Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Warhammer 40k and Blizzard

2»

Comments

• Praxus1874Praxus1874 Member Posts: 152
    Originally posted by fanita

Originally posted by Praxus1874

Originally posted by fanita

No playable vehicles? That's ridiculous, the 40 K universe is absolutely littered with vehicles and they have always been the main thing that I focused on when playing the tabletop.
    Really a sad state of affairs if that rumour is true.

While it is somewhat disappointing, you have to recognize that they need to create a feasible scope for the game.  I don't think it's realistic to create a solid base game, as well as vehicles, for an initial release.

I don't know about you, but I would rather have a solid game without vehicles than a crappy game with vehicles.  I commend them for limiting themselves to a realistic scale for release.

Prax

You have a good point. I suppose the biggest thing I'm sceptical about is how they are going to portray the massive battles and unimaginable bloodshed in an RPG format. WAR really failed at that in my opinion.

I totally agree with that.  They'll need to do a few things, in my opinion, to create the feel of epic battles in WH40k

• Vehicles - Even NPC vehicles, deployable vehicles, something.  Siege weaponry of some sort.  Even if  we won't get drivable vehicles in the first release, they should still be present.
    • Minimum 3 faction PvP - The tug of war between two factions is what made WAR PvP boring and predictable imo.  The posted rumor suggests 4 factions, and I hope they all oppose each other.
    • Small game world - Many won't agree with this.  But I think of WAR and how there were so many areas that the population was spread too thin for large-scale PvP.  All roads need to lead to a center location for PvP, and that rumor we have posted in this thread is a good start.
    • Real progression and rewards for PvP - WAR didn't provide enough incentive for PvP for me.  The gear rewards were lame, and there was no real benefit to capturing locations, since end-game PvP was broken.  At least at release. 

Just some ideas there.  

Prax

• DracheSCDracheSC Member Posts: 83
    Originally posted by sinjin

Originally posted by Kost

Originally posted by sinjin

The new activision-blizzard mmo was announced last week, I don't have a link but will find it and repost it here.  It is a Call of Duty/War style mmo. 

Absolutely false.

If the game had truly been announced, it would have made the front page news of every single MMO news site on the net. If you read something related to an announcement then it was nothing more than speculation.

http://www.wired.com/gamelife/2009/11/call-of-duty-mmo/

Why would I fucking lie about something so stupid.

PS. Blizz already said it would floor people on the IP and be totally different from anythign out to date.  This would only make logical sense, don't gripe becuase it is not something you could have imagined and just embrace it.

Don't gripe and just embrace it? Sorry, but I have an opinion, and I will make it heard when and where I feel like making it heard...

Anyway! As others have posted, this article has jack-shit to do with Blizzard's up-coming MMO, that they are ALREADY WORKING ON. The article you linked states that Activision is considering adopting CoD into an MMO.

So, again, it has nothing to do with the MMO Blizzard is working on.

And it is quite rude to tell people to STFU and like whatever they put out. Telling people what to do is rude enough, but trying to preemptively replace their own opinion with your own is just plain annoying.

kthxbai

True mages don't die. They strategically miscalculate.

• JoliustJoliust Member Posts: 1,329

When it comes to vehicles I would be excited for even the old idea of "Support tanks as they advance"/"Destroy enemy tanks before they reach X or destroy X" as long as it is done right. As long as tanks/vehicles are not just guard/patrols or bosses in a dungeon.

Sent me an email if you want me to mail you some pizza rolls.