Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

My Opinion of Bioware and its future games.

12345679»

Comments

• greed0104greed0104 Member Posts: 2,134
    Originally posted by chrisel

Enjoy your hell. SW-TOR will fail. I predicted fail for STO; it became epic fail worthy a place in Guiness book of records. I predict a fail for SW-TOR. Hopefully it becomes epic too, beating the STO failure for another place in Guiness.

Slow down Nostradamus.

The game can go either way, it's in BioWares hands. You can predict nothing without the necessary information to do so. You have no clue how successful or how much STO has failed, is it making profit? Just because it's not a personal success does not mean the game has ultimately failed as a whole. It just means it has failed you.

Good luck with TSW, Funcom is so awesome and amazing all their games are so successful. You really know how to pick them.

• WickedjellyWickedjelly Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 4,990
    Originally posted by chrisel

Enjoy your hell. SW-TOR will fail. I predicted fail for STO; it became epic fail worthy a place in Guiness book of records. I predict a fail for SW-TOR. Hopefully it becomes epic too, beating the STO failure for another place in Guiness.

Who didn't predict STO would be bad especially after they saw what Cryptic did with CO?  Anyways, if you want to talk about failure the standouts much more than STO would have to be Warhammer, AoC, and Vanguard.  Least of the last couple years anyways.

1. For god's sake mmo gamers, enough with the analogies. They're unnecessary and your comparisons are terrible, dissimilar, and illogical.

2. To posters feeling the need to state how f2p really isn't f2p: Players understand the concept. You aren't privy to some secret the rest are missing. You're embarrassing yourself.

3. Yes, Cpt. Obvious, we're not industry experts. Now run along and let the big people use the forums for their purpose.

• Maverz290Maverz290 Member Posts: 447

I don't understand. Why are two RPG's and their skill system being compared to an MMORPG? Thats just stupid.

Of course they are going to have more than four grades of a skill. They've hired people who have worked on pretty much the highest MMO's on the list, it's been said before. Just google it.

What they are doing is writing a story, Bioware style, which you can change conditions of probably, as usual with your choices. Then on top of that, using a working formula to create the open MMO world you expect. I imagine it'll be somewhere like the size of WoW's zones, or more like AoC's. Not as big as SWG's sadly, but I reckon the first example would suit their goals better.

Im adopting a wait and see approach. It won't fail, hell, STO didn't fail, your expectations failed you. Don't make the same mistake again! Plus if Swtor is REALLY good, you'll be in awe.

Longing for Skyrim, The Old Republic and Mass Effect 3

• Vagrant_ZeroVagrant_Zero Member Posts: 1,190

To each their own I guess. I personally think Bethesda are a bunch of hacks. Never enjoyed a single game from them. Bioware rocks them so hard in the RPG department.

• HELLBITCHHELLBITCH Member Posts: 87

Oh so you're a Prophet? Dude, I agree Bethesda has a "better" game design to adapt into an MMO but Bioware are MASTERS at storytelling, and what has been lacking in MMOs since quite a few years? just that,  a decent storytelling (and yes i think WOWs handling of lore SUCKS)

• omomeomome Member Posts: 203

Simply put, Bioware is the next Blizzard.

• ryan1285ryan1285 Member Posts: 20

Hey if Rogue Warrior is any sign of how Bethesda's mmorpg will perform than they will fail. Heheh but in all seriousness Bethesda and Bioware tackle the rpg in very different ways. Bethesda is all about an open world with a few quest lines. Lots of fun but not exactly the enthralling story driven gameplay you get from bioware games. They are my two favourite game developers though with blizzard in a close 3rd down because of wow. Diablo 3/SC2 could change that.

• brostynbrostyn Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,092

I enjoyed NWN. That's about the only Bioware game I've ever liked. DA:O I really disliked, and ME was meh. I didn't even bother with ME2 after the let down of Dragon Age.

I'm still hopeful that TOR will rule.

• JamkullJamkull Member UncommonPosts: 214

well, you seem to like bethesda games more-so which is understandable, I love games from both Bioware and Bethesda because of each company's different focuses.  Bioware focuses more on intricate story development with your character as well as party members to help give the story more depth and meaning.  The character development i find it to be fine but not the greatest.  But that isn't their main focus.

Bethesda provides a much more open ended world as well as character development, they have always been king of this aspect.  They have been picking up their skills in story development as well with each new game.  But the stories and the interaction with your character is still a bit too cookie cutter or generic.  Even with oblivion the characters movements and overall actions seems robotic, somewhat lifeless.  But it's a game... sort of expected.  But compared to Bioware which have much better animation and interactions with the main player.  As well as more defining story elements and cinematics.

it depends on what you are looking for...

And i hope bethesda makes a MMO soon as well.  It would be nice to have all of Tamriel to explore in an open world.  with a pure sandbox environment. It would be the spiritual successor to Asheron's Call, IMO.

I personally don't restrict myself like some and like to enjoy various types of games.  all depends on the mood...

• ZarkanarZarkanar Member Posts: 55

Okay, since when is 60 hours short? Sixty hours is...an extremely long time to be playing a game. Dude, that's three straight days, and it's a single-player story-driven experience!

In any case, yes, Bioware games are always linear, lacking any sort of swimming/jumping or immersive mechanic, but some people don't mind. Perhaps you should just sit patiently and wait for Bethesda to finally come out with a new RPG. Nobody else really does them.

------------------------
    Everyone on this site:
    1: MMORPGs are DOOMED, and I have the answers to save them!
    2: THIS game's gonna kill WoW!
    3: I wish things would go back to the Golden Age of MMORPGs, which only existed in my mind...

• RoosterNashRoosterNash Member Posts: 283

BW has confirmed that jumping will happen. I'm almost positive swimming will.

THE Rooster Nash