORPG's for this money. I even like it better then WoW (must say i have no idea why ppl say WoW is so cool ::::21:: ). only 2 bad that u have 2 earn ur Activation-code 2 the beta week-ends now-a-days ::::16:: . but, 28 April is getting more close then ever, VIVA GuildWars !!! ::::08:: .

Greetings,

Xardasteo

Grtz,

Xardasteo

Leader of the MindRebels Alliance

Our Guild & Forum
    -----------------------------------------

hey i'am sweet until the release i had like 10 keys and now i got 2 left which 1 ive used for the march beta and have one left for the last and final one. so i well chuffedimage
  • XardasteoXardasteo Member Posts: 159

Originally posted by SulZero
    hey i'am sweet until the release i had like 10 keys and now i got 2 left which 1 ive used for the march beta and have one left for the last and final one. so i well chuffedimage

u have any idea where i can get one ::::03:: , i gave up after trying like 10 links on the GW-homepage ::::27:: ,

ty very much ::::14::

greetings,

Xardasteo

Grtz,

Xardasteo

Leader of the MindRebels Alliance

Our Guild & Forum
    -----------------------------------------