Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What was your very first console ever?

2»

Comments

• haelikothhaelikoth Member Posts: 116

My first console was a NES which was called a Family Computer here. i remember it came with a 22 in 1 cartridge.

• J_HurryJ_Hurry Member UncommonPosts: 230

Coleco Telstar Combat (1977)

My father brought this bad boy home 32 years ago that forever changed my life.

LGM Alchemist (Legendary Grandmaster)
  • ChrisMatternChrisMattern Member Posts: 1,478

Originally posted by purewitz
    My first console was the Atari 2600. Got it way back in 1982, I was like 4 years old.  It was the one with the plastic and wooden case. Not the revamped version  that came later. I remember playing Breakout, Pac-Man, Adventure, Combat, and even the infamous E.T. movie game. How about you guys? What was your very first console ever?

I started video gaming in arcades and on my PC, so I was late to consoles. First one was a Super Nintendo, which I got because they were porting Street Fighter II to it.

• russfrazrussfraz Member Posts: 5

Intellivision -Had every game,even the voice box and games that  went with it(Bomb Squad)Sound!It had SOUND!

"How FORTUNATE For RULERS That MEN Do Not THINK"

• lakers4lifelakers4life Member Posts: 4

Super Nintendo...Though it was my brother's to begin with but it was passed down onto me like a family heirloom.

Mario Kart FTW.

• ChealarChealar Member Posts: 268

Sega Game Gear...

• ChrisMatternChrisMattern Member Posts: 1,478

Originally posted by Chealar
    Sega Game Gear...

Heh. Still have mine. Speaker's shot, but everything else is fine and you can always use earphones...

• ChealarChealar Member Posts: 268

Well, mostly it makes me realize my age... *sighs* But yes I have very fond memories of this ocnsole and some of the games.

• blondehblondeh Member UncommonPosts: 540

I had an Atari 2600. It was the al black one. My friend had the brown and black one.

I'd pretend to be ill so I could skip Church on Sundays. I'd sit at home and play Centepede and Space Invaders  Man my thumbs used to hurt after a long period of pressing that red button on the control stick.

• NizurNizur Member CommonPosts: 1,417

My first was also an Atari 2600. My dad bought it and I was hooked on video games ever since. We had games like Pac-man, Space Invaders, Berserk, Jordan v Bird, Dragster, Pitfall and Combat.

Current: None
    Played: WoW, CoX, SWG, LotRO, EVE, AoC, VG, CO, Ryzom, DF, WAR
    Tried: Lineage2, Dofus, EQ2, CoS, FE, UO, Wurm, Wakfu
    Future: The Repopulation, ArcheAge, Black Desert, EQN

• PedrobPedrob Member UncommonPosts: 172

Commodore 64, then the original Atari, then the 2600, then NES, Famicon, Sega Genesis...and every console after that...

• SymanthaSymantha Member Posts: 4

Man, I feel so young. The first console I ever played on was a Super Nitendo. My family had a Nitendo but my sister had reign over that one haha.

• FrEaK411FrEaK411 Member Posts: 3

My first console was the original Play-station. My parents had gotten it for me, when I was really sick as a young child. I had only the Game-Boy Pocket at the time. That thing brought some good times, and PLENTY of amazing games. I still play a lot of them on my PS2 (Fatty). 

• BrenelaelBrenelael Member UncommonPosts: 3,821

My first was this:

We got it around 1975 I think... I was like 6 or 7 when my older brother first brought it home. Later in 1978 we got this:

Spent hours glued to the TV playing Combat, Space Invaders and Asteroids. Great times...great times. Since I've owned almost every console up until the PS 1. Then I took a break from consoles until about 2 years ago I got a XBox 360 for my kids and I to play on.

Bren

while(horse==dead)
    {
    beat();
    }

• Kozmo14Kozmo14 Member UncommonPosts: 53

My first console ever was the NES back in 1989. How I miss 2d gaming.....><

Games. Music. Metal. ROLL TIDE!!!