Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So... How is Dragons of Norrath?

neschrianeschria Member UncommonPosts: 1,406

What's the good and bad of this latest expansion, for those of you who have it? What are the new zones like? Are the new guild tools as cool as they sound?

This is where I draw the line: __________________.

Comments

• OdenathusOdenathus Member UncommonPosts: 605

DoN
    For me, it's been entertaining. Haven't gone indepth as others in my guild, I have more interest, currently in other zones, however, DoN is in my future.

DoN, the graphics are excellent, the playability is good (smooth, haven't noticed any lag) and the exp for doing missions is high!

Missions in DoN: kinda torn on this, have accepted two "good" (good as opposed to evil) missions. First mission was fairly simple, enter the bloodfields, the instance zone, kill mobs to collect X items, find your way out. Finding our way out of the instance was a bear. The exit is a slighty hard to see cave exit that can be randomly anywhere in the dungeon, from areas you have explored to sections you haven't cleared yet, you HAVE to exit out the correct exit to get credit. 33 crystals later and 1 faction crystal...

Second mission was.... painfully fun! 5 hours and 15 minutes to complete. Zoned into some floating city and had to find/combine 3 poison vials and then place them in the correct locations. Couldn't find the second vial, but by the time we did, we'd cleared half the city, so placing it was a breeze. Earned 45 crystals, didn't get the faction crystal cause I didn't turn my last one in and they are lore.

So, DoN, so far, for me, it's just a large LDoN on a different timer. Haven't seen what the gear you can buy is, cause SOE took the crystal merchants out, do to an exploit...

----------------------------------------
    My dog barks some. Mentally you picture my dog, but I have not told you the type of dog which I have. Perhaps you even picture Toto, from "The Wizard of Oz." But I warn you, my dog is always with me.

• EffectEffect Member UncommonPosts: 949

Sounds cool. I loved LDON, has to be my favorite expansion beside Luclin. Once I starting playing again I'm going to have to order DoN. For the missions, do you have to travel to different zones in order to zone into the instance dungeons like you have to do for the LDON missions? Or is everything in the same place?

What came would you compare the new graphics to, if that's possible?