Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Facts on perfume due to all the confustion here:

vmopedvmoped Member Posts: 1,708

Perfumes are sold for:

$.25 individually, or

$3 for 20 perfumes.

Each perfume lasts 30 minutes.

They provide various buffs and make you immune to the death penalty.

The endgame will not cost you $5 an hour, or even $3 and hour (unless as stated below) as many here claim.

You can remove FoD at npcs around the world as well for ingame money (about 3.5 gold which is easy to obtain at 40).

You can get perfumes from a daily quest that requires ~30 mins to complete

You do not need to have perfumes active outside of PvP or Instanced/heroice/Astral PvE that you are unable to get to an npc to remove the debuff. All other activities like socializing, travel, crafting etc... do not require perfumes. Everyone assumes that you can only play endgame with a perfume active. That is ridiculous and foolish logic unless you are in the above situations 100% of the time.

All the crying about this games cash shop and FoD is based mainly on incorrect or incomplete information. If you like the game play it and find out for yourself, if you dont like it or refuse to pay then quit. Its just a game and free to try/play (mileage will vary, Ive gotten to lv 21 so far without spending a dime and no need to yet).

Cheers!

MMO Vet since AOL Neverwinter Nights circa 1992. My MMO beat up your MMO. =S

Comments

• drbaltazardrbaltazar Member UncommonPosts: 7,856

bha!your loosing your time ser trying to explain !i ve put many tread here trying to explain the system but everytime there is always a naysayer the game suck because there is a cs period

yep!its silly i know !some didnt even bother to try the game because there was a cs and when they saw the price and most pvp player said those would be mandatory to be at the top of the lather lot of player got chickened out without ever reaching

the level where these supposed item are mandatory!

allod is a great game but some scared the player away not to other game but completelly outside

and they went to see greenery !witch im happy to say is that in it self a good idea i might actually follow!

• penguinmanepenguinmane Member Posts: 73

so what actually is the perfume?

various buffs don't really explain it...

and whats the fod penality?

does it format your computer when you die?

im very curious and just wanting to know might make me want to play altoids online :|

• nagash303nagash303 Member Posts: 20

with lvl 15 you get the initation quest. after completion you know who your martyr is. You now know which runes to use in armor and weapons, and on usage of perfumes you connect to your martyr and get the buffs.

The buffs are extra health and mana (percentage added), protection from fear of death, dot damage ticks delayed, and 1 other i cannot remember at the moment.

Later you will get quests that will intense the connection to your martyr further > level2 > level3. As I only made it to lvl35 in the CBT, and 23 in the OB I dont know what buffs look like with lvl2 or lvl3 protection. Infact they involve the item shop as far as i know.

• TyrrhonTyrrhon Member Posts: 412

So when perfume is so cheap and voluntary how exactly is publisher going to make money?

• LobotomistLobotomist Member EpicPosts: 5,965

What about the rumor that they are removing meditation skill (mana regeneration)

And replacing it with parfume buff related skill ?

Playing any kind of caster is almost impossible without meditation ( Imagine playing mage in WOW without water. Basically your mana is gone after 2 mobs killed )

• xenoracexenorace Member UncommonPosts: 205

I play a summoner and I am level 19 right now. If I go all out and just continue with stopping I can get through 4-5 mobs before mana becomes an issue. The game does have food and water that, out of combat, can be activated and regen health or mana within a short time. Personally the perfumes are a nice bonus, but I can say right now they are not 100% needed at my current level. I mostly like them JUST for the 20% regen boost, other then that I could care less.

I am enjoying the game, and I do intend to spend money once I get a little farther along. They just recently lowered all prices for many items in the CS due to community complaints, which leads me to believe they at least give a little damn about us.

Really the biggest problem with the game is the gold spammers. Without a "right click, ban" option the gold spammers get rather annoying real fast. Logged on last night and before anything I had to copy/paste 7 spammers names right off the bat and block them. Once you start to get to the higher level areas spammers don't bother you.

So in conclusion: Cash Shop = not mandatory and seems more balanced now

Spammers = need to be taken care of

S.C.I.F.I
    <Sights, Clouded, In, False, Illusions>

You realise that water and food , are poor alternative to meditation skill that is being removed from all caster classes (in order to force them to buy perfumes)

The nerf to casters is so big because of that fact , now melee classes can "grind" uninterrupted. While casters have to wait 2 minutes between 3 mob kills. Or constantly burn credits to buy consumables.

This will make caster classes incredibly unpopular.

While laughingly melee classes do not suffer from this nerf ( i mean if they nerfed the skills intentionally to force people using shop. Why not nerf all the classes ? )

And as for gold sellers.

Yesterday on eu servers Zone chat was unusable because of spam. And GMs didnt do nothing at all , for hours.

It amazes me that G-Potato got game rivaling WOW on their hands, but cannot get their heads out of their arses and start handling it with professionality it deserves

• ZixoZixo Member Posts: 15
    Originally posted by Lobotomist

It amazes me that G-Potato got game rivaling WOW on their hands, but cannot get their heads out of their arses and start handling it with professionality it deserves

Well said ! I ve quit due the lack of GMs work on EU forums when this "russian-racist"  think started to happen in many many threads it was disgusting and I never saw so much hate ..... what a community .. ( i m not russian but I would give my acc to any russiam to play the game without beying banned)... Also there isnt much promising I mean  they dont know how to make a solid balanced game but they know how to kill it...

• n00bitn00bit Member UncommonPosts: 345

You realise that water and food , are poor alternative to meditation skill that is being removed from all caster classes (in order to force them to buy perfumes)
    The nerf to casters is so big because of that fact , now melee classes can "grind" uninterrupted. While casters have to wait 2 minutes between 3 mob kills. Or constantly burn credits to buy consumables.
    This will make caster classes incredibly unpopular.
    While laughingly melee classes do not suffer from this nerf ( i mean if they nerfed the skills intentionally to force people using shop. Why not nerf all the classes ? )

And as for gold sellers.
    Yesterday on eu servers Zone chat was unusable because of spam. And GMs didnt do nothing at all , for hours.

Most caster classes in WoW don't have full mana regen abilities on demand....yet they're quite popular, and so is the game.

Allod's melee classes have to buy food to heal their health, casters(good ones, anyhow) generally don't get hit during combat, so their only need is food for mana. Basically: Melee buy health food, casters buy mana food - why was it fair that casters get a full mana restore to keep grinding, but melee doesn't get a full health restore?

[Mod Edit]

• jimsmith08jimsmith08 Member Posts: 1,039

Exactly what does the perfume give you outside of FoD immunity? I read that it boosts you in all kinds of ways. Along with that, how about the cash shop potions? Do they give you large buffs as well?

• zeuseasonzeuseason Member UncommonPosts: 69

This is only a small part of the game's poor design.  Small but important for those with end game in mind.  It begs the question....why play this beacuse of this when you can play other games for less and simpler mechanics?

Originally posted by n00bit

Most caster classes in WoW don't have full mana regen abilities on demand....yet they're quite popular, and so is the game.
    Allod's melee classes have to buy food to heal their health, casters(good ones, anyhow) generally don't get hit during combat, so their only need is food for mana. Basically: Melee buy health food, casters buy mana food - why was it fair that casters get a full mana restore to keep grinding, but melee doesn't get a full health restore?
    [Mod Edit]

Very much not true

If you are playing melee class that gets down 1/2 health when attacking simple mob , you are doing something wrong.

You might have to use food after killing 10+ mobs

Caster classes however (and i am not talking hybrid casters) lose 1/2 mana on one simple mob.

So its more like

Melee classes use food after 10 kills

Caster classes use food after 2 kills

Its 500% more down time for caster class

Got the picture ?

• sushimeessushimees Member Posts: 489

Originally posted by n00bit

[Mod Edit]

Very much not true

If you are playing melee class that gets down 1/2 health when attacking simple mob , you are doing something wrong.

You might have to use food after killing 10+ mobs

Caster classes however (and i am not talking hybrid casters) lose 1/2 mana on one simple mob.

So its more like

Melee classes use food after 10 kills

Caster classes use food after 2 kills

Its 500% more down time for caster class

Got the picture ?

Mana wouldn't be a problem in Allods if the itemization wouldn't be so random. I'm a lvl 23 mage and the latest gear that I can get leaves me with 1600 mana. Sure, I could buy some other items to increase my mana but that will hit my other stats real hard.