Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Two new players looking for tips

omnicosmomnicosm Member Posts: 3

A friend and I want to start playing this game, but I can't find very much info on starting out as a duo or something similar.  Should we choose the same race, bloodline, ancestry?  Can you group for quests, or whatever it is you do in this game?  I'm reading the evelopedia right now.  Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• HorusraHorusra Member EpicPosts: 4,411

you can be whatever you want...but the race you choose determines where you start from.  So you could have to spend the first hour or so getting together if you choose different groups.  As to "quest" they are missions.  One person talks to an agent and get the mission.  He must complete the mission but the rewards can be shared with his fleet or he can keep it for himself.  So you can both do the same missions and get the standing, isk, and loyalty point rewards.

• omnicosmomnicosm Member Posts: 3
    Originally posted by Horusra

you can be whatever you want...but the race you choose determines where you start from.  So you could have to spend the first hour or so getting together if you choose different groups.  As to "quest" they are missions.  One person talks to an agent and get the mission.  He must complete the mission but the rewards can be shared with his fleet or he can keep it for himself.  So you can both do the same missions and get the standing, isk, and loyalty point rewards.

Awesome thank you.  So if we choose the same race, but different bloodline, and ancestry, we will still start in the same place?  I am reading elsewhere that doing missions is not so good of a way to be productive in the game?  Oh well, that's all I really need to know.  Going to be jumping in the game soon.  Thanks again!

• ndodgendodge Member UncommonPosts: 55

The three most important things to know (imo):

Don't fly what you can't afford to lose. If you invest all your money in a single ship and it gets destroyed, you won't be having a good day.

If you aren't sure if you will need to warp out of an encounter from taking too much damage, right away align your ship to the station or whatever it is you will warp to. this can mean the difference between taking your ship there or taking your pod there.

Always assume someone is trying to take your money. If a deal ever seems to be a good one, odds are they're ripping you off. Pay close attention to whatever you do with your money.

As for starting out in a duo, that'll work fine. You can share loot amongst yourselves, mission rewards, form a miner-hauler team, etc. More often that not, it is better to fly in a group than to fly alone. Race and bloodline have no real bearing on the game other than where you start and who with. If you wish to be together from the start, make characters from the same race.

I play in a sandbox.

• omnicosmomnicosm Member Posts: 3

Thanks ndodge, all I needed to know for now, we will be jumping in game in a few hours.

• MalcanisMalcanis Member UncommonPosts: 3,297
    Originally posted by omnicosm

Thanks ndodge, all I needed to know for now, we will be jumping in game in a few hours.

You will never know all you need to know ;)

Give me liberty or give me lasers

• cosycosy Member UncommonPosts: 3,228

welcome to eve online

BestSigEver :P

• sadeyxsadeyx Member UncommonPosts: 1,555

Its great that you have someone to start playing with, it will help a lot.

But dont forget to get involved with your starting corp.  Lots of players in there all in the same boat as you, all asking the same type of questions

• ereb0sereb0s Member UncommonPosts: 17

for all new players i highly suggest joining a corp that will help you learn the game itself since it does have a pretty big learning curve one corp out there for  that is eve university they been out there for awhile they can help ya with everythin u need to know

http://www.eve-ivy.com/wiki/index.php?title=Applying_to_EVE_University

• VultureSkullVultureSkull Member UncommonPosts: 1,774
    Originally posted by Horusra

I would just like to say

1) that it iwill not take an hour to get to each other, more like 20 minutes maximum if that. So choose what ever race each of you fancy. Then decide who meets who, then meet up and take it from there.

2) When doing agent missions it is better if you take it in turns to accpet missions otherwise one of you(theone not taking the missions) will not progress with the agents. As when you do missions you gain loyalty with the agents corp and the aim is to get to level 4 agent missions.