Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hows the new pvp patch???????

RagemasterRagemaster Member UncommonPosts: 131

Hey im thinking about trying this game out again, but apparnetly i missed the march 1st deadline... damnit. Anyhow, wanted to know how the pvp is going.  I played a few months ago and it was clear restuss was becoming pretty dead, I guess people were sick of it. Do you find the pvp is good ? Is it more spread out instead of being focused in restuss?

Overall, do you think the GCW part ONE revamp is a success or failure, and why.

I read a devblog about exciting changes coming specifcally regarding class balance and abilities, something that even teesquared himself addmited they had ignored for FAR TOO LONG.

As a day one vet, and elder master ch, Im really hoping they wont fuck over bms like they have in the past. Our profession needs a complete expertise revamp, along with several bug fixes, and a lower barrier to entry, because lets face it, who wants to grind pets to 90 and BFF.. I macroed my pet AFK to 90, all 4 of them, and on average it took about 2 days RL or 48 hours in a good afk group.

So yeah, im kind of on the edge here atm, if the pvp has picked up, and their gonna actully take alook at the BM profession, i might come back. Just look at the past notes in the patch notes, go to find, click  on ur browser, type in beastmaster, and youll see maybe 1 or 2 odd notes or bug fixes PER MONTHLY Publish. in fact, BM has not had a single major rebalance or examination ( besides major bugs) since , well since it was launched in game update 6 or whatever it was a few years ago.

/discuss

Comments

• NeblessNebless Member RarePosts: 1,835
    Originally posted by Ragemaster

Anyhow, wanted to know how the pvp is going.  ... Do you find the pvp is good ? Is it more spread out instead of being focused in restuss?
    Overall, do you think the GCW part ONE revamp is a success or failure, and why.

The big GCW patch was officially a PvE patch.  Lot's of people thought / wanted it to be a Pvp patch but that wasn't their actual purpose.

Because of that I'd say as a Pvp item it was a fail.  It does spread the fights around, but the 3 city battles all happen at the same time so while it's all spread out, you really end up with all the Imp's in 1 place and all the Reb's in the others.  Then toss in the attackers being just combatant and the SF defenders can't do a thing to stop them.

When I did the Vet trial for it, I heard players were moving back to Restuess for thier Pvp since only at the very start was Pvp happening in the other cities.

As a PvE feature the GCW patch is a mixed win/fail.  It's a great idea and fun for .... 6 times?.  Defense of each city and attacking each city.  After that it becomes the same-o, same-o.  Repeat value is kind of weak to just keep doing it over and over and over again, but it's great the first times you see it.

SWG (pre-cu) - AoC (pre-f2p) - PotBS (pre-boarder) - DDO - LotRO (pre-f2p) - STO (pre-f2p) - GnH (beta tester) - SWTOR - Neverwinter

• RagemasterRagemaster Member UncommonPosts: 131

I am really , really sad to hear this. They took the GCW and made it even more carebear?!? Like this game didnt already have a crap ton of instances to farm, a crap ton of collections to do. All this sissy stuff that isnt even starwars???

Star wars is ABOUT CONFLICT..... hence the star WARS. WARS are fought between PEOPLE.....HUMANS, WITH BRAINS.

Attacking cities is PVE, defenders are PVP but cant defend... are you serious? Did SOE think they could just copy and paste warhammers RVE, realm vs enviroment, which in itself was fail, and call it a win?

Great, so they copied another games feature, which in said game didnt even function correctly, and slap it into an SWG patch?

Cloneing a similar mechanic, let alone a broken one, makes no sense to me.

Thanks for saving me $15 however, for that you have my eternal gratitude.

• NeblessNebless Member RarePosts: 1,835

Yea, it's worth the free vet trial, but that's about it.  You get some random Pvp but generally it's so lopsided it's a joke.  I did a patch review on the Vet board here that pretty much lays it all out.  And all my stuff is from the viewpoint of one that doesn't mind playing the NGE as it does have some good stuff in it.

Glad to be of some help and as always if you get a vet trial e-mail log on and check it out for yourself.  Best set of eyes are yours.

SWG (pre-cu) - AoC (pre-f2p) - PotBS (pre-boarder) - DDO - LotRO (pre-f2p) - STO (pre-f2p) - GnH (beta tester) - SWTOR - Neverwinter

• BurntvetBurntvet Member RarePosts: 3,465
    Originally posted by Ragemaster

I am really , really sad to hear this. They took the GCW and made it even more carebear?!? Like this game didnt already have a crap ton of instances to farm, a crap ton of collections to do. All this sissy stuff that isnt even starwars???
    Star wars is ABOUT CONFLICT..... hence the star WARS. WARS are fought between PEOPLE.....HUMANS, WITH BRAINS.
    Attacking cities is PVE, defenders are PVP but cant defend... are you serious? Did SOE think they could just copy and paste warhammers RVE, realm vs enviroment, which in itself was fail, and call it a win?
    Great, so they copied another games feature, which in said game didnt even function correctly, and slap it into an SWG patch?
    Cloneing a similar mechanic, let alone a broken one, makes no sense to me.

Thanks for saving me $15 however, for that you have my eternal gratitude.

Yeah, it is basically like the other guy said.

I played a few city invasions during the vet trial and unless you want to PvP, the update changed nothing. You could attack the city (or cities) as a combatant, and not PvP at all.  Blow up all the defenses, and there was nothing a defender could do. You even got 30 secs of attacking the "final boss" before you'd be PvP flagged, and that usually didn't happen because you'd be dead by then.

All in all, the GCW patch put in a few new things, but most lose any value after the first couple times. Oh, and btw, the "rewards" for all of these invasions come in the form of No Trade tokens, which in turn allow you to buy a bunch of mostly No Trade items. Plus, if you happen to be on a server that actually has enough people to PvP during one of these, the invasions caused so much lag, that it rendered everything a slideshow.

Fun once, maybe a few times, but it is the same overhyped and under-delivered stuff SOE and the the SWGNGE have become know for.

Fine on a vet trial, not fine P2P.