Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Starcraft II Beta

ErythrocyteErythrocyte Member Posts: 103

I know this isn't a MMO (Starcraft II), so I'm posting this here in the non-MMORPG forum.  I mostly only play MMOs, but since I was at BlizzCon the last couple of years, I got an invite into the Starcraft II beta.  I didn't really have much interest in it other than for the fact that it's widely believed that one of the next MMOs from Blizzard will be a Starcraft MMO.  I have a friend that loves this kind of third-person tactical game, so I gave it a try.  Without comparing it to the original Starcraft (since I never played that), and realizing it's much more automated (I'm not trying to get a comparison going versus the original), I have to say it's a ton of fun.  It almost seems strange that it's a beta, other than some tweaking and balancing that Blizzard is doing, for the PvP portion that you can play in beta, it feels pretty bug free.  I'm having much more fun than I expected.  Anyone else here playing it?

Comments

• HolgranthHolgranth Member Posts: 380
    Originally posted by Erythrocyte

I know this isn't a MMO (Starcraft II), so I'm posting this here in the non-MMORPG forum.  I mostly only play MMOs, but since I was at BlizzCon the last couple of years, I got an invite into the Starcraft II beta.  I didn't really have much interest in it other than for the fact that it's widely believed that one of the next MMOs from Blizzard will be a Starcraft MMO.  I have a friend that loves this kind of third-person tactical game, so I gave it a try.  Without comparing it to the original Starcraft (since I never played that), and realizing it's much more automated (I'm not trying to get a comparison going versus the original), I have to say it's a ton of fun.  It almost seems strange that it's a beta, other than some tweaking and balancing that Blizzard is doing, for the PvP portion that you can play in beta, it feels pretty bug free.  I'm having much more fun than I expected.  Anyone else here playing it?

I playedthe origional and am desperatley awaiting that sweet sweet invite myself. However yes when it comes to the RTS titles Blizzard generally COMPLETELY finishes the single player modes before beta and actually uses beta as a true beta.

Testing and retesting the multiplayer untill its good enough. I play MMO's primarily but I have to admit when it comes down to player vs player compitition I generally go play and RTS.

Dem hibbies! Dey be wrong!

• CelebiCelebi Member Posts: 53

Thanks for sharing! really excited about this ...

• rmdakermdake Member Posts: 1

I got my beta invite last week.  I went into without playing the first one.  I had been playing alot of Age of Empires 3 so I decided it won't hurt to give it a try.   It is suprisingly fun though difficult.  Even in the Lowest League they have currently, I have alot of trouble dealing with various opponents because there is tons of strategies.

• expressoexpresso Member UncommonPosts: 2,218

The league system is genious, you get to play against players of your skill level and the hi-end players cannot create an alt account just to smash lower level players cus they must play 10 ranking games before they are ranked, and if they purposly lose all 10 game to get ranked into the low levels after a couple of wins in the low league they will be promoted to where they belong.

For those not in beta there is a crack floating about that lets you play again "super easy" AI.

For those who like to watch the game with good commentary subscribe to his guys youtube http://www.youtube.com/user/BlizShouter , he posts several per day and I am learning so much about the new units and strategies to use once I am let lose on battle net 2.0

In the mean time R.U.S.E open beta is avaliable on steam.