Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

A 2-week noob's opinion befoer shut down...

MadTwoMadTwo Member Posts: 6

Auto Assault reminded me of a cross between Diablo and Auto Duel (remember that one?  yes, I *am* old).  Personally, I highly enjoyed it.

It was a fast-paced, fun game which lent itself well to casual gamers.

The crafting was certainly complex enough to intrigue those drawn to the artisan archetype. 

All in all, this was a very fun game, but didn't seem to encourage much in the way of grouping and the quick-paced, non-stop "hack and slash" nature of the game seemed to make it a little shallow and at times overwhelming,

I do, however, have one major gripe:  even though the retailer I bought it from (Microcenter), sold it for just $6 and included the audio CD and free headphone/mic set, they didn't tell buyers the game was scheduled to be cancelled.  The did the same thing with an old version of DAoC (sold the outdated, non-working version for really cheap).

Anyway, I'll miss you, Auto Assault.  Here's to hoping you come back later in a new and improved version when the market is more open to such a game.

Comments

• BigHatLoganBigHatLogan Member Posts: 688

walmart still sells it for 30 bucks...

Are you a Pavlovian Fish Biscuit Addict? Get Help Now!
    I will play no more MMORPGs until somethign good comes out!

• badgerbadgerbadgerbadger Member Posts: 148

Was autoduel one of the Car Wars games?

• DraxonflyDraxonfly Member UncommonPosts: 126

I thought the game was pretty good myself.. something different... I am sad to see it go..

The local EB games store still have it on the shelf for sale at $40 AU ... tut tut...

• nervinervi Member UncommonPosts: 51

Autoduel on the atari 800xl ROCKED!!!

• CapnSwallowsCapnSwallows Member Posts: 47

I can imagine it now,a guy who knows nothing about the game buys it,takes atleast a couple of hrs installing it,and then he starts the game up,in the news section it says,THE GAME WILL BE SHUTDOWN IN 1 WEEK. F**********CK!!!!!

• BigHatLoganBigHatLogan Member Posts: 688

I can imagine some parent buying it for their kid for christmas....and the kid crying on christmas morning.  Its gonna happen to someone, you can bet on that.

Are you a Pavlovian Fish Biscuit Addict? Get Help Now!
    I will play no more MMORPGs until somethign good comes out!

• Shadow-PhaxShadow-Phax Member UncommonPosts: 11

Originally posted by badgerbadger

Was autoduel one of the Car Wars games?

Yep. Autoduel was based on Car Wars. It was a great game for it's time. It's still fun to play and you might be able to find it somewhere on the Internet. I played it and every time I started the game, I would go to Atlantic City and gamble until I won a million bucks.

Shadow-Phax

Originally posted by nervi

Autoduel on the atari 800xl ROCKED!!!

It also rocked on the Amiga and C-64. I can only image how cool a modern version of this game would be. I thought Auto Assault might be it but it turned out to be a dud.

Shadow-Phax

Originally posted by MadTwo

Auto Assault reminded me of a cross between Diablo and Auto Duel (remember that one?  yes, I *am* old).  Personally, I highly enjoyed it.

It was a fast-paced, fun game which lent itself well to casual gamers.

The crafting was certainly complex enough to intrigue those drawn to the artisan archetype. 

All in all, this was a very fun game, but didn't seem to encourage much in the way of grouping and the quick-paced, non-stop "hack and slash" nature of the game seemed to make it a little shallow and at times overwhelming,
    I do, however, have one major gripe:  even though the retailer I bought it from (Microcenter), sold it for just $6 and included the audio CD and free headphone/mic set, they didn't tell buyers the game was scheduled to be cancelled.  The did the same thing with an old version of DAoC (sold the outdated, non-working version for really cheap).

Anyway, I'll miss you, Auto Assault.  Here's to hoping you come back later in a new and improved version when the market is more open to such a game.

I'd be hard pressed to compare this game to Autoduel. Autoduel had a plot and a purpose. It was a true RPG. Auto Assault was more of an action game with a few role playing elements thrown in.

I'm sure someone out there will hack this game all kinds of ways so you can play it on a private server. That's where they screwed up. They should have had some single player campaigns and make it playable on private servers. They could also have paid severs with extra content.

Shadow-Phax

• OrtogOrtog Member Posts: 22

There is something similar Hard Truck Apocalypse , publishers site www.nival.com/and you can find a digital download of both Hard truck apocalypse and rise of the clans in this site: www.gamersgate.com/

• herculeshercules Member UncommonPosts: 4,924

Seen it on gamestation in UK for £20.Did point out to the manager that the game is no longer playable.He did not really get what i meant by a mmo!!

However,when i mentioned it was like WoW playble he seems to get the idea hehe.